don't click here

Je suis artiste!

Print

Author Topic: Je suis artiste!  (Read 22784 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Je suis artiste!
« on: September 10, 2007, 04:01:02 pm »
So I've noticed egg has been posting some comic strips recently, and figured I would start my own tsc-based dealie, along with random things I've drawn. Every now and then I figure I'll make a strip. Do enjoy.

The one I posted is a joke by the way, you should be amused by the geo-camel/bear in the bottom right hand corner.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline KnucklesSonic8

Re: Je suis artiste!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 08:22:53 pm »
I am artist... <_<
Oh please...
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 09:02:30 pm »
No, ks8, you don't speak French.

Translated that would mean "I am an artist".

As such remove your linguistically inferior person from my topic as everyone else lambasts in the fruit of my labor and experiences endeavors they never considered through my creative expression.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 09:24:05 pm »
I actually lol'd
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline F-Man

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 10:40:11 pm »
As such remove your linguistically inferior person from my topic as everyone else lambasts in the fruit of my labor and experiences endeavors they never considered through my creative expression.
Let me savorish the irony in your lack of a non breaking space before the exclamation mark of your topic title then.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 11:35:54 pm »
I actually lol'd
What don't you lol at? <_<

Also genus have you ever heard of erasing the text you created and typing it again?
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline eggFL

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 03:35:56 am »
Also genus have you ever heard of erasing the text you created and typing it again?

exactly

maybe I should make an MSpaint tutorial (would also include steps as how not to accidentally delete it)

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 04:30:24 am »
"Je suis un artiste."

un = a/an (male)

EDIT: Wait, or "une"? I forgot, do the French determine the gender of un/une by the person who says it or by the grammatical gender of the noun? I SHOULD LEARN FRENCH AGAIN
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 07:00:32 am »
P.P.A.: By the gender of the noun.

But if you're referring to yourself then it doesn't matter either way...

Also I think if you're talking about a profession you don't need the indefinite article.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 03:58:27 pm »
Crowbar is correct, you do not need an article for professions in the French language.

As for my paint skills, I'm intentionally making these first 2 bad so everyone thinks I'm a bad artist.

So here's my hilarious next comic.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 04:15:48 pm »
I actually lol'd again :(
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 04:17:36 pm »
Well, I wtf'd. Didn't expect Stefan to be in there.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 08:45:14 pm »
Quit now before you make a fool of yourself.

...oh, wait.

<3 Thorn.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 09:24:45 pm »
Well wait genus said the first two are bad on purpose... so let's wait for the third one because I expect it to blow us away.

But I have to say I appreciate the style of these cartoons at this point... let's you put them out at a much faster rate than mine.

Much, much faster.

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 10:34:58 pm »
But I have to say I appreciate the style of these cartoons at this point... let's you put them out at a much faster rate than mine.

Much, much faster.

Quantity=/=Quality
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline eggFL

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 06:17:32 am »
But talk about quantity!! You can pound these out two a second. The sheer number of meh-heh's from the lot of them can add up to more than the one quality laugh you can get from one of mine.. and that's IF my comic doesn't turn out to be a lemon. Genus's method would yield much more consistent results.

I mean, genus just started but we already got TWO cartoons in 24 hours. GOD DAMN

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 04:55:57 pm »
No, ks8, you don't speak French.

Translated that would mean "I am an artist".

And for the record, I DO speak French and no, I don't translate word-for-word simplistically. It just came across that way. Maybe that's just the way I was taught - it's always been, "Je suis une artiste"... Wait, you're a girl.. <_< Who knew?

Anyway, it's not wrong.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 07:11:14 pm »
Thanks  for the support, but I drew another 'joke' strip. I figure I could probably get a lot of mileage out of this sort of thing, as most comics don't rely on their animation style much. If I get another of these done before next Monday, it will be probably a scan of a notebook sketch.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline eggFL

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 08:00:02 pm »
props for innovative use of color neg

And last panel made me lol.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 07:13:55 pm »
Text to come later!

Edit: text to come now.

I decided to transfer a written idea, one you have yet to see in its original form, to a strip, and this is the result. Pending circumstances entirely out of my control, I may have a few notebook sketches in before the end of the weekend, in all probability in the lithographic style, which is generally easier to produce and tends to have more character. As such, enjoy this comic at your guarded discretion.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:26:25 pm by genus »

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline eggFL

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 07:55:35 pm »
LOL I like it. good work

Offline Alondite

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 12:32:41 am »
You wanna hear something sad? My art professor would think that stuff is "great work" artistically. However, she is a moron and wouldn't know good art if it bit her in the clit. No offense though genus, your stuff is pretty amusing in it's own genus-y way.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 12:42:30 am »
You wanna hear something sad? My art professor would think that stuff is "great work" artistically. However, she is a moron and wouldn't know good art if it bit her in the clit. No offense though genus, your stuff is pretty amusing in it's own genus-y way.

uh-huh. The more abstract something is and the less it looks like what it's supposed to, the more artistic it is. As egg from my comic put it: "there are no pants in art"

Offline Alondite

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 12:47:05 am »

uh-huh. The more abstract something is and the less it looks like what it's supposed to, the more artistic it is. As egg from my comic put it: "there are no pants in art"

Which is complete BS. It may appeal to the self-proclaimed "artists," but to a vast majority of he population it's going to be shit.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 12:53:55 am »
Yep.

Of course MSpaint has its own school of cartoon design associated with it I think. Being abstract and poorly made accentuates humor very nicely if not IS the humor. It also lends itself very well to... abstract humor.

This is just partly why I dont know hand-draw the cartoons. The sloppiness is just more fun to look at.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 12:59:29 am »
South Park comes to mind.....

Offline Upthorn

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 01:18:31 am »
Sealab 2021 would be a much, much better example.
Go not to the linguaphiles for help, for they will say both "Yes" and "No" and "That reminds me of an interesting story about long vowels in Upper Sorbian which I must tell you right now..."

Offline Alondite

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 01:25:16 am »
sure.....if it were funny >_>

Offline eggFL

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 01:29:10 am »
No those are different. They don't have abstract, disproportionate, or illegible graphics like MSpaint cartoons.

See if you have art and art is supposed to be all profound and not look like anything. Then think of some MSpaint cartoons as a good making-fun-of of the whole idea and with the cheapest graphics style possible.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007, 04:47:48 pm »
Style in itself is an artistic vice. Or maybe the better wording would by that art in itself is a stylistic device. Either way, one reflects the other and they should be treated as one and the same. Visual quality is only relevant to the point that it does not interfere with the message conveyed by the piece, not as far that it defines the entire production. You may be particularly fond of a flower some fellow drew and be underwhelmed by its message and the inherent creative expression, or lack thereof. Alternatively a solo flower in a field surrounded by dead soldiers, drawn poorly but still recognizable for what it is still provokes thought. As such even the bulkiest of artistic stylings have some merit.

Here I am, trashing as much of conventional art as possible and having a great time in the process. Stark raving minimalism works, or at least provides a different way of transcribing your message of choice. Here I see it as fitting given the one-dimensional portrayal of everyone to date. If I want to make a "serious" go at this, I'm doing notebook sketches, but I don't so it all works out.

I was hit in the head by a football thrown at a respectable speed today, which is why I am feeling particularly philosophical. More strips to come on Thursday and Friday, you will enjoy them I assure you.

I HOPE YOU DO

Print

Hits: 237 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.24 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.