don't click here

ITT I Chronicle my Attempts to Beat what Upth Considers the Hardest Game Ever

Print

Author Topic: ITT I Chronicle my Attempts to Beat what Upth Considers the Hardest Game Ever  (Read 5993 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
So I was describing a particularly difficult level in Contra 4 (Harbor for all interested parties) in chat, when Upth tells me it doesn't sound too hard compared to some homebrew games he's played. So now at this point I'm interested...I do love a hard game, and anything that makes Contra look easy must be absolutely brutal. I ask Upth which of this type of games he considers the hardest. He says instantly I Wanna be the Guy.

I know nothing of this game. I haven't seen the video I'm linking to...if it's a rickroll blame Upth. For amusement's sake I'm going to try playing and beating this game, recording videos of my attempts (via a program that records keystroke input...does anyone know of any good options for this?), which I'll then post here for all to watch.

I would like several of my gaming accomplishments noted (those that are relevant anyways):

-I was formerly able to consistantly clear, with no difficulty, the original Contra (including the second, hard mode playthrough you play once the game is beaten), Super C, and Contra III: The Alien Wars (on its hardest difficulty) without the use of the Konami code.
-...well actually, that's it in terms of merciless games I've beaten. They don't make hard games anymore and aside from these games I have done very little retroplaying.

I won't start playing until Thursday. Until then do speculate as to my prospective attempts.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline eggFL

That games looks really cool, but I think the creator shouldn't have made it quite so hard.

I'd have to suggest that you should do something else with your time. This game is just a bad, cruel joke.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 08:00:52 am by eggFL »

Offline Crowbar

Have you tried Kaizo Mario World?

That's pretty hard too.

But yeah, go for IWBTG. It's amusing.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
This game sounds made for masochists, I'll fit right in.

I'll be using SnatchIt to record my attempts, and upload the videos to YouTube, linking them in this topic. I'll provide a little flavor text as well. Tomorrow it begins.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline eggFL

Speaking of exorbitantly difficult games, does anyone want to try to beat this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0xvy3cZVwE

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
Genus I hope you like bloody suicide.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Print

Hits: 138 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1021.31 KB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.