don't click here

My times

Print

Author Topic: My times  (Read 28881 times)

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
  • Its time to go overtime!
    • View Profile
My times
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:07:29 pm »
Until i can get a working camcorder or find my camera i am currently unable to prove my times...

However unless you would like to know how  did it you can request a guide from me on how to do it.....

I learned some time saver tricks from Youtube sonic community which helped me a bit in getting those times....

However my Sonic and Shaodw 1 times are near impossible to pull off unless you have slick fingering skills.

Feel free to PM if you feel any of my scores are bullshit and I'll gladly explain how it is done.
However much i am accused I am what i am...a true heroic weird kid

Offline SadisticMystic

Re: My times
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:10:10 pm »
10.11 Shadow v. Sonic at Green Forest? Just what kind of skills do you claim would make that even possible?

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:13:13 pm »
The guide's already been posted. The Sonic 1 strat is unintelligble, and the Big Foot one is just flat out impossible given the boss's cooldown time.

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 07:14:28 pm »
10.11 Shadow v. Sonic at Green Forest? Just what kind of skills do you claim would make that even possible?

I found a nice trick for this little level...

When you gain controls you should ave 6-7 seconds in however it is possible to exploit the Ai right off the bat instead of being an idiot and running you can home in saving at least 0.75 seconds and hit him until he stops countering(5 hits in 1 0.5 seconds anyway) they should be on the ground even after on ground there is a strange glitch which rarely occurs or something where right after immediatly stop flashing you can attack 3 times in a row and they cant move which i found starnge.

Happens every time i do the first ones only though...so yea it is possible if anyone else knows how that weird glitch works...

Its that or i may have a messed up SA2B disc as i did buy at gamestop pre used.

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 07:16:54 pm »
The guide's already been posted. The Sonic 1 strat is unintelligble, and the Big Foot one is just flat out impossible given the boss's cooldown time.

Actually it is possible to get that time on big foot as long as you stay in front then bounce attack and home attack right when he stops flashing...

I can geta average time of 17-19 seconds each time....

Also for sand ocean mission one if you use the mystic melody at the start of the level at the spot near intro you can geta time of under 1:30 but i didnt post it because i didnt know if it was legible or not for m1 with eggman there...

If it is then someone could be my time of 1:28 average there...

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 07:34:34 pm »
Based on tests conducted with rapid pause, the Big Foot opening animation takes 7.5 seconds. You gain control of Sonic just slightly before it ends (about 7 flat), but Big Foot doesn't even become vulnerable until it's fully taken off, which happens after 9 seconds. Each hit is followed by 2.5 seconds of hit-stun during which you can't register any hits even if you can recover from the forced knockback in time, and after the last hit it still takes 3 seconds for the boss to hit the ground and you to get credited with a time.

That's 9 + 2.5x3 + 3 = 19.5, and even that assumes that the boss will always be "in-bounds" immediately upon recovering from hitstun every time, as opposed to being behind the invisible wall where you can't reach it.  To claim 17 is patent nonsense.

Further augmenting the conjecture that you don't know what you're talking about is the belief that 1:30 Sand Ocean is such a broken mechanic whose legality needs debating. 1:30 isn't too far off from what you can get even without MM, the MM shortcut can easily take you under 1:00, and the current records for all of Sand Ocean fall under 30 seconds using a trick that's a lot more edgy than "let's take this warp that was intentionally placed here to advance forward in the level!"

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 07:43:06 pm »
Based on tests conducted with rapid pause, the Big Foot opening animation takes 7.5 seconds. You gain control of Sonic just slightly before it ends (about 7 flat), but Big Foot doesn't even become vulnerable until it's fully taken off, which happens after 9 seconds. Each hit is followed by 2.5 seconds of hit-stun during which you can't register any hits even if you can recover from the forced knockback in time, and after the last hit it still takes 3 seconds for the boss to hit the ground and you to get credited with a time.

That's 9 + 2.5x3 + 3 = 19.5, and even that assumes that the boss will always be "in-bounds" immediately upon recovering from hitstun every time, as opposed to being behind the invisible wall where you can't reach it.  To claim 17 is patent nonsense.

