don't click here

I have a dream.

Print

Author Topic: I have a dream.  (Read 126038 times)

Offline P.P.A.

I have a dream.
« on: February 16, 2008, 10:37:55 am »
I had a weird dream last night.
I decided to live as a homeless for a day. Together with Harald Schmidt (a German comedian).
Things I remember from the dream:
  • I found a Master System game with animated sex scenes (2D and pixellated of course).
  • In a beautiful forest I discovered that tilting the control stick back then forth in rapid succession makes you jump without spinning (I suddenly was Sonic for some reason).
  • At the end, 18:00 in-dream time, we were flown away in an helicopter by ninjas serving Harald Schmidt. (I was back in human form, no longer Sonic.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 10:49:55 am by P.P.A. »
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
Re: I have a dream.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:57:05 am »
I think you left out some details.  There had to be furries in there somewhere....
/Minus bricked

Edit: So THIS was my 100th post?  O.o
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 02:08:59 pm by Antiporcupine »
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:02:05 am »
There were no furries. >.>

Also this should be in Wikkity. Seems I messed up somehow. D:

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 01:13:15 pm »
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Antronach

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 04:01:51 am »
How did Harald taste?
Quote from: Emma Lover
Solution? Live with it.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 10:54:57 am »
^?

Also today I dreamed I ate two bites of a picture frame. Forgot the rest of the dream. >_>

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 07:38:22 pm »
Most of my dreams consist of believable, down-to-earth monetary or material gain. Then I wake up and I'm sad because it wasn't real D: (ex: the other night I dreamt I won a contest for two 1GB SD cards and an electric home outlet to car plug adapter)

Other dreams I remember include ones that just felt like a regular day, such as going to school and listening to lectures, sitting in the car playing Dragon Warrior III on my GBC, or watching a feature-length cinematic movie that doesn't exist to the extent of my knowledge, although I almost never get to see the ends of them <_< (If wish I could remember the plots of the movies after waking up).

There was some foresight in the Dragon Warrior III experience, actually, as I accurately played further into the game than I had actually gotten at the time :o
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 07:19:50 am »
My younger brother once dreamed of how to beat the Commander Keen 2 game; he told me and it worked.  It had something to do with, the Vorticons don't jump when the lights are off and therefore are easy to kill.  It was very strange....
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 09:52:34 am »
Yeah my dreams are usually somewhat similar to Auriman's...

But sometimes they involve real-life-y events that get wrecked by something gamey. Like, walking through the park and encountering Giga Bowser. <_________________< Use your imagination from there...
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 03:20:28 pm »
My younger brother once dreamed of how to beat the Commander Keen 2 game; he told me and it worked.  It had something to do with, the Vorticons don't jump when the lights are off and therefore are easy to kill.  It was very strange....
Interesting factoid: when you're asleep, the brain is basically filing all the stuff you've been up to, which is what causes dreams.  It's why when you have a difficult problem people say "sleep on it" - with any luck your brain will have sorted all the relevant stuff out and you'll have your solution.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 05:29:34 am »
Lol, last night I dreamt that Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was announced for the 360/PS3 and Sonic Adventure 3 for the Wii.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 03:35:59 pm »
Lol, last night I dreamt that Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was announced for the 360/PS3...

Obligatory.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 04:23:09 pm »
Not what I meant but still cool.

(also lol who takes 9 minutes on that level?)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 04:25:48 pm »
Fail for not seeing the reference in the HUD?

Or deliberate ignoring of it?

Offline Antronach

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 11:51:51 pm »
Not what I meant but still cool.

(also lol who takes 9 minutes on that level?)
I do, with knuckles. x.x
Solution? Live with it.

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »
zomg necromancing.

Anyway. First dream I could actually remember over ten seconds of ended a few minutes ago, and it was bizarre. Allow me to summarize:

I'm dropped into a world that I have no fucking clue what it is, but it seems like we're in some sort of haunted mansion-type-place. I see Aragorn, but can't recognize the people with him. A sword is suddenly in my hand, and we run through a room filled with generic weak baddies. At the end of the room, we find some spirit guy with a really long beard, and he says (I can't believe I actually remember the speech) "Aragorn, my boy, it's been so long since I last saw you." The party replies with a loud "GANDALF!?" "Yes." Unimportant convo follows, then we strangely have the ability to transform into some arbitrary object, most of them either ball-shaped or with wheels. Of course, the object changes frequently to our convenience, even though it wasn't meant to. Dream physics are weird like that. Anyway, as we continue I begin to feel like this is some sort of adventure game, but then we find two sort of formless guards to the next room. We hear Gandalf's voice near us saying something about having to defeat one but not the other, so we kill the weaker-looking one. It turns into a crayon outline. Someone in the party (who for a moment looks like Legolas) colors it red, then he gets the power to turn into some weird ball with strange designs on it. We enter the next room, I feel more and more like this is just some game I'm playing, and, as usual, the second I go lucid BAM I wake.

