don't click here

New Sonic game stuff

Print

Author Topic: New Sonic game stuff  (Read 135395 times)

Offline Rolken

New Sonic game stuff
« on: August 22, 2007, 03:55:54 pm »
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity announced for Wii/PS2 in February. Here's some shots.

The Sonic Rush Adventure site is open, with some music and random other stuff, including confirmation of online rankings.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline P.P.A.

Re: New Sonic game stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:57:17 pm »
Online rankings? Hey SEGA, that's still our job. :(
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 04:22:50 pm »
Sonic Riders: *Shudders* The first one was horrible, complete with some of the worst controls I've ever seen in a racing game. I can only predict that the new one will equally suck. Sonic Rush Adventure on the other hand, I'm excited about since that game has been getting mostly positive impressions.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 04:26:30 pm »
I'm not excited about Sonic Rush Adventure way. I hate how recent 2D Sonic games are nothing but speed orgies. DASH-DASH-DASH
I'd rather have a slower paced Sonic game that's actually fun and has good level design.

As for Riders 2, every word about it would be a waste of time. The same game, just in other colours. :(
Zero Gravity, Zero Quality.

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:37:21 pm »
Well, I am not that excited about Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity so far. I didn't like the first one at all, but hopefully this one will be better. On the other hand, Sonic Rush Adventure seems to be looking great so far. It doesn't seem to be straying to far in terms of gameplay from Sonic Rush, so I am definitely looking forward to the game.

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 05:55:04 pm »
Heh, I'm not looking forward to any of those >_> Recent 2-D Sonic games are too fast (like PPA said) and Riders wasn't great for many reasons. Hopefully, they can fix those flaws <_<

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 08:10:58 pm »
Riders was okay for me.  I wouldn't mind picking up Riders 2.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 08:31:36 pm »
Online rankings? Hey SEGA, that's still our job. :(

The way the SRA website communicates the functions of the leaderboard are rather unclear due to brief summarizing; don't assume anything until you've experienced the game yourself or Sega proves it. We don't know what stages they'll rank (maybe some stages omitted, like bosses and / or the final boss, possibly minigame stages too), who they'll rank (stages with or without seperate rankings for different characters), if they have rankings for competitive values other than times (rings, scores), etc., which TSC can provide for if not included.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 11:46:25 pm »
Meh, I'll probably pick 'em both up if I've got the cash.
As a side note, I have higher expectations for SRA, but I did enjoy the first Sonic Riders, and I'll probably enjoy the second.
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 05:55:54 am »
Trailer for Riders 2.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23879.html?type=flv

The song is catchy, and the graphics look surprisingly good too. It's just the game that's going to suck. :(

Offline eggFL

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 01:02:31 pm »
It's just the game that's going to suck. :(

Who cares though? It's exorbitantly cool!!

Do you see it? You can blast yourself into a freefall any time you want. That is so, so cool.

It even apparently causes total mayhem to the environment and you can do it in repeated successions to fall through entire stretches. It's used in the trailer as stretch boosting but also as a basic maneuver to navigate the course. (used to fling yourself onto the wall)

Christ that is awesome.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 06:29:32 am »
http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/sonic-rush-adventure-video-42216.html
SRA trailer. Oh god this music is so annoying.

After watching the Rider 2 trailer again, I'm developing some interest actually. That gravity control thing looks quite interesting. :o
And that neon course looks awesome.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 06:44:00 am by P.P.A. »

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 09:14:33 am »
Wow! I always KNEW Sonic Riders would get a sequel for the Wii and now it's becoming a reality! Yet another game I'm really stoked for!
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline eggFL

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 12:48:49 pm »
Yep it figures that the PS360 got the bucket and Sega sought out a good future in the Playstation 2. But I already knew this last week. Looks like it's time for me to get more serious about getting a Wii since I somehow am more eager to play this game than Journey of Dreams.

I wonder if there are any neat development stories then like how the game is secretly a port of a PS360 game to a certain extent. Although it uses everything from Riders 1.

But man to rehash Riders 1 you couldn't have done a more clever job with it. Rather than changing the fact that it's a gimmick racer, they come up with and center it around the most bomb ass gimmick ever. I actually admire that. Mad props Sega, mad props.

Also what I really like about it also that while Riders 1 tried to be all edgy and futuristic, Riders 2 apparently takes that much further. The aesthetic excess seen in the trailer is just extremely cool in a certain way.

And the way everything breaks up and falls with you reminds me of the ending of Akira or another anime. It was a terrific idea to make a power to do that on the spot in a videogame.

Oh and hi ks8!

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 02:19:01 pm »
Hey yourself, eggy! :P
I knew you'd be excited about this new announcement as much as I am (when SJ sent me the message on my Wii, I thought he was kidding for a second) but I didn't think you'd be excited about this MORE SO than Journey of Dreams. That surprises me since you've (apparently) been a long time NiGHTS fan.

But I'm definitely raising up money to get this. There are 4 games right now I said I'd DEFINITELY buy. That being: Rayman 2, DDR HP, Mario Kart Wii and now this. I'm still debating if Mario/Sonic is worthy of the 59.99 price tag here in CND but anyway, we'll see. That's a lot of saving up I'll have to do but for these games, it'll be worth it for sure.

