don't click here

The Same Brawl Topic Again! But not nuked by switching to a server backup.

Print

Author Topic: The Same Brawl Topic Again! But not nuked by switching to a server backup.  (Read 162305 times)

Offline Crowbar

Re: The Same Brawl Topic Again! But not nuked by switching to a server backup.
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2007, 09:27:31 am »
Renku

You mean LINK??

Stop being a fucking weeaboo. D:

On a more serious note, this video shows Sonic using an air attack (specifically, the downward kick) after bouncing off a spring...so does this mean he doesn't pratfall after using it, or does this apply to all characters' Up specials?

Also I wish Sonic had won because I want to know what his fanfare is. If it's Live and Learn as the first video suggested I'll be mildly upset.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:35:24 am by Crowbar »

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2007, 01:27:09 pm »
Also I wish Sonic had won because I want to know what his fanfare is. If it's Live and Learn as the first video suggested I'll be mildly upset.

I think it might be the Act Cleared fanfare from one of the Genesis games.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2007, 02:50:44 pm »
Nah. Green Hill FTW! No but seriously, on that note, think ther'll be a GHZ stage for Sonic (and his buddies that are OBVIOUSLY getting in - i.e, Knuckles, maybe Tails and Shadow)?

Also, I should state upfront I'm getting Brawl for $30. Nuff said. :D
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2007, 03:47:36 pm »
His 'buddies' aren't getting in. Sakurai isn't double dipping for third party characters. Even if he were, why would he include Shadow of all shitheads? Seriously.

Anyways, I fear the 'Ultimate Chimera', and seem to recall seeing it chase someone in an adventure picture. I'll find the link in a minute. 'New Pork City' might be a terrible pun, but as a stage it does look interesting.

Edit: not quite the Ultimate Chimera, but it looks similar. Go here to see what I mean.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 03:58:32 pm by genus »

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Stefan

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2007, 05:33:05 pm »
3 3rd party characters at max are in, says Sakurai. Sonic and Snake are in says Sakurai.

Why would Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow go in when there's 1 spot left for someone deserving from an UNREPRESENTED SERIES? Bomberman? Megaman? Geno? Even Pac-Man? Why would it be another sonic character?

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2007, 08:02:56 am »
Shit, Pac-man isn't actually that unlikely, given that Mario Kart Arcade GP has him, among other Namco characters.

I wouldn't mind if Tails got in, personally, but yeah, he won't. That alone would give too much weight to the Sonic franchise in a game that's primarily about Nintendo, never mind the fact that if you have Tails you've kind of got to have Knuckles, too.

Maybe if more 3rd party characters are in the sequel it could happen, but that's so theoretical it's barely worth saying out loud.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2007, 02:50:37 pm »
Coop homerun contest is going to be insane. Yoshi/Yoshi, Fox/Fox, or Fox/Yoshi teams all want to ravage hrc. I wonder how the records will be saved, though. At even the present playable characters, we're talking about 441 combinations. Which is intense. Think they'll just do an ingame leaderboard of best hrc's for teams, leaving the character scores to single player attempts only?

And on that note, you have to wonder what's happening to the Smash franchise after Brawl. Sakurai's going all out on this game, and you know he's not coming back for another. Think Nintendo will let the series end on (what looks to be) a high note, or attempt to transcend their previous accomplishments with a new and trusted dev team? I've given this a good thought myself, but am interested in what everyone else believes.

Personally I'm going to say that there will be more installations in the Smash franchise, if only because Nintendo is a corporation and their prime objective is to make money. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I see them releasing a touched up DS port of the original Smash, and maybe a compilation of all previous characters/stages/items in the series, with the game engine of Brawl (the most refined). I'd imagine that this gets done for the next console Nintendo releases, and will probably be a launch title to garnish interest, because a touched up Smash is a system seller. The average console has a lifespan of 5 years, and the Wii is 1 year old, so hey.