Edit: Well, this is the longest and most detailed post yet isn't it?
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 03:11:54 pm »
Heh, that's... interesting... you know I want to ask how you held the sword. I'm guessing you dream your hands are different all the time. I woke up this morning planning to make a similar post for a nonlucid that I remembered from this morning with some ridiculous amount of detail, and you beat me to it. I don't care, though, and I'm posting the entry from my journal anyway.

Night 4
Whoa... after two awakenings overnight, I was conscious enough to have a dream that was so clear and so easy to recall that I'm surprised I didn't wake up or attain lucidity.

I find myself walking into work just as imagined yesterday. The store is laid out almost exactly as it is in reality. My co-worker is playing a video game on a cash register (we frequently use them to browse the Internet). I peek over his shoulder, and he explains to me that one of his friends is modifying an old Sonic game, and is great at art but not so hot at making levels. I tell him that I have a modified level for the same game on my flash drive, and I go back into the department to find another computer to examine the flash drive on. I start pulling up files, and my supervisor walks over and asks what I'm doing. I explain, and he shrugs and walks away. My manager walks over and asks when I plan on selling any computers to customers, and says that I haven't made a sale in the last two hours (looking back on the dream, it had been no more than two minutes). I turn around, and one of the technicians is helping with a sale, for some reason not in uniform. He tells me he has to get back to the tech bench, and asks me to tender the sale in his stead. The customers tell me they want a GPS, and I reluctantly follow them out of the department. They walk past the GPSes, and to stereos, when I have a sudden thought that I have a dentist appointment.

The dream changed... I am on one of my university's buses, inexplicably in street clothes. Looking out the window, I deduce that I'm heading towards north campus, and must have gotten on the wrong bus, since I park to the south and was aiming to get to my car (or at least that's what goal my dream set in my mind). A female bus driver, who in reality does not drive the north bus, was gabbing to a passenger while she drove.

The dream changed again... I'm riding shotgun in my own car, once again in my work uniform, with my mother at the wheel. We're driving north on a familiar highway, and we exit onto a side street. My mother questions why I'm looking out the window, spacing out. I tell her I don't know, and we soon stop the car and get out. We walk into what appears to be a Burger King (god only knows what happened to the dentist's office I told myself I needed to go to two minutes ago), and I notice a bag on a counter inside. There's a design of a Sonic character on the side, and I assume it must be the latest set of toys for Kid's Meals. My mother asks me want I want to order, and I awaken.

Offline Donna

• Sonic Deconstructionist
  • TSC: donnashowl
  • winxp chrome
  • Don't give me hOPs unless I earned them!
    • View Profile
    • Donna's Blog - Found the Computer Room
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 08:45:24 am »
Apparently thread duplication is a greater sin than Necromancy. Oh well.

So, as you all may have noticed from chat, I have some serious problems with sleep. My terrible nightmares make me hatehatehatehate sleeping. I often won't go to bed when upset out of fear of causing them, because when I go to bed angry, I have nightmares. These nightmares include a lot of things I would rather not talk about and I think I've only told one of you even close to how bad they really are.

Well, I was furious last night when I got home, but I was also wiped out from a week of sleep deprivation (largely from anger). Plus I had a killer headache. So I lay down angry, and started to have nightmares.

I don't remember the content very well, but I was having a very bad nightmare about driving. I think that I was lost trying to get somewhere, or trying to get away from someone, but I remember being very frightened. I woke up for a second and fell back asleep, and realized that I was dreaming.

This is the first lucid dream I've had in about six years. A lucid dream, for those who don't know, is a dream where you realize that you're dreaming (lucid meaning aware of what's happening to you, generally). Now, having read all that I have on lucid dreams, I knew that I could change my lucid dreams. In fact, every time I've had a lucid dream, having the knowledge that I did, I changed something.

My first lucid dream, when I was twelve, was also a nightmare that turned into a good dream as I became a superhero-werewolf, and after I saved the day and got the boy, I woke myself up. That dream was only semi-lucid, I wasn't really thinking straight or I would have stayed in it and had more adventures. My next lucid dream was when I was 14 and I was stuck in 8th grade again, so I made my crush come to my classroom, but I woke up before he got there from focusing too hard. My next lucid dream, when I was 16, was a nightmare about failing art (which I had passed the previous year), and when I became lucid I realized I was cold because my legs were uncovered in the waking world, so I tried to pull up my covers without waking up. It didn't quite work, but it almost did.

Right, so back to the present. I was driving along some kind of messed up highway, I think I-75 or I-675, and I realized that I was dreaming--I'd just been in bed and if I were anywhere on 75 or 675 I'd know where I was going. Then I realized that I was lucid dreaming, for the first time in a long time. I thought to myself, "This is a rare opportunity, I have to do something awesome."

So I managed for the first time to change my dream into something I wanted.

And I made my biggest dream in the whole wide world come true. To the point where I'm tearing up as I write this.

I drove to Green Hill Zone and ran through Act One.

I lost visual halfway through as I was waking up but I still remember that freedom, zipping through the landscape, finally living the dream I've had for 18 years. The details escape me now, except for one--bouncing on the spring, flying into the air, feeling the wind through my hair (spines?), the stretch of my leg as my toes pointed toward the ground as if I were dancing, the pull of my shoulders as I reached toward the sun.

