don't click here

ITT the rules

Print

Author Topic: ITT the rules  (Read 9781 times)

Offline P.P.A.

ITT the rules
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:13:17 am »
http://mario.soniccenter.org/rankings/rules

Statistics are taken from the time the timer stops. This is usually when the signpost, goal ring or the capsule is hit, though in some levels it may apply to other events, eg. in Wing Fortress, time is taken from when the screen fades out. Scores are taken after all the relevant act bonuses are added.
Hur hur signpost, goal ring, capsule and Wing Fortress Zone.

Using any method to reset the timer to zero in the middle of a level is not allowed.
Well that would be  pretty stupid as 0 is like the worst time you can get.

Unofficial emulators that do no replicate correctly the original gameplay are not allowed. This currently spans DS, Dreamcast and any newer non portable consoles, and more.
Hur hur Mario on Dreamcast.

For ring stats, you may not collect the same ring(s) more than once.
Hur hur rings.

Wii Virtual Console remake
It's not a remake, it's just emulated.

PAL versions
I'll check the timers of my SMAS version to see if SMW is not the only game affected. Also I could check SMB NES but I'm too lazy to connect the thing.
And this point needs a better solution. Banning everyone from Australia and Europe isn't really pleasing.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

Re: ITT the rules
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:45:06 am »
seperate charts for Europe/Australia

better yet, a seperate subsite altogether. TMC PAL.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 08:21:48 am »
Separate charts I guess - I tried SMB in SMAS, got 369 on the first stage with a good yet not perfect run. Since the record is 370 for a perfect one, I guess the timer is not affected here.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Stefan

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:37:19 am »
Many of the problems you listed exist because of "General Rules" on the sonic stage were ported over to subsites. Check megaman, for example.

For PAL, there's a couple things.  There's a sort of paradox no matter what we do.

a.) We allow PAL. We force everyone (or at least everyone who wants good times) to complete on the PAL version of the game.
b.) We disallow PAL. We force everyone (by technicality) to compete on the NTSC version of the game.

No matter what you do, you're making everyone use x version! And splitting in to two games will get you a chart with about 2 players! So you can see the difficulties?

and yeah i think only smw is affected.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 04:15:58 pm »
Gamesharks, similar cheat devices, and ROM save states must not be used, nor any functions on the emulator, such as slowing down the speed of the game. Frankly it doesn't make for much competition.

So that means, I can use an emulator like VirtualNES as long as I can prove I didn't abuse any unfair methods?
If yes, how do I do so?

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 08:28:33 pm »
So that means, I can use an emulator like VirtualNES as long as I can prove I didn't abuse any unfair methods?
If yes, how do I do so?

Yes you can use an emulator to compete as long as you don't use any functions of the emulator (like slow down and save states, recording is fine though). You can't really prove that you didn't use functions of the emulator but if it seems that your stat is nigh impossible with no proof and/or no/bad explanation then expect to be called a cheater.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Stefan

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 07:36:32 pm »
We go based on an honors system, really. So long as your times aren't suspicious, your person isn't suspicious, and you say you aren't using savestates or slowdown, we'll believe you.

In other words: happy submitting!

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 02:20:06 pm »
We go based on an honors system, really. So long as your times aren't suspicious, your person isn't suspicious, and you say you aren't using savestates or slowdown, we'll believe you.

In other words: happy submitting!

My scores aren't good enough to be suspicious anyway^^
I've submitted some scores for Wario Land 4. What about minigame charts for it?

Offline Stefan

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 12:24:28 pm »
We might in the future add them... right now tmc's administration isn't too easy to locate.

Print

Hits: 748 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.