don't click here

Need a good paint program

Print

Author Topic: Need a good paint program  (Read 5350 times)

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
Need a good paint program
« on: October 16, 2007, 05:18:33 am »
I'm not sure how it happened, but MS paint no longer exists on my computer (as well as Minesweeper :( ), so I've been looking for a nice simple, yet effective paint program to download. I've already tried Gimp, paint.Net, and paint ultimate, and while they certainly have an array of features, I really just need something simple (as in I am dumb and don't want to deal with these complex programs)

My problem with these programs is that I'm finding that they make simple tasks (such as filling in a portion of a picture with a certain color, or even highlighting and dragging a part of a picture) incredibly annoying to perform. MS Paint was nice because when I wanted to fill in a black bordered square with the color blue, I could do that, or if I wanted to drag a portion of the picture to somewhere else, no problem.

So does anyone know of any simple paint programs that I could use...

or better yet, does someone know if I can re-obtain MS paint from somewhere?

EDIT: OOOOOOR, if someone wants to draw a really cool looking spaceship from a top down perspective (64 x 64) bitmap, that would be REALLY neato :D

Offline SadisticMystic

Re: Need a good paint program
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 05:22:44 am »
KolourPaint...oh wait...

Offline eggFL

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 07:01:58 am »
Are you kidding me? You don't have MSpaint and you want it back??

This is my legacy.

http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php?topic=2201.0

What solved my problem was to go to C:/ WINNT / System32

There you will find the application MSPAINT

Make a shortcut for it.

But if it's not there then I can't help you. Sorry, I tried.

So what's with the 64x64 spaceship? You making a 2D shooter or something? Anyway I might get back to you on the spaceship. But maybe not. Spriting is annoying.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 03:25:58 pm »
lolspriet

Any specific type design you'd like? Star Fox Arwing-ish? Starcraft Battle Cruiser-ish? Give me an idea of what you're looking for and I'll put a nice sprite together for you. :o

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 08:32:04 pm »
Basically I'm working on my first game in C++, which is due this thursday

I'm making a 2 player space shooter. It's set up very much like pong (you only move up and down in a fixed X coordinate) only instead of trying to hit a ball you're trying to shoot the other player

so I don't really have anything special in mind. I already made 3 32 x 32 sprites (different concepts), but it looks too small on the playing field, so I wanted to change it to 64 x 64. Problem is, they look really shitty when I just resize them, and now I don't have any paint program to work with them

I don't need a masterpiece here, since all I really need is a nice clean 64 x 64 sprite, though if you want to go ahead and make one of them more detailed or just make a ship that looks a billion times cooler than mine then by all means please do so

I've attached the three sprite models below.

Note: I'm not a really big fan of ship1a, ship2a looks kinda cool for feeling of oldskoolness I guess, but it's too dark and hard to see against a pure black background, so it's the third ship I've been using really (the one that looks like some sort of airspeeder or something). Also note that player 2's ship will be the same as player 1's, just coated with red instead of blue

Any help would be appreciated. like I said though, all I really need is a clean 64 x64 bitmap of a space ship, whether it's one of mine or somehting you created I don't really care, I just need something that looks like a spaceship

either that, or someone get me MS PAINT!

Offline eggFL

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 09:58:53 pm »
I take it my advice didn't work?

Anyway here is my idea for a spaceship.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 06:37:30 pm »
Here's mspaint. Keep it secret, keep it safe
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 03:48:15 am »
Here's mspaint. Keep it secret, keep it safe

THANK YOU!

Print

Hits: 226 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.