Kudos to you if you get a Wii before then. If you do, let me know. I can recommend games to you and plus, I'd want to add you to my Wii address book.

edit:
Oh, and eggFL, it looks like another game we'll have to compete to snag the championship for. ;)
From first glance, though, I can see this game being harder in terms of obtaining a championship and harder to lose it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:29:26 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline eggFL

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 03:44:36 pm »
Actually I was really upset when I heard this game was going to be "Wii exclusive". Why would I be happy? 1) I dont have a Wii, 2) I want the next gen goods! (always looked forward to seeing Sonic06 style Jet the Hawk) 3) it's a sign of Sonic in decline i.e. no Sonic the Hedgehog 2. 4) it pretty much guaranteed that it was going to be just like the first Sonic Riders.

All things considered tho it turned out a lot better than I thought it would.

Sure I love Nights but I love Sonic more.

The thought of competing crossed my mind, I guess I might as well, but not a serious consideration. I'd get Secret Rings but I don't see myself submitting scores for it. But competing for a new game is always fun. And yea, it did occur to me that Riders 2 will be hilarious for time attacking. I can imagine it being a lot like Riders 1 actually but in which the gravity dive becomes the new High Booster, and ideal runs have you freefalling 95 percent of the time. Pure chaos.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 04:49:29 pm »
EXACTLY! Pure competition. I can't wait. :D

And SatSR seems to be wearing off a bit in terms of replayability for competition, according to what people are telling me anyway.
Wiiloveit

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 05:22:50 pm »
I'd rather have a slower paced Sonic game that's actually fun
How would you know that if you've never played it >__________>

Also I expect SEGA's online rankings to be limited to Time Attacking, which leaves out Scores, Rings, maybe Bosses, and possibly Special stages. Not to mention someone's going to find out a way to hack it eventually.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 05:26:21 pm »
So that's like 3 or 4 more games that will be added eventually, including SRA.
If SEGA does go with time rankings, you guys won't add them? I guess that makes sense.
Wiiloveit

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 05:28:11 pm »
They better be added <_________<

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 05:34:01 pm »
Yeah I'd be kind of upset if that happened to a game I hoped to compete in. Hopefully I didn't jynx myself by saying that. >_<
Wiiloveit

Offline X-5

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 07:15:09 pm »
i agree with ppa these games sound sucky and they fail to incite excitement

I think ive lost faith in basically every game company now, last time I was able to buy a game that didn't suck was in 2005.... im thankful i got tonsa nes/snes/n64/genesis games cause thats what we're stuck with for our hole life if we want to have FUN

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 08:43:28 pm »
Wow. For me, it's a good time to be a gamer...
Wiiloveit

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 11:33:30 pm »
Two things about graphics (since that's obviously what matters most in a game):

1. I hope those screenshots are from PS2. Even though it seems like Wii developers actually
care little enough that they would settle for that level of quality.

2. PS2? PS2!!!?? The 7-year-old system that's much weaker than the GameCube,
which is weaker than the Wii, which is already supposedly so weak that it limits some features
in gameplay, and would make porting from other systems impossible? I don't know... maybe I should be happy.
Somehow, I'm more angry. The GameCube was capable of graphics better than every Wii game I've seen so far,
and seemingly almost as good as every XB360/PS3 game I've seen. (Taking framerate into consideration.)
But Sega seems to want to separate Sonic into the next-gen (meaning slightly better than GameCube)
Sonic, and the last-gen, Wii, GameCube, and PS2 Sonic (meaning PS2-quality).

Now, about the game itself, I don't know. Yeah, it's another Sonic game, and some time,
I'll get it along with SatSR, but I'm still waiting for a 3-D platformer. Preferably one that's at least
as good as the Dreamcast games (like that'll ever happen, as reasonable as that preference is).
Sonic Riders had bad graphics, bad sound, bad controls, bad story... but it was still fun somehow.
This'll almost definitely be the same. The graphics and voice acting are guaranteed, since this is Sonic.
The story will likely be as good as that of Riders 1 (thanks for the help, Sonic X), and the controls probably won't improve.
But it sounds like it'll be at least as fun as the first. (I haven't seen the videos.)
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 12:51:14 am »
Yeah, knowing Sega's reputation for listening to feedback about their games (NOT!!!!), Sonic Riders 2 will have the same asinine controls (the worst in a racer ever) and bad game play that Riders did, thus resulting in a bad game that even good graphics can't help.

Don't be so sure to discount the Wii's graphical capacities Marth. Metroid Prime 3's coming out next week and the hands on impressions said that it is one of the best looking Wii games to come out (but Mario Galaxy will still surpass it) and has the sharpest Wii FPS controls around (with some minor problems with the grappling beam and turning too slow but the later is negated by the solid lock on system). To be honest, graphics mean practically nothing to me. I'm such a "bad ass freaking gamer" that I just ignore a game's visuals and focus purely on its game play.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 05:31:23 am »
I demand a Gamecube version of Riders 2. :(

Offline eggFL

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 09:40:17 am »
By the way, why does the Rush Adventure site say that Blaze's coat suppresses her fire powers? Her coat doesn't do anything, and I don't recall she ever removing it when attacking. The site information is false?

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 10:35:20 am »
They've been saying that for Blaze ever since Sonic 06, but it's not like she actually does that...

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 10:40:06 am »
IF THE FEMALE CHARACTERS TOOK OFF THEIR CLOTHES, THEY'D EXPOSE THEIR SEXUAL BODY PARTS. BECAUSE UNLIKE THE MALE CHARACTERS, THEY ACTUALLY HAVE ANY.
...Did someone say Sally?

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 02:13:17 pm »
By the way, why does the Rush Adventure site say that Blaze's coat suppresses her fire powers? Her coat doesn't do anything, and I don't recall she ever removing it when attacking. The site information is false?

suppress=/=completely blocking

Also PPA, only you would like that u furry hur hur.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Print

Hits: 307 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.28 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.