don't click here

ATTN: knuckles_sonic8

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: knuckles_sonic8  (Read 12460 times)

Offline eredani

ATTN: knuckles_sonic8
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:15:19 pm »
http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_chaos/scores/gigalopolis_2/tails

Your score on this chart is impossible to get because of the way the speed bonus works in the game, and the same principle applies to your TH2T score. There is no known way of attaining such high scores at all. And looking at the rest of your bracket, you had previously reverted 3 other scores because they were absurdly high. Comparing this to your other stats which are all blue or green, and it seems very unreasonable that you could even get a single record in the game.

Offline JBertolli

Re: ATTN: knuckles_sonic8
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 06:58:43 am »
And I still want an explaination on this >:O

http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_heroes/rings/bullet_station/chaotix

999 is far from my reach and never seems to come any closer. Even Mike is still 106 rings away.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:01:43 pm »
After ignoring apparently repeated entreaties to pay attention to this topic, he is banned and his stats suspended.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 12:50:49 pm »
I'm not banned! :o
I thought I was...

Okay, here's the story guys.

First off, I'm not on here as much as I used to be because I constnatly feel like I don't belong here anymore but that's another story. "Repeated entreaties" on a site I don't go on much anymore - I've come here only for SRZG times once, and one other time because of this and that's it - is useless. SJ was smart enough to message my Wii. But even then, I couldn't reply...

Computer usage is very resitrcted for me these days. Same goes for Wii usage but computer much more so.

Auriman told me yesterday on my other site that I'm pending a ban and I was shocked because when SJ first told me days ago, I could only visit and I couldn't explain my story because I was about to get kicked off. I got upset at the fact that I was banned for something that's beyond my control. Other times it's just me coming home from school being able to sneak on the computer and I'm semi-excited to do a lot of stuff and TSC fades into the background and I can't get to it because I'm caught or I'm booted off and other times I forget entirely. And for that, I apologize.

You guys have it all wrong. I didn't "CHEAT".
Scores have always been a funny thing for me. 3D Sonic games calculate the final score for you which is a slight blessing on its own but for GG games where I have to determine the score myself, it's almost trial and error.

You can remove my scores, I don't mind. And I'm sorry if I threw everyone off but I would like to get scores back up if someone could PLEASE tell me how to calculate them properly because clearly, I did it wrong.

I hope you all understand and please don't ban me. It was an honest misunderstanding and I hope you understand. But could someone please point in the right direction for calculating scores on Chaos, that'd be appreciated.

As for the Heroes claim, it's not my fault (again) I got lucky. Deal with it. People get lucky on the Chaotix ring stats which is partly why I got so fed up with those because it's more luck-based than anything else. But that ring total (in fact, NONE of my stats in Heroes) are/is not a lie.

Whether you believe my story or not, well, that's for you to decide. But I've done my part and I hope you guys understand, especially you Rolken since you pulled out the ban hammer on me.

Thanks guys.

Oh, and Sonic Unleashed ftw! ;)

Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 03:42:06 pm »
Err, what? The game calculates your score, not you. Didn't you notice, like, the score bonus screen that appears after you beat a stage? :/

Also other than that weirdness I do believe you (not like it matters). I haven't seen you on the forum in a while so that's more than plausible. :o
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 07:49:03 pm »
As for why I'm still banned, who knows. It's funny how the same people that were complaining about my irregularity on the forum aren't even posting a verdict on this. I've been meaning to submit stats for SRZG but now I'm losing hope.

Is it that you guys don't believe me?
Everything I said was true and again, if you don't personally believe me and want me to never come back then so be it.

But it was an honest mistake, I said I was sorry, and I said I was willing for you to remove all my stats and try again with someone telling me how to do it properly.

I guess I wrote down the wrong score... But I'm confused I guess.

I think it was like this - hypothetical situation:
First level: let's say in 10,000's Total Score.
Second Level: Let's say 30,000's Total score. I look at the charts and realize I'm too high up so it's not the "30,000" so I subtract "10,000" from "30,000" to get my score.

