don't click here

Guiness World Records: Gaming Edition (about TSC getting in)

Print

Author Topic: Guiness World Records: Gaming Edition (about TSC getting in)  (Read 8034 times)

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
Guiness World Records: Gaming Edition (about TSC getting in)
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:02:39 pm »
So these guys took it upon themselves to release a Gaming only edition of this record book that's due in February of 2008.  I just found out about it from watching Attack of the Show (yeah yeah G4 sucks...whatever) as they were building the worlds tallest working arcade cabinet.

Anyway, I go to visit the site and the book isn't too bad.  Just from the preview it seems to be covering a wide range of categories throughout the years.  Well besides me applying to win a free PS3 (if its free I'll get it dammit), there was an application page.

http://gamers.guinnessworldrecords.com/get_involved.aspx

Basically its like the regular book in which records are the be done live in front of judges.  There are also other categories to be applied for and I was thinking maybe we could get in it for something....I just dont know what.

Maybe this might end up in the "cool TSC ideas that start but never finish" bin, but its something to consider.  I mean, for us to be around for 4 years, it would be nice to leave a mark on the world if this site was to ever go under and let people know we once existed.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 10:12:12 pm by Shadow Jacky »
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
Re: Guiness World Records: Gaming Edition (about TSC getting in)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:40:06 pm »
Hasn't this already been done?

Offline X-5

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:45:37 pm »
no clue... but tsc aint gunna get in. a world class player is someone who does really well in real time, as in they could go in public and pull off their feat in front of everyone easily, i would say the majority of people here suck and are unable to do that cause they have to play a level many times to get a great time(I do anyway) they don't wanna see someone re-try something a thousand times, they wanna see real skill... us(possibly ALL of us) at tsc suck compared to the real world class players cause we have a benefit I like to  call  "no pressure and no time limit" to achieve our achievements.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile

<3 Thorn.

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 10:52:20 pm »
I do agree a bit with Paragod, but I think we still need recognition! I mean, we are part of the greatest site in the world, it should be on T.V. just like other non-important sites like weather.com or omgwehavetehcureforAIDS.org. Besides, whether or not we take thousands of tries to get a 20 second record just right, we have great video game players here (we are good at games other than Sonic, right :/?)...

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 04:30:24 am »
What games other than Sonic are there?
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 07:19:14 am »
Does it really have to be in one try? Sonic stages are short. Don't see why the judge would not stick around for a couple of gos at it and just leave after a minute in when you get hit.

Finally, we're willing to consider any claims for specific in-game achievements such as fastest time to play Donkey Kong without using the hammer, fastest time to finish [game] blindfolded, etc

Hey that reminds me about that Green Hill SA2 blindfolded challenge you guys did.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »
This is somewhat off-subject, but, if any of you read Gameinformer, I completely bet that that one Guitar Hero person would get in( He is the best Guitar Hero player in the world!).
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 03:17:55 pm »
From the application page:

Non-gaming (but gaming-related) feats such as most people dressed as a videogame character

Do we really want to trrust these guys?

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 03:31:59 pm »
*all active TSC members arrive at Guiness central*
<Ginuess staff> Oh... Uhm... Actually, we were expecting you to be dressed like Sonic characters...
<TSC> WTF? We're here to play GAMES. We're not furries okay?! Well except for PPA.
<PPA> I'm not a furry!
<Guiness staff> Uh.. Sonic time attacking... well, how to put it... REJECTED!
* Guiness staff closes the doors
<TSC> :(
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 05:44:46 pm »
Heh. Instant win.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Print

Hits: 644 | Hits This Month: 8 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.10 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.