don't click here

Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?

Print

Author Topic: Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?  (Read 13758 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?
« on: November 22, 2008, 01:44:49 pm »
I got the Japanese version of the game yesterday.
-Story: Etna sends a Prinny on a quest to get sweets. In the intro, you see Prinnies being tossed out of Laharl's castle (guess who)? The advertisment for this game is that "it's so hard you get 1000 lives <3".

-Gameplay: Square attacks (weak but SUPER fast). Aerial attacks are Prinny Barrage. X jumps. Jump controls are like Ghouls and Ghosts, only without the major suckage (thanks to a butt pound move, you can stop your jump at any time). Holding O causes the Prinny to spin around. If you release after he starts to glow, he runs really fast. Hold too long or release too early will cause him to get dizzy in an embarassing way. You can even charge while moving, but this move seems like a spin dash without the attack property. Triangle picks up objects and pressing it again tosses them. You can also ride vehicles. Let's just say the Netherworld comes up with some weird vehicles, such as a tank with hands with a turret mounted plasma cannon, a springy thing with a big machine gun, and a jelly fish like thing with a 360 rotating laser gun.

-Bosses: So far I've run into 5 bosses. A unique Gremlin, some big fat green thing, Mage Knight sisters (you fight both of them), a pair of death dragons (male and female each with different tactics), and a Nekomata.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Re: Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 05:01:27 pm »
I hereby take back my trash talking elsewhere and say WOOO to this game....

G&G without the annoying air-physics?!  me likey!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 05:13:32 pm »
Actually, the game does have G&G air physics. The implementation is FAR less annoying though. You can do your second jump any time you want, the butt pound helps you not over shoot a jump, and the Prinny is far more agile than Arthur, being able to grab onto ledges. In addition, NO random spawning enemies, which turned G&G into a luck based ordeal with excessive trial and error. I hate G&G and am still shocked that people actually like that over rated, clunky POS.

Fought a magma dragon (he's HUGE) and an orc on one of those Jelly fish like vehicles.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 05:31:27 pm »
That's way cool... I like games where they mix in old content and new content...  You HAVE to give a POI if Vyers shows up, as he is easily the most pro character in my mind ^_^

Also, I personally enjoy G&G for a number of reasons, and while at first it seemed rather unresponsive, it's another one of those games where, after a while, the controls and the like become second nature.

The other one I can think of offhand would be MM64...

Also, there was no intention of having all those comma's in the second line, and while it says it's grammatically correct, I find it annoying >_>
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 08:48:15 pm »
Sorry, no Mid Boss in this game. As a consolation prize, its starting to look REAL likely that Vyers will be PLAYABLE in Disgaea 3's (japanese veresion) DLC. He'll either be in the December DLC or January DLC. The Prinny himself has just become playable as part of November's DLC (along with Gig, Revya, and the Disgaea 1 dragon class).

Cameos confirmed thus far are Asagi (in a Prinny cosplay costume), Prinny Laharl, Prinny Baal, Aramis (the ultimate zombie guy who is playable as of Octorber's D3 DLC), and even a bonus boss fight with Etna.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 08:01:43 pm »
hmm... I may have to import...

I don't mind that at all, actually...  Mid-Boss pwns so hard that I can't imagine missing something like that...

Sounds like it plays a fair deal like RKA...  can you comment on that comparison?

and can you attack while dashing?

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 06:32:12 pm »
Don't worry about having to import. NIS America confirmed that the US version of Disgaea 3 will be receiving the DLC as well (NIS tends to treat its American fan base really well. Mid-Boss will most likely be a monster character (most likely MChange is spear since this makes sense when you figure who he was).

Can't comment on a RKA comparison (trying to recall what that stands for). You can't attack during the dash, but your running speed and jump distance are improved significantly.