They could also go in the 'argh' direction of milking the same game for more cash by offering microtransactions over Wii Shop/Wiiconnect24. I'm willing to bet people would cough up (x) wii points for a new character. Eventually they'd have to release a new Smash game, at which point they'd make sure it could also receive an expansion through some method or another. Not that they'd half-ass it, but I don't think it will be quite the same without Sakurai. Nintendo reps told Sakurai that if he didn't lead Brawl development, they'd just make a Melee rehash with online play, which does send up some red flags.

But maybe that's just me.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:57:57 pm by genus »

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2007, 08:48:24 pm »
Yeah i will play all of you but before i do that...

1. im getting Falco unlocked.

2. Im getting used to the controls.

Offline Mo

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2007, 11:47:03 pm »
I'm going to try to get Wii iternet before Brawl comes out.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2007, 09:25:45 pm »
Looks like this topic is doomed to destruction now.

Oh well. It had a good run.

<3 Thorn.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2007, 02:10:53 pm »
I've reserved a copy of SSBB. I noticed that on the site for brawl it says the release was delayed to February, not january. Also, I'll own you with jigglypuff!
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 pm »
I'll own you with jigglypuff!

I'd own ur jigglypuff with my trainer of pogeymanz

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2007, 05:53:15 am »
Hey, Jigglypuff is mine to fight as! >:(
Especially with the green headband~
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Stefan

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2007, 08:13:33 am »
Hey, Jigglypuff is mine to fight as! >:(
Especially with the green headband~

Hey what? I use ninja jiggly. :(

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2007, 06:28:59 pm »
New information has come to light that is making me change my tier list! Among other things, wavedashing and L-Cancelling are confirmed out of Brawl.

Meta Knight-Meta's the same as before, he still owns.

Sonic-He wasn't the most popular character at the expo but he apparently has some vicious tilts at his disposal, along with very quick smashes with good knockback.

Upper

Zero Suit Samus-The whip has amazing range, nobody really played as her because in such short matches smash orbs are hard to come by.

Pit-His air game is supposed to be top notch, and with insane recovery I'm counting him a winner.

Diddy Kong-We were all wrong about Diddy, apparently he's able to pull off a good hit-and-run game, and Brawl seems to be all about that. Reports put di at even crazier levels than Melee, basically meaning that there won't be reliable combos. As such he appears to have gone from mediocrity to prominence.

Middle

It might seem strange that I have a 3 person upper, but I don't see much of a gap between playable characters. As a game Brawl looks balanced, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Peach-Weaker downsmash, worse grab, nerfed dash, float cancelling gone, weaker turnips, and a better bair make Peach half the rapist she used to be. She's still going to rock but she lost part of what made her so devastating.

Mario-While everyone around him seems to have gotten worse, Mario has gotten better! Fludd apparently isn't nearly so good as I anticipated but Mario's the only one who hasn't seen a fundamental beatdown of their primary tactics and as such I have him placed this high.

Fox-Fox has taken a huge hit this game. Fox can't wavedash, and therefore pull off waveshines, his laser has a worse range, he can't foxtrot, his aerials were nerfed, and now everyone else is floating. Good bye close combat havoc.

Pikachu-So Pikachu's not any better, but he's not any worse and therefore has a leg up over others. Sounds great.

Wario-Still a boring fat man with the potential for stalling out then letting loose for devastating effects who gets overshadowed by other dudes.

Lower

Samus-Samus lost the ability to bombjump, missile cancel, and so I'm questioning her competitive use. Her charge shot was nerfed bigtime as well, so she doesn't even play that good of a distance game which is a shame because Prime 3 rocked.

Kirby-We don't know much about Kirby, not that there is much different from Melee, but we do know that di is bigger in Brawl than Melee, so a floaty multijump character with nothing else going for it deserves an honorary position in the lower ranks.

Donkey Kong-He's sort of fast for a heavy character, but he's still not one of the better fighters in the game. And therefore I put him right here. Clever.

Ike-Ike is worse than everyone thought, as his attacks are too sluggish to be practical and his aerials leave much to desire. Basically he's a slow Roy, who wasn't exactly Mr. Amazing to begin with.

Ice Climbers-They can't wavedash anymore, so are slow as bananas and have no range. No chain throws either. I can't see anyone playing these guys in a serious match.