Further augmenting the conjecture that you don't know what you're talking about is the belief that 1:30 Sand Ocean is such a broken mechanic whose legality needs debating. 1:30 isn't too far off from what you can get even without MM, the MM shortcut can easily take you under 1:00, and the current records for all of Sand Ocean fall under 30 seconds using a trick that's a lot more edgy than "let's take this warp that was intentionally placed here to advance forward in the level!"

I can see your point of weiw but while i was watching other boss vids they didnt quite make sense to me either such as the egg golem fight world record where he just stands in front and bounces up to him i cant even figure that trick out.

I tried the Biolizard jump thing and i ended up dying every time so the record of 1:07 didnt make sense to me either and only caused confusion to me....

However the big foot if you forgot you can get the time 19 for ending it however at one point i did manage a 17 second record but it may have been a glitch i caught whole playing as you noticed.

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 07:46:27 pm »
for now Im off to see if i can use the strategies seen for the boss fights to see if i can get them done...

However if i can figure out the biolizard time and do it i'll be happy to try that...the only thing that sucks is when he goes red you cant run until you hit his center while floating.

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 07:57:45 pm »

A nifty litle trick can be used here.

If you watch on youtube several people can get times of 11-15 seconds flat however they just didnt exploit the Ai glitch i found in my glitched up SA2B

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 07:58:22 pm »
Egg Golem as Sonic just requires knowledge of the superbounce mechanic (and the ability to execute it 5 times to an exacting standard, of course). Let me guess...you never bothered to learn how to do that?

Biolizard has a certain arc within which you can bounce off it and be deflected up (assuming you don't dawdle around and take too long), rather than back down or worse, killed. How do you figure out the desired region? Experience. I presume you haven't put much stock into that, either?

In the case of Big Foot, the 19.5 figure is the amount of time spent in the fight that's NOTHING BUT WAITING. No matter what you do, even if you get every hit at the first eligible point in time, the accumulated waiting periods will not allow you to complete the fight in less time than that.

Curious also is that you generically refer to it as "some glitch" without going into any detail, or indeed apparently not showing any interest in wanting to find any details. I wonder why that is? Maybe the hope that if you just make stuff up at random, yet don't go into any detail about it, you hope that no one would call you into question because there's nothing to question?

Sorry, that won't fly here.

Nothing you've described can possibly yield 17.63 Big Foot, or 10.11 first Shadow v. Sonic fight, among other things. If you don't want your stuff to get shot down, I suggest not making that stuff up to begin with.

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 08:07:19 pm »
Egg Golem as Sonic just requires knowledge of the superbounce mechanic (and the ability to execute it 5 times to an exacting standard, of course). Let me guess...you never bothered to learn how to do that?

Biolizard has a certain arc within which you can bounce off it and be deflected up (assuming you don't dawdle around and take too long), rather than back down or worse, killed. How do you figure out the desired region? Experience. I presume you haven't put much stock into that, either?

In the case of Big Foot, the 19.5 figure is the amount of time spent in the fight that's NOTHING BUT WAITING. No matter what you do, even if you get every hit at the first eligible point in time, the accumulated waiting periods will not allow you to complete the fight in less time than that.

Curious also is that you generically refer to it as "some glitch" without going into any detail, or indeed apparently not showing any interest in wanting to find any details. I wonder why that is? Maybe the hope that if you just make stuff up at random, yet don't go into any detail about it, you hope that no one would call you into question because there's nothing to question?

Sorry, that won't fly here.

Nothing you've described can possibly yield 17.63 Big Foot, or 10.11 first Shadow v. Sonic fight, among other things. If you don't want your stuff to get shot down, I suggest not making that stuff up to begin with.

Now that i know what you have to do for Biolizard and Egg golem I may as well attempt to learn those.....

also the only reason i probaly havent bothered to figure the time glitches is because i was either in panic trying to do it it fast or didnt pay attention.

However since my game was "pre owned" it may be possible the person who had it previoulsy might have hacked into the ROM on it somehow that of which i cant do at moment and did something to disc...

However i examined my Knuckles and Rogue times and those are possible and not glitches as you can simply dig at them and deal damage anyway...