I was just confused at the time I guess, I don't know. I vaguely remember how the scoring is done but can you at least give me a chance. I'm being honest, here. I'm an idiot for what I did and it's not my fault. Can someone please just give me a chance and show me thr right way (heck, I barely care about Chaos stats, I just want to compete in my other games that I actually have a chance at/actually care about).

I do believe you (not like it matters).

What's that supposed to mean?
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:06:10 pm »
what do you mean first level/second level?

are you playing each stage individually and restarting the stage each time?

than again I dont know how Chaos stats work.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:15:32 pm »
As for the Heroes claim, it's not my fault (again) I got lucky. Deal with it. People get lucky on the Chaotix ring stats which is partly why I got so fed up with those because it's more luck-based than anything else. But that ring total (in fact, NONE of my stats in Heroes) are/is not a lie.

Not lucky enough! Seriously, that is just too much luck for my fully developed brain to comprehend my Knuckly friend. You don't know what infinite flying is with Chaotix, right?

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 06:43:59 am »
I think I may understand what he means.  He played two levels in a row, and got the total score afterwards.  He then tried to subtract the score of the first level from the total to get his score on the second level.  I think.  Or he accidentally posted the entire score (not all that unbelievable, did that on S3D a couple of times but caught myself, this was back in the summer though).
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 06:56:35 am »
And I still want an explaination on this >:O

http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_heroes/rings/bullet_station/chaotix

999 is far from my reach and never seems to come any closer. Even Mike is still 106 rings away.

Not lucky enough! Seriously, that is just too much luck for my fully developed brain to comprehend my Knuckly friend.

Now click again the link you posted. <_<

Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 09:27:48 am »
I think it was like this - hypothetical situation:
First level: let's say in 10,000's Total Score.
Second Level: Let's say 30,000's Total score. I look at the charts and realize I'm too high up so it's not the "30,000" so I subtract "10,000" from "30,000" to get my score.
Oh, that's what you mean. You should just use level select, then you start the level with a score of 0 points anyway. :p
(And be sure to reset if you fail as otherwise you'll carry over the points from your previous try. >_>)

I do believe you (not like it matters).

What's that supposed to mean?
As in "I do believe you but since I don't have any powers here that doesn't really help you.".
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 10:12:37 am »
You do realize that on that ring attack, 2 other people achieved 999 rings.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 01:53:01 pm »
J isn't concerned about the recent 999's that have been submitted.  J is concerned about Ks8's 996 because you would need massive amounts of luck to even achieve that many rings due to how many are in the stage and how many enemies are provided.  The recent 999s weren't obtained by normal means and instead they had to go out of their way to find more rings than normal and complete the stage.  J doesn't think Ks8 knows about a certain glitch with Team Chaotix.

Also about the Chaos scores.  If that's what you did do Ks8, you've never played a 2D sonic game before and paid any attention to your score?

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline Rolken

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 02:00:49 pm »
I'm withholding judgment until this Heroes business that I have no idea about runs its course, but if there's no shenanigans you'll be unbanned. I suspended you because that seemed more fair than for the others to compete against someone who had possibly illegitimate times and wasn't proving his stuff.

But yes, you shouldn't be anything less than extremely scrupulous with calculating scores.

edit: For possibly different reasons, PPA's sentiment is one I agree with. I believe you, but it's more important that the competitors can believe you.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 09:46:33 pm »
I just want to point out, I know this has been mostly resolved, but somewhere down the line it was stated that KS8 possibly didn't know the Team Blast Glitch.  Allow me to remind whomever it was that it's perfectly possible to charge the team blast without the glitch, generally by thundershooting repeatedly.  I've done this multiple times; it's not that I don't know the glitch, I just can't seem to actually execute it.  It just takes a really long time to charge like this, which is why the TBG is allowed for Chaotix Rings, because otherwise RAing Chaotix levels would take FOREVER.  This is also probably why KS8 hit just shy of triple 9's; while getting so close may usually be a prompt to try again, if KS8 got the rings the slow way he probably would want a rather long break afterwards.  Again, I know this is resolved, I just felt like pointing this out.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 11:00:20 pm »
wrong glitch Antiporcupine :/

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Print

Hits: 450 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.15 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.