Bottom

Yoshi-He can't doublejump cancel anymore, so Yoshi sucks even more now. It's a shame because Yoshi is awesome as a character.

Link-I had to move Link a few spots down because he can no longer spike with his recovery move. Link used to be great for edgeguarding, if he could somehow knock an opponent off the stage, but not so much anymore unless you want to grant your opponent another jump with the flinch from bombs.

Snake-Snake is a gimmick! Discuss.

Bowser-People were raving about Bowser being better in Brawl, but he's still Bowser. His side B got improved so it's now a devastating move with excellent range and power...but he's still Bowser. He's a huge target with no recovery. Next.

Zelda-Zelda is still not blond.

Pokemon Trainer-As though you need another explanation.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Stefan

« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2007, 07:37:20 pm »
Tier List V.2

Alright, so since I've posted the first tier list, Sakurai has released a playable Brawl demo. This demo effectively allowed us to know the details of every move, movement in general, final smashes, and visual stuff for the following characters: Ike, Fox, Mario, Yoshi, Peach, Diddy, Pikachu, Metaknight, Pit, Samus/Zamus, Sonic, Link, Donkey Kong, and Bowser. As such, we now know far better the actual moves, characteristics, and playability for these characters. We also know certain tactics (such as wavedash, lcancel, conventional airdodge) are gone but new ones (like edgehugging, ridiculous di, and general floatyness). Opinions on characters have been -drastically- changed, in only a couple weeks. This proves how unpredictable this game will be. Anyway, on with the revamped tier list. Each char will display a +/- based on how much they raised/dropped.

+2 Zero Suit Samus - I thought her whip would be good. I didn't think it would be great. The range on that thing is incredible. She has projectiles as well! The only real problem with Zamus is the fact that it's impossible to become her. :( She probably won't see the light of tournament play because she'll need the smash ball. But that whip+her general speed and closecombatness is insane.

+/-0 Metaknight - His comboing ability was well proven. His tornado special+side special are great special attacks, and his up-b provides intense recovery. His sword attacks are great, and his fsmash is a very good killmove. Marth w/ recovery it seems.

High

+5 Pit - Amazing recovery from his up b+ very good sword moves+multiple jumps for aerial combat=very good character.

-3 Fox - He lost wavedash as a reliable mode of transportation, you can no longer foxtrot, he's not as much of a fastfaller so his quick combo gamestyle is lessened, it's much more difficult to shine cancel. Basic fox play is ruined, but I think his great moves will likely still do well in the new play. His laser sucks too, btw. EDIT: Gimpyfish also says MAJOR SUCKS IS FOX. so yeah.

-1 Peach - Her downsmash has less range, her float cancelling doesn't work. Her dash attack is different.. You can't really tell if it's good or bad. Turnips are roughly the same, while upsmash and bair or more powerful. Peach would probably remain in the same spot had Pit not gotten better. EDIT: Float cancelling's in. commence higher peach playability.

Middle

+1 Sonic - He's fast. He's di-tastic. His moveset, however, seems to be -very- heavily based ont he spindash.  His tilts are purported to be really good, but all the spindash attack are reported as gimmicky and not really that useful. I think you'll be able to see a charged spindash from a mile away. However, many of sonic's non spindash a moves look alright. He's worse in my opinion, but not enough to really get lowered. He's only higher on the tier list beacause Samus and Ike dropped.

+9 Diddy - The biggest riser in my tier list.. Diddy's popgun is a decent projectile, his up-b recovers and kills well, his quick hit-and-run attacks are well suited for brawl, and his tail is a fun little attack device. Yay diddy.

+1 Mario - Fludd sucks. Mario's still general wellbalanced decent character besides that. EDIT: Gimpyfish has a LOT of good to say about mario. I kind of want to put him high tier.

-3 Samus - Despite what genus claims, swd really is not that essential to Samus gameplay. Samus does take a huge hit because of the loss of wavedash (samus had a great wd and especially wavesmash), loss of missile canceling (so projectiles are less smooth), and loss of bomb jump (so recovery is much, much shorter, though still good). Some atacks are more powerful, though.