I am finally having a good week.
-Donna, the crazy English major
I don't want your stinking hops!

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 11:57:49 am »
^ Your head is funny. Cool stuff, though, and if it stopped whatever nightmare you were having then even better.

Damn, I haven't had a lucid dream in months. I figured spring break'd be the time for it too, but apparently not. I should probably get back into them all over again once the semester's over, doing it the easy way yet the way that nobody likes by waking up early and going back to sleep.

Offline Donna

• winxp chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 12:32:28 pm »
I only lucid dream when I'm getting enough sleep. Like, I've been sleep deprived lately, but then I slept for 3-4 hours yesterday morning, five hours yesterday evening, and then seven hours last night.

Good luck to you. :)

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 12:40:31 pm »
I had this dream where like everybody at TSC was at the TSC Con that flyby set up. Then a SWAT team stormed us and we all split up into groups to run away. It was pretty epic. >_>

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 01:17:59 pm »
Wow what an epic dream. Lol <_>

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 04:22:57 pm »
My dream last night was a simple dream.

I awoke in my apartment, but there was no one here...  there was nothing here, in fact, aside from my computer.

Assuming that it was an elaborate practical joke, I hop online and check the forums here and on SDA, and everything's gone...

I look outside, off my balcony... it's snowing heavily, but there are no lights...  all the cars are gone...

I was alone.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Antronach

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 04:41:04 pm »
Anyone here woke up during sleep paralysis? It's rather frightening since you can't move and can be made worse when your mind's still dreaming.

I actually had clinical lycanthropy until I got my sleeping seclude fixed. >>;

p.s. Martin Luther King jr. ftw

p.p.s. I FEXED THE SENTANCE R U HAPY?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:01:42 pm by Chao_Fan »
Solution? Live with it.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 04:55:16 pm »
what were you?

also: Yes, I've had Night-Para quite frequently...  I have had a couple instances where I couldn't breathe, and I blacked out from panic
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 04:59:07 pm »
Anyone here woke up during sleep paralysis? Fukken scary shit, especially when your mind's still dreaming.

This sentence confuses me. >_>

If you wake up into sleep paralysis, it's difficult to move, and people do tend to feel vibrations and hallucinations and the like, and it scares the hell out of people if they're not used to it. But you're saying it's scary when you're still dreaming and in sleep paralysis? If you're conscious in a dream and your real body is immobile... well, that's lucid dreaming, which donna was talking about. And she's elated. :P

EDIT: *reads below* Oh, during the day. Say so next time, that's totally different. >_>
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:04:24 pm by Thorn »

Offline Antronach

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 05:02:30 pm »
what were you?

also: Yes, I've had Night-Para quite frequently...  I have had a couple instances where I couldn't breathe, and I blacked out from panic
School. Most of the time it'd be during 4th period, but it happened during 1st period once.
Solution? Live with it.

Offline Maru Kiba

• The Oltanis Team Sub-Leader
  • TSC: Maru_Kiba
  • winxp firefox
  • Maru Kiba of The Oltanis Team
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 08:08:30 pm »
Ever have REM sleep disorder? Where you act out your dreams while you are still sleeping? I haven't but I know some people that did. And it is weird but can be seriously harmful. (Say you act out a dream where you are flying off your balcony or your chair) Heh
The Oltanis Team. Is made up of 9 strong and special members.
Leader (Gold-Black): Tanor Zeta Faux
Sub-Leader (Crimson): Maru Akane Kiba
Gold General (Yellow): Tana Iota Faux
Silver General (Purple): Kota Aura Rae
Bronze General (Ice Blue): Eis Sam Makai
Squad Leader (Dark Blue): Salza H. Refurin
Castle Guardian (White): Nathan S. Graves
Rune Mistress (Lavender): Forsha Timbre
Storm Dragon (Dark Grey): Helios Darkus Kiba
---
http://s917.photobucket.com/home/MaruKiba/index

Where i'll store my pics for proofs and what not. If you want to find the proof on stats, go here. I'm not posting them on the comment page for stats anymore.

Offline Donna

• winxp chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 10:07:50 pm »
Anyone here woke up during sleep paralysis? It's rather frightening since you can't move and can be made worse when your mind's still dreaming.

I have sleep paralysis frequently when I'm waking up, but only rarely when I'm still dreaming. It's horrible. I usually spend the whole time trying to scream and it lasts a good 10-20 seconds.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 11:13:52 am »
Last night I had a dream where I was in a candy store with the Cortex from Crash Bandicoot. He took me (along with 11 other people) into a subway where he opened up a secret passage in the men's bathroom that led into a house. There, I suddenly began cleaning the showers.
Sometime later, I was in a garbage can and hopping around like spring Mario in SMG. Then I got back to the guys house and noticed it was Halloween. Then Megaman Flew in on Rush. I saw that Megaman had a string wrapped around his arm that was wrapped around Rush's neck.
Then I woke up and I was like "wtf?"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:04:11 pm by ieatatsonic »
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Print

Hits: 594 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.30 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.