The big foot is may possibly 19.5 frm your view because when i ever a play the game it cuts off the top half of my scores since the screen is small so it may be possible that the time 19.5 instead of 17.2

Also the Sonic and Shadow times are godly to me in their own respect...

The next to fastest time ive seen for those is 11.4 seconds flat with both of them..

also I what is a antirecord??

Even if i were able to provide proof it would be impossible because numbers are cut off at top the whole time....

The only rexception to figuring true time is boss speed runs and the end of the match...

However in the game there are quite a few glitches exploited to get a faster time than usual....

While im at this i read that in the dreamcast version of sonic adventure 1 after you beat perfect chaos is that you have to fight Metal Sonic II or otherwise known as metal sonic reborn..

However there are no videos of so that makes me beleive that that info is fake...

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 08:10:00 pm »
a) That bottom part is irrelevant
b) It's false
c) What are you saying?
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 08:11:29 pm »
a) That bottom part is irrelevant
b) It's false
c) What are you saying?

the bottom part is irrelevant but like most things a lot of crap is innaccurate..

Im only saying that like most boss glitches there is always a way to speed it up.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 08:50:28 pm »
If there is always a way to speed up boss battles, then go find a way to improve on Aero Egg 5.50 (Advance 2). What? The fundamental physics of the game, along with hit-stun periods, prevent that time from ever going any lower? How can this be? I mean, your pseudo-philosophical statements are infallible, right?

Also, here's where it helps to do some research. Look up the GameCube disc format, including its physical mutability traits, then come back and try to give even a remotely plausible explanation for how someone could have "hacked the ROM" on the game disc. I mean, it's not like "hacking the ROM" is a completely meaningless descriptor when applied to GameCube discs, right? Surely someone of your immense philosophical and technical background should be able to give a full explanation of exactly what you're talking about?

Just as a point of information, antirecords are stats that fall within the bottom 10% of ordinal rankings (minimum 5 submissions for a chart to be eligible for antirecords).

Another thing. Now your claim is that the digits were unintelligible due to some limitation of your TV (i.e. it would have to cut off the top 50+ scanlines). How does that contrast to your stance during stat submissions? ("I know exactly what I got, because I'm submitting! 10.11! 17.63!") The rule you need to follow here is unless you're completely sure of what you got, don't submit it! That is, unless the rule you need to follow is if you're just pulling numbers out of your ass, don't submit those either instead. Either way.

And if nothing else, like you said, you can just play through the rest of boss mode with mediocre times just to see what your "good" ones are, so that you can be absolutely sure. That is, if you need to follow the first guideline rather than the second one.

In closing, do you have a working digital camera that can at least be used to snap pictures of the screen?

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 08:59:56 pm »
If there is always a way to speed up boss battles, then go find a way to improve on Aero Egg 5.50 (Advance 2). What? The fundamental physics of the game, along with hit-stun periods, prevent that time from ever going any lower? How can this be? I mean, your pseudo-philosophical statements are infallible, right?

Also, here's where it helps to do some research. Look up the GameCube disc format, including its physical mutability traits, then come back and try to give even a remotely plausible explanation for how someone could have "hacked the ROM" on the game disc. I mean, it's not like "hacking the ROM" is a completely meaningless descriptor when applied to GameCube discs, right? Surely someone of your immense philosophical and technical background should be able to give a full explanation of exactly what you're talking about?

Just as a point of information, antirecords are stats that fall within the bottom 10% of ordinal rankings (minimum 5 submissions for a chart to be eligible for antirecords).

Another thing. Now your claim is that the digits were unintelligible due to some limitation of your TV (i.e. it would have to cut off the top 50+ scanlines). How does that contrast to your stance during stat submissions? ("I know exactly what I got, because I'm submitting! 10.11! 17.63!") The rule you need to follow here is unless you're completely sure of what you got, don't submit it! That is, unless the rule you need to follow is if you're just pulling numbers out of your ass, don't submit those either instead. Either way.

And if nothing else, like you said, you can just play through the rest of boss mode with mediocre times just to see what your "good" ones are, so that you can be absolutely sure. That is, if you need to follow the first guideline rather than the second one.