+/-0  Link - His moves seem to be a tad less laggy and more powerful, and there are slight aesthetic changes to stuff like his boomerang. I think this is a pretty accurate position for him.

+3 Pikachu - I decided that he was unfairly rated too low based on his moveset. It's pikachu. It's decent.

+/-0 Snake - No new news in the world of snake. Or most of bottom tier, for that matter. Maybe I'm biased against players I haven't seen.

Low

+/-0 Donkey Kong - again, no real change among the guy. Or he wasn't well played.

-9 Ike - Can you say FLUNK? Biggest dropper by -far-. He is slow. really really slow. He's effectively as slow as bowser, only he has a sword and vertical recovery. I'm ranking him high based on the idea that his disjointed hitbox provides a decent hitbox, but it's optimistic thinking since he's so slow. Not really marth at all.

-4  Ice Climbers - No wavedash=no real ground movement. Increased aerial play=ics have to jump. ugh. :( but their ground play, especially smashes and grabs, is so great it seems they'll still stay over bottom tier.

+4 Lucas - I just decided I was being too harsh on Lucas, who probably has a fairly different moveset than Ness anyway.

Bottom

+2 Bowser - The no flinch rule actually seems to be better than I thought it was. His new side b seems really decent as well. Since his up-b is still all the ownage it used to be, I see decent playability.

-1 Pokemon Trainer - No change in info

-1 Zelda - see above

-5 Yoshi - He can't djc, his eggtoss airtime is very little, and his attacks show no real positive change. The up-b hype was unbased.

+/-0 Kirby - lalala no change.

+/-0 Wario - My justification for bottom of bottoming such an awesome character stands.

I sure hope we get some info on Snake, Kirby, Wario, and all the seemingly bottom tier gang soon so I won't be so biased against them.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:01:07 pm by Stefan »

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2007, 05:55:20 am »
I don't care about tiers, I play as the ones I like best/I'm best with. FUN, PEOPLE! FUN!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 10:11:59 am by P.P.A. »

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2007, 05:59:29 am »
PPA, let them have their fun.
Hi

Offline Rayku

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2007, 08:13:59 pm »
Where'd you get that tier list? I mean, I understand your reasoning, but there should be NO tier list at all until the game comes out and all the unlockable chars. have been taken into consideration. For all we know, Captain Falcon is going to destroy everything this game has ever known.

I'm glad this thread got really big. I'm currently about half and half on the subject. If any of you want to find updates, there's a thread from a guy called Gimpyfish on smashboards. He's the best Bowser in the nation, and he's been playing the game daily, giving updates and such. It's a really good topic if you want to know some stuff about Brawl so far.

Once again, tier lists? This early? We don't even know who can come close to PARTICIPATING in the tier list! Sorry, it just makes me mad. Tier lists are for n00bs anyway.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329

That's the thread. Enjoy

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2007, 08:18:18 pm »
Rayku, let them have their fun.
Hi

Offline Rayku

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2007, 08:19:59 pm »
Rayku, let them have their fun.

But I don't wanna.

BTW, Peach got UPGRADED if anything. SRSLY

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2007, 02:15:14 am »
I'm just happy they didn't totally nerf sonic, and he's still the fastest thing alive!

also: if you're fast enough, spindash is hella fast, according to reports of S-runners that attended EfA.  Further, most of the serious players are really looking forward to the release..

I personally want a balanced game: I want to be able to play who I like, not who's good (for the record, I hate Marth, Fox, and Shiek from their respective games, and Melee made me want to shoot whoever created those sorry bastards.  I was a fan of Koopa and Purin, they got nerfed bad (bowser bottom tier, and Purin no longer able to combo due to DI, no hitstun/shieldstun and various other things), and I eventually stuck with Falco for his uber-drill and his pillaring...

that's why I like GGX2... tons of character, but still has GREAT balance (most balanced game since the original SSB)

Be well, everyone, that's my two cents for the moment: until the next update or new vids or something
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Stefan

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2007, 09:43:17 am »
Where'd you get that tier list?

