don't click here

The mode of operations for LD

Print

Author Topic: The mode of operations for LD  (Read 10353 times)

Offline Rolken

The mode of operations for LD
« on: March 02, 2008, 09:23:15 pm »
This is a place for establishing the validity of records. It is not a place for throwing chairs. The level of discourse should properly be closer to that of a court of law than Jerry Springer.

Specifically, 'big text', all caps, sarcastic and cynical remarks, flaming, and general drama are counterproductive. If there are issues to be addressed, then they will be better addressed through politeness and facts. Even the venerable "I call BS" requires a certain level of tactfulness in its usage.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline CosmicFalcon

Re: The mode of operations for LD
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:36:26 am »
Here, here. (Or is that Hear, hear? I don't really understand... is it derived from 'hear it'?)

Anyway, I propose that new topics be made to a stricter template. I mean, generally most follow it but some are just bs (ironically).

Topic titles should be "Attn: [nick]", and should be suffixed with tags such as [dispute], [resolved], etc. This way, if a single player resolves one dispute, and another claim is made, the change in topic title will reflect this so they won't just disregard the topic.
EDIT: Perhaps mention game/level in question, by abbreviation.

As for the post contents, the game/level/division/stat should be stated, as well as a link to the chart (of all stats for that game/level/div). And, where applicable or appropriate or deemed necessary, an explanation of the questionability. In some cases this should be brief, such as those where the falseness is known for certain.

Basically, no "omg how did you do that???!??" topics, on top of the no "jerry springer" style topics as Rolk says.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:13:57 pm »
I sort of agree CF, although I think there's value in "how did you do that, please help me out" topics as well as "omg ur h4xx0ring" ones, and having a strict format kinda lends to one being perceived as the other (if you see what I mean).
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:19:58 pm »
"How did you do that, please help me out" is not a leaderboard dispute. If you want to talk about how to go fast, that's in Competition Central, or any non-forum chat or suchlike.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 04:21:33 pm »
This is a good point, and I bow to CF's superior forum skillz.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Rolken

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 06:28:01 am »
I'm now deleting posts that don't meet these standards.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline SonicAD

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 10:18:46 pm »
Further to this, the goal here is to get the accused person to explain what's going on for themselves. Think before you post. If you're giving the accused an excuse for what they did that they were unaware of, you may be getting in the way of the facts. If the accused player is legitimate, they should be able to explain for themselves. If not, they'll dig their own grave.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 07:19:51 am »
Further to that, if the dispute doesn't involve you, or is not in your area of expertise, shut the fuck up. There's nothing worse than topics getting pointlessly derailed, especially when their purpose is to maintain the legitimacy of the rankings.

TSC's dispute resolution system differs from somewhere like Cyberscore because we don't let just anyone make a complaint. Remember, if you're calling someone out just because their times are insanely fast, there's a good chance you're wrong. :)

With that said, not all of the admins are well versed in all of the games, and this is where those of you who are experienced in competition in a game in question can step in if you have a query. Just be careful that your comments do not degrade into personal attacks and the like.

tl;dr: if you're going to call someone out, or contribute to calling someone out, know what you're talking about.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 12:29:09 pm »
Topic titles should be "Attn: [nick]", and should be suffixed with tags such as [dispute], [resolved], etc. This way, if a single player resolves one dispute, and another claim is made, the change in topic title will reflect this so they won't just disregard the topic.

I propose a proper implementation of this rule. [Resolved - (course(s) of action taken)] is my proposed way of doing this. For example:

ATTN: DarkspinesSonic [Resolved - Stats Proved] This would be in the (rare) case where said member proves their stats are legitimate. Another example:

ATTN: sonicandamy [Resolved - Banned/Stats Kept] Would be a prime way of describing what has happened to a member's submissions. If they want details to what happened, they'll have to look within the thread.

Some more examples would be "Banned/Stats Suspended" and "Submissions Removed/Rules Breach".
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Print

Hits: 670 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.