don't click here

We just got our 1st gameboy advance =P

Print

Author Topic: We just got our 1st gameboy advance =P  (Read 38090 times)

Offline MrNomad

We just got our 1st gameboy advance =P
« on: November 09, 2007, 05:13:56 pm »
Lol so yah, my sis's friend is letting her borrow his gamecube, so she went out and bought SA2:B because she wanted to make and play her chao again. And now she went out and bought a GBA (the original one so it's easy on the hands) so she could do the chao gardens, give chao names, etc. She's already got a copy of Sonic Advance 2 coming so she can take her chao anywhere, and so I can have some real fun with the GBA ;3 What other games should we get if we do? I was thinking sonic advance 3 and castlevania COTM for starters, what do u think?

Offline eggFL

Re: We just got our 1st gameboy advance =P
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 06:55:33 pm »
Yay, chao raising. Because that's good...

Yes COTM is sweet... so is Metroid Fusion. Maybe COTM is better though.

I also like Mr. Driller 2 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team. Yugioh 2006 or The Sacred Cards if you are up for Yugioh. And the Megaman Zero series is worth looking into.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 07:03:37 pm »
Metroid Zero Mission is, I think, as good as Metroid Fusion (or better), but for completely different reasons (to be specific, ZM is more like traditional Metroids with sequence breaking potential, Fusion has a strong plot to tie it together, though some don't like the linearity this mandates).

I've only ever got MMZ1...what are the others like?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:13:26 pm by Seaking »

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 04:34:20 am »
GBA games you NEED:

- Riviera: The Promised Land
- Pokémon Emerald
- Zelda: The Minish Cap
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
- Sonic Advance 3
- Yggdra Union
- Sonic Battle
AND MANY MORE BUT THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT SPRING INTO MY MIND RIGHT NOW

Also sell that GBA and get a GBA SP with backlight. >:O
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 07:09:07 am »
I only played the first Megaman Zero too. But it has the worst graphics and is said to be the hardest... maybe Zero 2 is a better place to start. And it has cool music.

Also sell that GBA and get a GB Micro >:O

fixed

oh wait, Micro doesn't have Gamecube support. ahhhh too bad

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 07:29:46 am »
My suggestions:

- Sonic Advance (very funny to compete in)
- Sonic Advance 3 (I haven't played it yet, but it looks pretty good)
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
- Golden Sun
- Golden Sun 2
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (if you didn't play the original)
- Advance Wars
- Final Fantasy Tactics
- V-Rally 3
- Metroid Fusion
- Mario Kart Super Circuit
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
- Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 08:03:51 am »
Fuck how did I forget to suggest M&L:SS.

Fuck fuck fuck now I have to kill myself.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 08:17:45 am »
Relax. That game sucks anyway.

All you do is press the button at the right time during battles and press L/R a million times during not battles.

Anyway, almost forget F-Zero... both F-Zero games (Maximum Velocity and GP Legend) are pretty sweet.

If we're gonna name remakes, then I second Zelda Link to the Past.

Nobody else played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? Cause I like it so far.

Offline X-5

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 01:26:11 pm »
lmao must suck to be you to not like M&L Saga, cause that is a awesome button-timing RPG game, plus you can take it anywhere..and its just overall got that coolness to it that no games have anymore. you probably just stick to boring FF type games where the character attacks without any required skill, which is boring as hell cause its so much less ineraction with you in the game, go figure how anyone could like that. whatever tho, you got your opinion but the fact is your opinion sucks, just like you probably suck at timing. hehehe

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 01:29:38 pm »
IM GOING TO BLAST THE SHIT OUT OF YOU ALL IF YOU START ANOTHER DEBATE

Offline eggFL

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 03:49:04 pm »
you probably just stick to boring FF type games where the character attacks without any required skill

I remember when RPG's were supposed to be about decision making. aka strategy. Most FF games have time flow in the battles so you have to go through the menus quickly and stuff. That's more than enough intensity for an RPG. Timed button presses just shores up for shallow gameplay. Unless you're saying that most (if not all) RPG's are shallow to begin with. And maybe you'd be right. I am not really an RPG fan. But still M&L goes overboard with the gimmick imo.

which is boring as hell cause its so much less ineraction with you in the game, go figure how anyone could like that.

Are you saying Pokemon is boring as hell too?

Strategy is fun sometimes. If a game can manage it.

If I wanted twitch gameplay combined with strategy I would play a shooter. Or Command & Conquer. Those are much more involving than pressing a single button at the right time in between choosing "fight" from a menu. Even Paper Mario is better.

whatever tho, you got your opinion but the fact is your opinion sucks, just like you probably suck at timing. hehehe

I have sucked at better games FYI 8|
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 04:01:59 pm by eggFL »

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 03:50:57 pm »
BEST GBA RPG IS THE REMAKE OF THE WONDERSWAN GAME RIVIERA: THE PROMISED LAND

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 02:32:15 am »
Thx ill take those games into consideration. Btw, I'm NOT getting an SP or any version smaller than the original, no matter what light it has, they hurt my hands > < (thats right ladies, big hands)

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 01:16:20 am »
Update: We got a SP XD. Actaully, its not so bad on my hands afterall, and it's compact size and better screen/brightness is so refreshing compared to the regular one :3 Now I can take Sonic Advance 2 with me in my pocket! =D

Offline eggFL

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 03:44:11 am »
Heh, I wonder, when you ever get your hands around a Micro if you will like it even more.