From my own head and the reports of other people.

I mean, I understand your reasoning, but there should be NO tier list at all until the game comes out and all the unlockable chars. have been taken into consideration. For all we know, Captain Falcon is going to destroy everything this game has ever known.

If you believe it's alright to say I'm not allowed to speculate, you're the last person on earth to say "Falcon may destroy everything". Though I understand you're not serious, you can't criticize -me- for having fun and speculating how playable characters are, and turn around and provide a hypothetical example. The argument "you can't speculate becasue you don't know" is entirely invalid because that's the POINT of speculation. People speculate who will be in Brawl. Why is that ok, but speculating the playability of characters isn't?

I'm glad this thread got really big. I'm currently about half and half on the subject. If any of you want to find updates, there's a thread from a guy called Gimpyfish on smashboards. He's the best Bowser in the nation, and he's been playing the game daily, giving updates and such. It's a really good topic if you want to know some stuff about Brawl so far.

I read this topic every update. I know who Gimpyfish is. I based my v2 tier list thing a lot off Gimpy's second update.

Once again, tier lists? This early?

I never said that this was the conclusive tier list. I never said we had to abide by this. I did say that I was merely having fun and speculating.

We don't even know who can come close to PARTICIPATING in the tier list! Sorry, it just makes me mad.

You've made it quite clear that any speculative thinking in which there is a shortage of information (or even when there isn't a shortage of information) upsets you. Why did you make the first version of this thread?

Tier lists are for n00bs anyway.

Correction: Playing a character because he's high on the tier list is for noobs. Ranking how good characters are is not for noobs. I'll have it be known I quite enjoy playing Donkey Kong, who's fairly low on the tier list to begin with. I don't use the tier list to play. I enjoy reading he tier list to see which characters have advantages and why. Does that make me a noob? Really?

That's the thread. Enjoy

Offline Rayku

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2007, 12:59:20 pm »
Where'd you get that tier list?

From my own head and the reports of other people.

I mean, I understand your reasoning, but there should be NO tier list at all until the game comes out and all the unlockable chars. have been taken into consideration. For all we know, Captain Falcon is going to destroy everything this game has ever known.

If you believe it's alright to say I'm not allowed to speculate, you're the last person on earth to say "Falcon may destroy everything". Though I understand you're not serious, you can't criticize -me- for having fun and speculating how playable characters are, and turn around and provide a hypothetical example. The argument "you can't speculate becasue you don't know" is entirely invalid because that's the POINT of speculation. People speculate who will be in Brawl. Why is that ok, but speculating the playability of characters isn't?

I read this topic every update. I know who Gimpyfish is. I based my v2 tier list thing a lot off Gimpy's second update.

Once again, tier lists? This early?

I never said that this was the conclusive tier list. I never said we had to abide by this. I did say that I was merely having fun and speculating.

We don't even know who can come close to PARTICIPATING in the tier list! Sorry, it just makes me mad.

You've made it quite clear that any speculative thinking in which there is a shortage of information (or even when there isn't a shortage of information) upsets you. Why did you make the first version of this thread?

Tier lists are for n00bs anyway.

Correction: Playing a character because he's high on the tier list is for noobs. Ranking how good characters are is not for noobs. I'll have it be known I quite enjoy playing Donkey Kong, who's fairly low on the tier list to begin with. I don't use the tier list to play. I enjoy reading he tier list to see which characters have advantages and why. Does that make me a noob? Really?

That's the thread. Enjoy

You just repeated yourself about 3 times in the same post...Wow. I'm not making any future predictions for this game solely for the purpose of getting a 'YOU GOT OWNED' because I'm not very popular to begin with, my reputation has very little to take before it's completely trashed.

You responded to my post as if I've posted about 9 times. 'You've made it quite clear that...' Yes, I made myself clear. You don't have to tell me that twice. I get it the first time. Don't talk down to me like some scrub who doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm sorry if I made you feel like I was doing that.

With that, I'm going to leave this thread. Most of the people that are talking about Brawl are ignorant anyway, and that's after looking at all the Brawl threads. Smashboards reminds me of Gamefaqs, some good players, but the rest of the community doesn't now what the f*** it's talking about.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2007, 04:35:57 pm »
Oooh, tensions abounds.

