don't click here

Attn: fuzzerd

Print

Author Topic: Attn: fuzzerd  (Read 13323 times)

Attn: fuzzerd
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:00:07 pm »
http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_1/times/green_hill_2 <-- I'm pretty sure that 0:14 is impossible, as the TAS is 0:17 last I checked. I'm ancient so I wouldn't know. Plus, having "hahaha!" as a comment is kind of tell-tale of bs.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:09:48 pm by Strong Bad »

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: fuzzerd
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:02:19 pm »
TAS is 13 last I checked. Maybe even 12.

It's possible, but with a very small margin for error.

Also, you're one to talk >_>

<3 Thorn.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:03:09 pm »
TAS is 13 and it'd require crazy timing
Did you not think I had a mind?

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 10:08:23 pm »
Also, you're one to talk >_>
1. I don't BS.
2. I don't have any comments with "pwnt", "take that", or anything of the like.
3. ???
4. Profit
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:29:13 pm by Strong Bad »

Offline Upthorn

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 10:12:56 pm »
Fuzzerd, how was this time achieved? I'm quite sure that the TAS strategy isn't possible in real time, if there is a new trick here, it might be useful in other ways...
Go not to the linguaphiles for help, for they will say both "Yes" and "No" and "That reminds me of an interesting story about long vowels in Upper Sorbian which I must tell you right now..."

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 01:50:47 am »
I'd just like to know how to manage 17 seconds.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 07:37:50 pm »
my hahaha comment was becuase I was suprised that I actually did the trick,  and I never thought I would be able to take a record other then just tieing it, sorry it was a stupid comment I know.

I achieved this time by carefully whatching the tas (which is 13 seconds) using debug mode to figure out what the hell was going on when I went through the left wall, and why I was dieing, and save states to practice, but the final run was done in real time single segment (on an emulator but I was told emulators were legal).

its a difficult trick that requires some luck since (I think) it requires 1 frame timing when you can't see whats going on.  but I'd say its far easier then the marble 1 and 3 tricks.

details:  you probably can't tell whats going on in the tas,  first when you go through the left wall you actually teleport to the far right of the level, obviously you die when you go below the bottom of the screen (I don't know why the screen decides to go up).  second when you hear the taser jump he actually starts holding left so that he can spin through the tunnel just as the screen is going up, preventing you from going below it. (you can pass through the flag and invisible walls that should be there since your off the screen)  then you just sit back and whatch the screen go by, and the tunnel pushes you back down and into the flag.  I think you have to pass through the tunnel at the exact right frame with full speed.

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 09:36:17 pm »
Sound like crazy timing. Awesome.

Offline andyt

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 02:44:41 am »
what's TAS?

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 02:46:21 am »
TAS = Tool Assisted Speedrun. Basically, you take a modified emulator that can allow you to make movements as precisely as possible (frame by frame as opposed to second by second) and use it to compete. That's not allowed here.

Offline maggot

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • old-school 2D pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 11:35:02 pm »
I tried this 0:13 strat several times. No success until now...
you can run, but not fast enough...

Offline andyt

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 01:31:38 am »
so where can i see the TAS of 0:13 you guys are talking about? the 0:17 tas would be interesting as well (to see the fastest non wall glitch time).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 07:36:47 am by andyt »

Print

Hits: 537 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.