don't click here

someone needs to fix the tails score rankings on SADX

Print

Author Topic: someone needs to fix the tails score rankings on SADX  (Read 7156 times)

Offline X-5

someone needs to fix the tails score rankings on SADX
« on: November 17, 2007, 11:21:33 am »
ithey are really weird, and I think it has something to do with sky chase. back when I played alot it was possible to submit scores for tails on sky chase 1 & 2, but now they are not on the rankings and it is impossible to submit a score to them, BUT if you click on sonic's sky chase rankings you can get to the tails rankings, so they are still there and they are causing unfair advantages to the rankings.

for example S3k is ranked 32nd for total tails points, when he could easily be higher, and yoshifan is 16th when he would probably be near first, and the reason they are ranked so low is cause they CANNOT submit a Sky chase 1/2 tails score, but the people that played before you "removed" (??) them could, so they have a unfair advantage and you should either make sure its finally removed completely, or bring it back, I  dunno what the intentions were but I assume it was supposed to be removed, which seems logical since its the same thing as sonic's, but its still technically there for some reason so you gotta finish the job!

http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_adventure_dx/scores/sky_chase_1/tails

see?

whats even weirder is,  I (do) have submissions for both of tails sky chase and my total score should be 91,550, but its only 56,700 on the rankings (as it SHOULD be without the tail's skychase rankings) but F-Man, marth and alot of other people have total scores that include both of tail's sky chase.. so theres a big wtf factor going on that some people keep scores some like me lose it.. I really don't care at all either way about mine, but its unfair for the new people that can't submit AT ALL

Offline SuperSonic94

• More Faster Than Sonic =O
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
  • Part of the favorite team =D!
    • View Profile
Re: someone needs to fix the tails score rankings on SADX
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:21:14 pm »
Yes, and my old score on Tails total (now Im banned, so the record isnt here) is green!, and some of my Tails records are in red, yes, someone need to fix this!
Good bye for now Sonic =(

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:02:33 pm »
Yeah, there used to be charts for Tails' Sky Chase, but they were removed because Sonic's Sky Chase levels appear to be identical to Tails'. (Technically the charts have been "hidden" instead of removed, but that isn't causing the problem here.)

Now, any scores you have submitted for Tails' Sky Chase won't count toward your total score, just as intended.  The problem is that a player's total score is only updated when that player submits a score for that division.  Thus, anyone who hasn't submitted a Tails score since the charts were removed will still have an incorrect total score.  This is one thing that this topic's suggestion can fix.

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 03:21:25 pm »
Isnt something similar to this happening in Sonic R?
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 05:02:16 pm »
Apparently, there's no way to force recalculation of totals right now. The only solution right now would be for all players to resubmit a stat in that category.

Offline X-5

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 01:03:31 am »
oh so its not even possible, I thought it would be a simple coding edit or something, I thought it would be something really simple. it would be nice if you guys find a way to fix stuff like this without a individual players cooperation, if you get the chance.

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 07:23:11 pm »
Hey, guess what? I fixed it. :)

I manually added the total stats and forced an update. I'm going to eventually write a script to automate recalculating divisions, so we can easily fix stuff like SA1/SA2 races and SA1 Gamma Total Time. Those are the next divisions I'm going to fix, probably tomorrow.

Offline X-5

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 05:28:09 pm »
nice one!

always good to fix the accuracy of rankings, especially when the dang CHAMPION who is already hard enough to beat is one of the people getting that unfair tails advantage.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 04:07:10 pm »
It's good to see the messed up totals finally being fixed :)

Unless I'm mistaken, the only one remaining to fix is the Sonic R time total.
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 09:37:26 pm »
So does this mean I can submit my Tails score to Sonic's chart?
</bump 2 year old topic>

Print

Hits: 891 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.