don't click here

Sonic Heroes Query

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Heroes Query  (Read 4115 times)

Sonic Heroes Query
« on: February 03, 2008, 05:12:23 pm »
Ok, this is probably me being stupid, but it's bugged me for a while.

On speed runs (For example, Final Fortress, this one in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWYe1KYYkoU) people do a few things which I am clueless as to how.

1) First off, speed. No matter what I do, I'm never as fast on rails, I'm just curious as to how people keep the speed so high (For instance, in the vid the person reaches the first rail at 8~9 seconds, yet I'm always at 10~11 seconds)

2) Rocket Accel. In the vid above, at ~17~18 seconds, the person RA's onto the platform in the distance. Try as I might, I can't get that far or that high regardless of what I do.

If anyone has answers to these, it would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, I have the XBox version.
Also, if there is an advance techniques FAQ of any kind, any directions to it would be appreciated to.

I know this is probably me being a helpless newb, but I'm always happy to learn new things ^_^
And thanks in advance.

Offline Mo

Re: Sonic Heroes Query
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:23:36 pm »
To go really fast on rails hold the grind button after you press it and keep on doing this when you switch rails.

The rocket accel trick is also hard for me because you would have to do the rocket accel lots of times,jump and do the homing attack at the right time to get to that platform.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 07:08:55 pm »
Ok, this is probably me being stupid, but it's bugged me for a while.

On speed runs (For example, Final Fortress, this one in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWYe1KYYkoU) people do a few things which I am clueless as to how.

1) First off, speed. No matter what I do, I'm never as fast on rails, I'm just curious as to how people keep the speed so high (For instance, in the vid the person reaches the first rail at 8~9 seconds, yet I'm always at 10~11 seconds)

2) Rocket Accel. In the vid above, at ~17~18 seconds, the person RA's onto the platform in the distance. Try as I might, I can't get that far or that high regardless of what I do.

If anyone has answers to these, it would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, I have the XBox version.
Also, if there is an advance techniques FAQ of any kind, any directions to it would be appreciated to.

I know this is probably me being a helpless newb, but I'm always happy to learn new things ^_^
And thanks in advance.

I can help you with the Rocket Accel jump. Since you are having trouble with that, try rocket acceling, and then switching to fly formation, then jump. You can go far, and be able to fly, as well. That will help you to reach that platform, until you can get the long jump down, with minimal effort. For rails, if they are sloping downward, just grind and hold the button once, which keeps you at top speed. For horizontal rails, grind twice and then hold the button. I hope this helps.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 11:09:05 pm »
Thank you kindly =D

Print

Hits: 367 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1011.68 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.