don't click here

The Olympic Games

Print

Author Topic: The Olympic Games  (Read 8788 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

The Olympic Games
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:22:43 pm »
Use this thread to track the new game: "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" comin' out sometime in Holiday period.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline P.P.A.

Re: The Olympic Games
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 04:43:33 pm »
Use this thread to track and field the new game: "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" comin' out sometime in Holiday period.
Sorry, I needed a laugh edit badly. >.>

I'm really interested how they want to make the game. Sonic would beat everyone in racing competitions, but would drown as soon as he touches the water. I really can't imagine any of the competitions right now. Beh, guess we just have to wait...
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Conker T. Squirrel

• The Ultimate Power!!
  • TSC: shadowblast63
  • winxp msie6
  • Oh, charming...Bleh. It's me! Shadowblast63! Yey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 05:36:48 pm »
I still think this game is overboard. I mean the Olympics? It should've been just like a friendly competition.
I am the Ultimate Power in the name of destruction and chaos!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:05:35 pm »
We need a topic to track the progress of this sorry excuse for a game already why?
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline eggFL

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 10:53:01 pm »
We need a topic to track the progress of this sorry excuse for a game already why?

Because Sonic is in it. And because ks8 made one. That's a good enough reason if you ask me.

And damn, do you have to be so negative? You people...

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 12:27:26 am »
-Let's wait until after the game comes out before we pass judgement on it, mkay doods. We know next to nothing about the game, so there's no real logical reasons for bashing it right from the get go asides from the name and olympics idea, which is like knocking on a team of super heroes because of something as "important" as color scheme. *snickers at sarcastic in-joke* If anything, I predict this game will be great for one major reason. Shigeru Miyamoto himself (the Supreme Overlord of the game development industry for those unaware) is directing this game. We all know his track record when it comes to making games (look at gamerankings for games made by him if you don't believe me) and his infamously high standards of quality (Metroid Prime was redone after he was dissatisfied with the quality of the first build). There are two bad things I can forsee for this game. 1. Delay, delay delay (I think there is a quote from him that states "A good game is only late until its released. A bad game is bad forever.") 2. Nintendo voice acting. A lot of the VA in Nintendo games (especially side characters) are so horrible that it makes MM8 Mega Man and ShtH Vector sound good by comparison.
-Still, this topic came a bit too early. I would have probably waited until after summer to begin the discussion of it when we get more information.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 02:39:17 am »
Theres every reason to begin bashing it, its going to be an awful mockery and you know it.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 03:05:46 pm »
Actaully, I'm looking forward to it

granted, it'll be weird having sonic run at about the same speed as mario and other characters when he could easily cake em, but it's definetly an interesting concept

The original track and field was awesome. Maybe this will be too :o

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 05:05:16 pm »
I'm looking forward to it as well. It's my only hope after my upset with Secret Rings.

Can't wait to see Toad in there as well. :P

And thanks for the back-up eggFL.
Wiiloveit

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 06:03:09 am »
I demand Paratrooper to be in there! He's greaking awesome.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 04:00:23 pm »
I agree. Especially in Mario Power Tennis I realized this.
Wiiloveit

Offline Blitz

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 04:00:37 pm »
Well, it's true that we haven't seen anything about the games, nor played it, but personally, it seems rather...stupid.
I mean, Olympics? At least make it something more interesting, with a more unique style of play.
At least all those Mario vs. Sonic people get their wish.
But Mario+Sonic equal bad. If Sonic is going to be slower, doesn't that ruin the main reason to play the Sonic games?
For those of you so negative, just pray that it isn't goofed up down to S1GBA standards.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 11:18:45 pm »
I hope it'll be mostly that Mario's sped up, rather than that Sonic's slowed down.
Mario's already too slow in most games. (Bring back the running speed from SMB3 and SMW, please.)
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Print

Hits: 189 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.10 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.