don't click here

Video Software

Print

Author Topic: Video Software  (Read 5090 times)

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
Video Software
« on: June 03, 2007, 01:37:07 pm »
Hokay, so.  I have Mega Collection Plus (anyone paying much attention to me should know that), SADX, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Riders, all for PC.  The question: what video capture software should I use, if I want to film my runs?  I'm trying to find something freeware, and I really don't feel safe using an unofficial emulator.  Does anyone know what I should do?  Thanks.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Crowbar

Re: Video Software
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 01:46:43 pm »
Growler Guncam is one of the few ones I ever found that doesn't have some sort of annoying restriction on its free version. I could never get it to record sound, but have a look.

People tend to recommend Fraps, but unless I was missing something you can only record for 30 seconds without paying for/pirating it. I have a feeling it may use up more system resources (i.e. more lag) than GG (though this is just a hunch, I haven't compared figures or anything, so don't take my word for it).

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 03:00:17 pm »
Thanks.  Sweet, it's made for video games.  I tried HyperCam, but the framerate is horrible (works great on N though).  Also tried this Instant Demo or something like that, resulted in a horrendous framerate and a 2 gig file for a 3 minute Hydrocity run.  I'll check this out.  Thanks again!
My presssioussss....

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 03:08:16 pm »
I guess you didn't know that you can change HyperCam's framerate.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 07:09:38 pm »
One video capture program I could recommend is BB Flashback.  It has relatively low system requirements, can record sound, and has several adjustable framerate options. It's how I capture flash videos to change to mp4 format for my psp.  It's trial version is relatively limited, however, if I remember correctly.

Here's its official site: http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack.aspx
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 09:37:54 am »
I guess you didn't know that you can change HyperCam's framerate.

I did know that.  But, no matter what I changed it to, the framerate was horrible, and even lagged the system (mine isn't so hot) to the point that the game became almost unplayable.  On closer inspection, I found that HyperCam was made mostly for Flash and OpenGL capture, and I'm pretty sure none of these games fall under either category.
My presssioussss....

Print

Hits: 172 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1022.30 KB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.