First off I want to ruin this post by posting in an order that does not encourage lucid and well thought out replies, but rather turns it into a petty flame war.

This Pictochat stage looks fairly interesting, though of course in real Pictochat there would be more sexual organs. Still, it does look like a fairly interesting stage. I'd also like to point out that 'Brain Age' is one of the tracks you can listen to on that level...does this mean that a Brain is a playable stage? If so awesome.

Anyways, since when were you anything about awesome Rayku? I've seen no digs at your reputation...ever. Maybe I'm not very aloof, but I'm picking up on nothing. So nobody's going to rake you over the coals for a bad prediction.

And if you call someone a n00b for reasons that really aren't justified, do expect a counter-assertion that they aren't. You asked Stefan something obvious- 'why are you doing this', so of course you'll get a simple answer. It only comes off as condescending because you're being condescending. Do not assume it's because he's an impotent who feels the need to make their bad ideas known, drowning out a user of more credibility.

k? k.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Stefan

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2007, 05:20:37 pm »
You've still failed to address my core question about your unjustified attacking me:
Why is it ok for people to speculate other things, but not tier lists?

The answer has to be either
a.) "both are equally acceptable", in which case your bashing of me was entirely unjustified.
b.) "valid reason", which I've yet to think of an example, in which case I'll promptly stop making tier lists OR
c.) "it's not ok to speculate other things", in which case you're a hypocrite:

Quote from: rayku
I could see it like a level such as Mushroom Kingdom, where you can just walk off the edges, but there would be stuff like trees that could bar your way, with springs on the top that you can't see, assuming that could POSSIBLY (hint?) be an item yet to be announced

So what is it? :(

Offline Rayku

« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2007, 06:42:03 pm »
I didn't mean to attack you such as you say, even though I may have seemed that way. My bad, I say. I just don't like the idea of a tier list that doesn't include every character in the game, because they're not announced. I have SERIOUS issues with whatever douche bag made a 'tier list' on smashboards as well, although I'm not going to post on there, because nobody gives a rat's ass about my opinion. I'm just a lonely GA smasher, yet to rise to the occasion in any way.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2007, 06:09:14 pm »
I hate Smashboards, all they are are a whiny bunch of SSBM fan-fucks...  In any case, I'm happy WDing is gone, even if it did let me annihilate my competition, because it was annoying to master in the first place...  it's just like they nerfed ZCing (instant recovery) to LCing (reduced recovering), and I didn't complain about that...

it's a whole new game, not a souped-up SSB or SSBM... DI is different, the "stick" is back, and things are still going to be slow at low levels of playing and fast-as-hell at high levels of playing... no biggie there, right?

I can't wait to be able to go at this game with the GC controller, though... especially against all my friends who are fellow lovers of this game and all you TSC bastards who I can play online

Interesting question: are we going to be able to play across the pond, or only against our versions? (US/PAL/JP/AU)?  does anyone know yet?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2007, 03:35:30 am »
TONIGHTS UPDATE: STAGE BUILDER

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various10.html

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FINALLY IT DOESNT MATTER WHETHER OR NOT TIKAL IS IN THE GAME BECAUSE I WILL BE ABLE TO CREATE A STAGE THAT IS OF THE WILL OF TIKAL'S WILL

BUT WAIT

on deeper inspection, WE HAVE THIS SUBMIMINAL UPDATE

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various10/various10_071029b.jpg

stickerbrush symphony, aka the most awesome music in DKC2, CONFIRMED

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2007, 09:34:04 am »
TONIGHTS UPDATE: STAGE BUILDER

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various10.html

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FINALLY IT DOESNT MATTER WHETHER OR NOT TIKAL IS IN THE GAME BECAUSE I WILL BE ABLE TO CREATE A STAGE THAT IS OF THE WILL OF TIKAL'S WILL
*splurt*

Also whut ladders?! http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various10/various10_071029e-l.jpg

Print

Hits: 1,070 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.31 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.