In closing, do you have a working digital camera that can at least be used to snap pictures of the screen?

I dont have Sonic Advance 2 however i have sonic pinball party+Sonic Advance game for gba..

However i havent been Sonic Advance 1..

Ive got through most of it though...

I did have a camera until my brother stole it and sold it for pot.
So i stay pissed at him for ruining my current chances of giving proof.

I have 2 digital cameras but the screens are broke and they wont turn on.
Saving up money for a new one though..

Also in Hero mode boss run i can get an averahe finish of 6:17 due to the King boom boo i cant always get under a time of 1:30

However for dark its a little easier since instead of boom boo you have flying dog which is quicker to fall....

The only known way to hack a game is to use codebreaker,Action replay max or putting it in computer...

While in other cases glitches that usually are a go go to me can sometime be a no no as it seems to make Sonic invisble only when showing times....

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 09:04:32 pm »

I see... <_<

Can you borrow one? Bah, anyway you are already banned...
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 09:24:23 pm »

I see... <_<

Can you borrow one? Bah, anyway you are already banned...

I see this

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 09:28:47 pm »
However since my game was "pre owned" it may be possible the person who had it previoulsy might have hacked into the ROM on it somehow that of which i cant do at moment and did something to disc...
No. Just. No.

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 10:03:28 pm »
No. Just. No.

accetable ansewer.....also i may consider just doing a chao raisng guide for now..

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 10:05:48 pm »
No. Just. No.

accetable ansewer.....also i may consider just doing a chao raisng guide for now..
What's an "accetable ansewer", the fact that it's obvious you're BSing, or are you trying to claim that it's possible for someone to hack a read-only medium?

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 10:06:21 pm »
Congrats, you are now making absolutely no sense whatsoever, Kitty..
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 10:11:39 pm »
While im at this i read that in the dreamcast version of sonic adventure 1 after you beat perfect chaos is that you have to fight Metal Sonic II or otherwise known as metal sonic reborn..

However there are no videos of so that makes me beleive that that info is fake...
I found a video of it on YouTube. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 10:14:29 pm »
Hey, I think I've seen that...

But I don't know what's worse: the fact that you're arguing with SadisticMystic or the fact that you're so adamantly defending yourself that you'll go to all lengths to defy all logic.

Seriously.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 10:27:06 pm »
Hey, I think I've seen that...

But I don't know what's worse: the fact that you're arguing with SadisticMystic or the fact that you're so adamantly defending yourself that you'll go to all lengths to defy all logic.

Seriously.

Also Rick rolls are old these days.....
When ban is over(if ever) I'll just put down acceptable times until i can buy a new camcorder and prove because you can damage him exactly one second into flashing...

Also I watch SadysticMystic's video and understand what he explans 98% of the time in them.

Sometimes when i watch i get confused from them...

Also why argue with a mod??

"When you argue against a mod you can't win"

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 10:29:30 pm »

When we have absolute proof that your times are BS and you argue against it, you're right: you can't win.

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 10:31:41 pm »

When we have absolute proof that your times are BS and you argue against it, you're right: you can't win.

However the only way i can prove i dont cheat is get a recording device.
Also where could i get a codebreaker and Action replay for gc??

Im still having to work on all A rank for all characters.

I think i have 38 at the most for now...

Also how is it possible to argue against mod when you never looked around first(big fuck up that made mebe on ban)

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 10:33:52 pm »
QFT:

Yet... you still are/were?
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 10:35:43 pm »
QFT:

Yet... you still are/were?

Im trying to resist for now.
Its bad enough i had myself banned from scores im trying to resist so i can stay eventually become helpful and just be a regular instead of being a retard like right now...

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 10:37:11 pm »
I find it hard to believe that you could have broken those records but not have all A's. All A rank is relatively easy compared to breaking those records.

Offline crazy_kitty777

• The odd one out
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 10:38:47 pm »
I find it hard to believe that you could have broken those records but not have all A's. All A rank is relatively easy compared to breaking those records.

yeah but i really work at 2 levels at a time.....

for now.......

Topic Locked...

The user who made the topic locked.
No further discussion is needed until proof can be provided.

Print

Hits: 184 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.23 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.