Another interesting caveat. The level design for the game's 6 opening stages (you can tackle these in any order) changes depending on what time of day (determined by the order you take them) you enter the level at. Sometimes even the boss changes. For example, going to the beach stage 4th rather than 3rd causes you to fight a male warrior instead of a Nekomata as the boss. Taking the 2nd stage 5th causes you to fight a rather psychotic red mage (female) instead of Mage Knight sisters. There's a battle with all three sisters if you take that stage at a specific time.

Be warned, the golem after the opening 6 stages is a bitch to fight. The game comes to America 2/17/09, a week after my birthday. Rats.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 09:59:06 pm »
Rocket Knight Adventures (Sparkster 1)

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 03:13:03 am »
Unfortunately, I never played Sparkster. http://psp.ign.com/articles/938/938204p1.html The IGN hands on with the US version of the game. The stages are named Nether Grass Lands (ruled by The Gourmet Ogre), High Tome Forest (Mage Knight Sisters), Death's Watch Tower (the Curse Dragons are named Basil and Cherival), Demon Sea Aria (Nekomata or Warrior), Magma Hideout (Magma Dragon), and Moab Fortress (Orc in vehicle). It seems someone stole Etna's sweets and now the Prinnys are sent to get ingredients for the Ultra Dessert, something thats errr, dangerous. The difficulties are Standard (complete with the Prinny making a comment about it being perfect for "casual" gamers) and Hell's Finest.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 11:58:47 am »
That is awesome...  I really need to get off my ass and learn Japanese...  but it's hard with no one to speak it to...

Which is why I've given up all 13 times I've tried...  other people's apathy...

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 02:59:17 pm »
Unfortunately, I never played Sparkster.
You sir are an epic failure.  Get RKA and Sparkster ROMs and play them.  NOW.  Sparkster is a game crying out for a remake, too, although it'd be a bitch to pull off well in 3D.

Also, I need Prinny in my life but I don't have a PSP.  Given I'd quite like to play Ac!d, I can feel monies being dragged from me in the not to distant future :(
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 05:06:14 pm »
the only problem with sparkster is that it's not RKA

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 07:35:51 pm »
Maybe I'll get lucky and RKA and Sparkster will come out on the VC. We got Star Tropics, a rather obscure but fun game from Nintendo, so there's certainly the possibility of other obscure games (cough Demon's Crest) coming out.

Almost forgot. You can find orbs to get more people in the hub (talk to the spirit that's the same color as the orbs). 4 of them are in the 2nd training misson. One of the orbs unlocks a rather lazy Save Prinny, another unlocks a ninja. Some of the Prinny animations are really funny, such as honking a horn (the ones with rubber balls attached), sleeping on the job, and even sitting in a desk reminiscent of Lucy's psychiatric help booth in Peanuts.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 05:51:12 am »
Maybe I'll get lucky and RKA and Sparkster will come out on the VC. We got Star Tropics, a rather obscure but fun game from Nintendo, so there's certainly the possibility of other obscure games (cough Demon's Crest) coming out.

If Star Tropics and Demon's Crest are obscure, I'm rather confused about the gaming society as a whole...

Also, I thought the two prequels to Demon's Crest were better than it's most famous incarnation, but all and all it's a rather kick-ass series

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 11:36:11 am »
This just in. The US version of Disgaea 3 DLC is availible now. Nekomatas, Adell, and Rozalin are availible. Zetta, Pram, Taro, and Hanako will also be availible soon.

A special edition of Phantom Brave is being made for the Nintendo Wii. I saw an image of some one who looked like a dark skinned Marona in the background. I have a theory that an additional 'dark side' path in the vein of Soul Nomad's demon path might be an unlockable feature in this Wii Make. The thought of someone like Marona snapping is a scary one after all the evil stuff Revya does in Soul Nomad's  demon path (ie, some REALLY EVIL stuff).

Pre orders for Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero start on January 9 via Rosen Queen Company (the NIS store). Here's to hoping that a Prinny suit will be availible for purchase in the future.

Print

Hits: 503 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.