don't click here

Hello! New member here. =)

Print

Author Topic: Hello! New member here. =)  (Read 6810 times)

Hello! New member here. =)
« on: December 14, 2007, 10:55:15 pm »
Hi everyone. ^^

I'm a pretty decent gamer (not quite as skilled as a lot of you are), but I'm very stubborn and I like working at something (or asking for help) until I get it right. So that said...I might not be posting a whole heck of a lot of stuff ('cuz I doubt I'll have anything "helpful" or "awe-inspiring" to say. We'll see how it goes though), but I will be politely lurking around the forums. =P

I think it's really cool and wonderful how a lot of you have done so well in these games...and I'm grateful that you uploaded videos showcasing your skills! That way, it can help me improve my own score (or in many cases, it'll help me learn what items I'm missing in order to get a winning score).

Speaking of skills...I have a question I'd really like answered. But I don't think that should go in here...so I'll be posting it in the "General Sonic" forum. Hopefully someone will lend their assistance.

EDIT: I made this post in regards to my question. It's about the "Security Hall" level in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

^_^ Take care, everyone!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 11:03:40 pm by aim_krazy »

Offline P.P.A.

Re: Hello! New member here. =)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 07:02:43 am »
Hello and welcome to TSC.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:12:37 pm »
Hey, welcome!  Don't worry about being 'not as good' as everyone else; more or less everyone thinks that especially when they join (there are a few freaks of epic pwn, mostly called mike, but don't worry about them :))
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 06:15:26 pm »
(there are a few freaks of epic pwn, mostly called mike, but don't worry about them :))

HAR. CONCLUSIVE PROOF.

Mikes > Dans kthx

also hi!

<3 Thorn.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 10:18:09 am »
^^ Hi again, and thank you all for the warm welcomes.

So, just curious: since this forum isn't supposed to be like other Sonic forums, what else usually goes on around here? Do you guys just mostly hold competitions for fun?

Speaking of...I have a few really cool/crazy ideas for a competition, such as:

"Best Ways to Die" Competition - display your coolest and funniest deaths.

"Find the Most Glitches!" Competition - showcase those horrible camera angles and Chao that are "sleeping THROUGH (not next to)" each other!!

"Underachievers" Competition - for the average gamers (like me. xD) Show video footage of you getting a relatively low score, AND winning the level...by just barely staying alive.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:44:28 am by aim_krazy »

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 10:31:44 am »
Hello, and welcome to TSC! I hope you enjoy competing here. Have fun, and good luck!

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 11:13:18 am »
   Welcome to the Soniccenter.
I think we might get a few laughs from the "Best Ways to Die" Competition.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 11:15:25 am »
I've never tried for subjective "coolest death" play, but I'm sure there would be some tricks in my repertoire that would do well there, and of course there's already a good share of glitches, tricks, and low scores out there.

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 06:49:19 pm »
Yo, welcome to TSC! Have a nice time competing!

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 07:59:59 pm »
Howdy Messenger! (sounds cooler than "aim", unless I'm totally misreading you....)  Don't worry about not having much to contribute, just keep playing and getting better and who knows how well you can do.  My first (and so far only) decent record I hit by total accident, so you never know what you can do until you do it.

As for the "Best Ways to Die" competition, I'm thinking of a certain death in Green Hill 1 that generally nobody gets unless they're time attacking.  You know, jump the loop right after the checkpoint and barrel down the pipe.  You'll hit a speed so fast that the camera can't keep up, you'll go down a small hill and accidentally hit the bottom of the screen.  Ta da, you just died purely by going too fast.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Print

Hits: 637 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.10 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.