don't click here

Question regarding record keeping.

Print

Author Topic: Question regarding record keeping.  (Read 6347 times)

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
Question regarding record keeping.
« on: May 17, 2007, 03:48:01 pm »
Are you allowed to use emulators and roms for competition if you don't use save states, slow downs, etc., or are they disallowed completely, because I checked the TSC constitution and FAQ but found nothing about it.
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Question regarding record keeping.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 03:50:13 pm »
Emulators are fine as long as you dont use savestates in the middle of levels or slowdown, planting a state on the title card for easy restarting is fair game as far as Im aware

Theres an issue with Chankast though and as far as Im aware you are not allowed to use that for competition
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 08:19:47 pm »
Whoa... You totally snuck up on me and snagged my only championship!!! Congrats! I'm not the least bit jealous. I'm glad to finally see some more competition (I still don't know why my suggested divisions STILL haven't been added).

I haven't played a Sonic game in a long time (less than a year but just enough to show signs that I'm losing interest) so I guess maybe it'll be time to pull out Sonic Riders again for the sake of defending myself. Anyway, just wanted to say that since you mentioned records.

But yeah what RPG said is correct.

edit: Wah! You even snagged my BEST record ever.... Wow... If you want to keep amazing me, then I gotta ask, do you have proof for your records? I'm very interested to see how you overcame some of my records.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 01:45:24 am »
Well, some of the records that I have set I could easily break.  I guess I should submit a few videos to show that I am legit.^_^

Edit:  I see that your best record ever is Night Chase in race mode.  Man oh man, I thought time trial for that track was hard, but in race mode, you actually catch up to everyone on the third lap, and that is hell when trying to time attack that track.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 01:59:37 am by Da1AndOnlySonic »

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 09:18:28 am »
Most of the records were very difficult to obtain and since noone was going for beating my records, I slowly lost interest. I suggested to Rolken to add new divisions for Survival Race, Survival Battle, I think Tag Mode and the Mission Mode especially but... yeah, I own't get into that as LOTS of my suggestions go unnoticed here.

Anyway, now that both me and eggFL have finally gotten some REAL competition and a person whose interest in the game hasn't died, I've decided to re-enter! Yay me!
(BTW, I've played the game for over 300 hours in total)

Oh and nice job on the Sand Ruins/Triple Lap. That was a REALLY close one, eh?

And yeah, FR on some of the tracks is harder than TA. I really look forward to competing alongside you. :D
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 04:09:30 am »
And I look forward to competing alongside you.^_^

Print

Hits: 199 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1022.84 KB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.