don't click here

Tournament 1/2: More testing (Winner: SBW)

Print

Author Topic: Tournament 1/2: More testing (Winner: SBW)  (Read 96293 times)

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament 1/2: More testing
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2007, 08:48:21 pm »
Dramatic Comeback.

Or not.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:24:32 pm by Rick_242 »
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2007, 01:13:52 pm »
Okay, this thing's really gotta get moving. I'm close enough to ready to say that the finals can go ahead... I'll make stuff up on the spot if I'm not done when Achlys and Spinny want to compete. I need both of them to agree on a time to do the tourney (I'd allow two hours for it, although it could be shorter), and I need to be able to show for it as well. Here's my availability for the next few days (all times are EST):

Tonight - After 7:30pm
Tuesday - N/A
Wednesday - After 12:00pm
Thursday - Any time
Friday - N/A
Saturday - After 6:30pm
Sunday - After 8:30pm

Again, Achlys and Spinny, I recommend that you try to earn points before the finals start. Achlys, if you care to do your Round 4 challenge, ask me in chat and I'll do it with you.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2007, 09:57:19 am »
I -might- actually be able to get on tonight after 7:30/8 depending on what my brother wants to do. And I'll be up late since class is cancelled wednesday morning. But you're not on so yeah. Here's the availability (also times EST):

Otherwise... Wednesday: N/A
Thursday: MAYBE after like 7 but no guarantees because it's Thanksgiving after all.
Friday: N/A
Saturday: N/A
Sunday: Any time after 8:30-9
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2007, 11:44:49 am »
I could be on tonight around 11pm or so... I just don't expect that it'll be finished before I fall asleep, so I'd rather not. Also I wish I could say that all of my classes were cancelled tomorrow, but my Calc III teacher has other plans; he's made a project due that day to force people to attend.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2007, 11:32:04 pm »
And now, the moment of truth...
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
Tournament 1/2: More testing -- Post not 56k-friendly
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2007, 12:14:22 am »
Okay, I had formatted this entire thing, at which point Firefox proceeded to exit my tab and kill the entire page-long post. >_> So here's the short version, because I'm not typing it all up again. I apologize for losing the epicness to a browser crash.

The final challenge was a 50-act speedrun, done on acts suggested by other TSCers. Since Spinny led by 15 points, he was given a 15-minute head start. Of course, the results mean nothing, because Achlys didn't submit. Therefore to Spinny, the winner, I present a sig banner to patch up his fail sig.

To the 2nd and 3rd place players, Achlys and Rick, I present little trophy-lookin' things.

This is as close to "Unofficial Sonic" that this TUSC tourney has gotten.

At this point in the awards creation I was having fun with Fireworks and decided to make a pic for whomever assisted me most in the tourney. This turned out to be Achlys -- he helped me nag Rick and RPG as well as give out challenges to others. Therefore I give a nonsensical pic as a prize.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the guy who only wants to trash the tourney. genus made an honest attempt to get paired with Spinny for the second time in a row in round two, and due to future circumstances they was paired up four consecutive times, giving Spinny easy points and a ticket to the finals. His home life situation made scheduling tourney rounds take WEEKS. To him I present a different nonsensical pic.

Lastly, a pic to my fellow Dela-where? native, JBertolli, as a sign of "you kept chugging for as long as you could, but you were just too fuckin' weak".

To everyone else who dropped out without trying... you get zilch, and screw you all. Comments are welcome, and to whoever runs the next tourney, may it run better than mine and mike's .:P

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2007, 12:18:34 am »
I'll wear it with a badge of pride.

When's the next tournament starting up? I want in.

I HOPE YOU DO

Print

Hits: 390 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.