Oh, people and their "oh I want the bigger one, my hands they are godzilla" attitudes. I too fell victim to this false illusion. When will we ever learn.

Looking back at the history of Game Boy, incidentally having played every one somehow, I see the fact that each new unit is hands-down superior to the last.

Micro > SP2 > SP > GBA > GBC > GB Pocket > fatboy

I wonder if the same applies for PSP.

Although I don't have big hands I wonder if it's a moot point since even the GBA can be uncomfortable.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 05:02:48 am »
Go GBA SP!

Also maybe I should get a micro too...

Offline eggFL

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 05:42:36 am »
You should just save up for a PSP instead.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 08:56:52 am »
*PSP Slim

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 12:10:01 pm »
I'd rather go DS instead of PSP :3 Also, I think our SP is the later version my sis said, because the lighting on the screen is bright and clear without even pushing the light button. I remember a friend's SP and the screen on it without using the light button was just as dark as the original if I remember.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 12:23:28 pm »
(Pshh I already have a DS (the old, fat one).)

Offline eggFL

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 01:32:04 pm »
I'd rather go DS instead of PSP :3 Also, I think our SP is the later version my sis said, because the lighting on the screen is bright and clear without even pushing the light button. I remember a friend's SP and the screen on it without using the light button was just as dark as the original if I remember.

That sounds right. Another way to tell is if there is literally a small light placed at the top edge of the screen or not. If it's not, it's backlit, meaning it's the later version SP.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 01:45:14 pm »
Yeah well I have a DS and a DS Lite

So there

Or something
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 03:16:31 pm »
As long as nobody gets a Micro.

IDK, the Micro was a lot more smaller, but what could it do: play GBA games on a smaller SP. That's all it did. It had customizable skins (not that many) to please people, but it couldn't do anything else. It couldn't play regular or GBC games, it's not connectible with other hardware, you can't use 2 player; basically, it sucked. I'd rather get an SP, or a DS since it basically had a Micro built in there.
I didn't like the Micro because it really couldn't do anything else with connectivity and features whereas the SP had everything the original advance had but with a light up screen.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »
The Micro screen is tons better than the SP screen.

And it supports multiplayer, just that it requires its own cable. There is also an adapter that allows you to play with non-Micro GBA's. (though as if anyone really plays GBA games 2-player)

Granted, micro has no Gamecube connectivity (without modding) and can't play GB/C games.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 05:56:31 pm »
lmao must suck to be you to not like M&L Saga, cause that is a awesome button-timing RPG game, plus you can take it anywhere..and its just overall got that coolness to it that no games have anymore. you probably just stick to boring FF type games where the character attacks without any required skill, which is boring as hell cause its so much less ineraction with you in the game, go figure how anyone could like that. whatever tho, you got your opinion but the fact is your opinion sucks, just like you probably suck at timing. hehehe
I agree. M&LSS is a great game(I'm already at the final battle with Fawful). I'd suggest you get Drill Dozers. It's a fun, puzzle/platformer game that makes you mash L and R a lot. BTW, I have Mystery Dungeon for the DS, and I have a Blaziken, Blastoise, and Nidoking(these guys rock).
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 05:59:50 pm »
Good idea. Even though PSP can play movies, it doesn't have good games(the only PSP game I want to pay is Sonic Rivals).
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 07:11:53 pm »
PSP obviously has good games. And Sonic Rivals isn't one of them.

god damnit

but anyway... when you post when quoting someone you should copy and paste in creative ways so as to avoid having to post twice in a row.

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 08:25:45 pm »
If you get a PSP, get custom firmware. Then you can use emulators, misc. applications, and all that jazz in addition to what it can normally do. It's the main reason I bought a PSP in the first place.

The fat PSP is more suited for custom firmware due to 1.5 kernal access, as well as the IR port on the top, and it costs less than the slim anyway. The slim does get TV output, though, a fairly useful feature, and faster loading times in some of the newer UMD games due to having twice the system RAM.

The only real size and weight difference between the fat and slim is they took a metal frame out of the fat design for the slim, and you could do easily remove this frame from your fat psp to meet these specs, anyway, if you actually care.

I don't feel like elaborating today, so just go here if you want learn more about custom firmware and what it can bring you:
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

I will say I am anxiously awaiting the American release of FFVII: Crisis Core, among other official UMD games, as well. The PSP's game selection has improved significantly since its earlier days, which had (in general) been quite terrible.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:00:06 pm by Auriman1 »
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 05:39:59 am »
All good games on the PSP are ports or remakes. PROVE ME WRONG

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 05:52:35 am »
Loco Roco?

Print

Hits: 243 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.23 MB | Time: 0.17s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.