don't click here

The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Discussion/Wi-Fi Code Topic

Print

Author Topic: The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Discussion/Wi-Fi Code Topic  (Read 53767 times)

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Discussion/Wi-Fi Code Topic
« on: April 24, 2007, 07:38:51 pm »
Yeah.

You know it had to be made.

Well, discuss the game and your friend code here.

My code:
0215 7286 5374

My guy's name is Alex.

Also, Chimchar ROXXORZ. Especially when he evolves into Monferno, and Infernape.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:48:35 pm by Super Sondow »
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Discussion/Wi-Fi Code Topic
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:43:36 pm »
Diamond: 0559-3251-6056
Pearl: (coming soon)

Name: Mat

I'd use my username, but seeing that this is post 2nd gen, that'd be confusing somewhat.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 08:08:36 pm »
4252 9973 2682

Rolken <_<
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 09:11:04 pm »
Diamond: 1031-7708-7520
Player Name: genus

Current roster (just for the heck of it so we can compare end-of-game lineups):

Level 18 Buizel-Useful to a fault. It's fast with decent attack and somewhat balanced stats. Surely a decent fire/ground counter should a fire/ground type pop up.
Level 19 Luxio-The token electric type. A tad slow, but it's a powerhouse for now. It will probably be ouclassed soon, assuming another electric type can be found.
Level 21 Monferno-An all rounder with outstanding attack. The lackluster defense is disheartening, but Monferno is meant to kill everything as quickly as it can, so it's not a problem.
Level 20 Machop-High attack, and health barely compensate for its lack of defense or speed. Machamp's stat increases are much higher, so it's to be...expected?
Level 19 Alakazam-Its high speed and special attack make it a solid first striker. While the health and defense leave something to be desired, everything else is spot on.
Level 18 Budew-Useless. I'm going to replace it with a Starly for the eventual Starraptor.

I'm going to need to rework my team. Nobody there is durable, so can be beaten by a a defense oriented team. I'll replace one of the above with a Steelix after finding the metal coat. Any idea as to where one might be found?

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 09:16:24 pm »
I'll replace one of the above with a Steelix after finding the metal coat. Any idea as to where one might be found?

According to serebii, you can find one attached to some wild Pokemon, like Magnemite or Magneton.  That's all I know about the item's locations in D/P, though.

Offline Conker T. Squirrel

• The Ultimate Power!!
  • TSC: shadowblast63
  • winxp msie6
  • Oh, charming...Bleh. It's me! Shadowblast63! Yey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 09:21:15 pm »
I might get the game. I have the JP version of Diamond but I suck at it so I might just do something about that. Yes I was that desperate.
I am the Ultimate Power in the name of destruction and chaos!

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:58:07 pm »
You're all spoilt brats. All of you!

<3 Thorn.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 11:49:33 pm »
I just battled Rolken.Believe it or not, Pokemon is actually decent now.

Up to when I battled him, I was going through the single player mode and having something of a good time, something like the feeling you get knowing no matter what you do you will win. Of course, there's some fun to be had in evolving something or gaining a more powerful move. It makes the opponent's health plummet quickly, which feels good for no real reason. It's monotony, sure, but it's cleverly disguised monotony.

And then I did battle Rolken! Here's an in-depth summary.

Online play is highly tactical, and reminds you that you were just being a chump before and letting your team get by on awesome "the flashing bar goes down by so much" moments. Online opponents switch out Pokemon, and don't offer snappy punchlines to close a battle on. Online opponents talk to you. Online opponents know where you live.

You either use your current levels, a level 50 cap, or a level 100 cap. We choose the level 100 cap. It was a mistake because unevolved pokemon get dwarfed by evolved pokemon they would normally trump. My Alakazam was knocking out other pokemon for no reason. Pokemon it would otherwise never touch. I suggest the level 50 cap; it probably doesn't impose as large a statgap between evolved/unevolved pokemon.

So we started the battle, and tried talking to each other. By which I mean, Rolken tried talking and I barely said anything for fear of being called insane by other people not knowing I'm playing online. The sound quality is poor; it was static-ridden and distorted. At one point, I even heard my pokemon switching out on Rolken's speakers, but that's Rolken's fault for having his speakers on so high and is more about lag than how piss-poor the chat function is. But at least it's there.

Then we started the battle itself, and it was epic. I led with a Buizel, and Rolken came out with a Krickitot. I used swift, and he used...Fury Slash or something similair. Buizel was massacred, with almost no health left. Wanting to get a last strike in, I used Water Gun and Buizel fainted. I'm not sure on Krickitot's stats or Fury Cutter's power, but it seemed like some severe stat bumping was going on.

At this point, I switched to Alakazam. While Fury Cutter would have done massive damage, I confusioned Krickitot, and it fainted.

At this other point here, Rolken brought in his evolvedstarterwhosit, which I countered with a Luxario, which he countered with a geodude, which I countered with an Alakazam. After taking a critical hit from a move, I one hit ko'd the geodude. Stat bumping!

Rolken brought out Starly's level two form. Then I brought out Luxario. Then he switched to Budew for the type advantage. Then I used shock and got its hp down to about 1/5 with an 'it's not very effective' message. After this, I killed it with few problems.

Rolken's next move was to bring out a Luxario of his own. I used Bite, as did Rolken...and I drew the short end of the straw. His Luxario caused mine to flinch. Realizing Luxario was on the verge of fainting, I switched to Machop to counter the inevitable Bite. Machop took little damage. In the hopes of pulling a critical move on Luxario, knowing Machop would likely serve no other purpose in this battle, I used Focus. Rolken hit me with a critical shock before I managed to use Karate Chop. Machop fainted.

Lacking another special attacker with decent health and figuring that Alakazam's speed with a round of confusion would not take down Luxario, I decided to opt for Monferno. They traded blows, and Monferno defeated Luxio, at about half health.

At this point, it was 2 pokemon to 4. Rolken had only starterguy and starlyplus.

He brought in starlyplus, who took down Monferno with a critical hit of quick attack.

I used Luxario to try for the ko. It was defeated by wing attack before it used shock.

Then I tried Starly, who I figured was good for at least two turns. On the first I used double team in the off chance his attacks would miss. On the second, I used quick attack, and he used wing attack. Wing attack did not miss.

With only Alakazam left, neither of us knew what would happen. On the one hand, Alakazam did crazy damage, but on the other its defense sucked and Starlyplus was a heavy attacker. Whoever won this match up would win the battle because his starterguy wasn't in prime condition and Alakazam was faster. Wing attack was used by Starlyplus, and Confusion by Alakazam. Confusion slowly etched away starlyplus' health because of a bit of lag...and left him with 4 hp. I kid you not. Wing attack did just enough damage to get me in the red. Starlyplus used quick attack next turn, and the battle ended.

Sort of makes me wish I used Quick Attack with Starly on that last one. No idea what I was doing there.

Best. Match. Ever.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:00 am »
Bah

All of you with your friend codes and your battling.  But when my wifi works again, I'll show you!  Dunno what I'll show you, but it'll be something!  Probably after I get pal park stuff

However, until then, I'll shock you all with this info.  I...

...picked the female trainer.  You know she looks cooler.
Hi

Offline eggFL

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 01:21:32 pm »
Is she hot? I don't remember.

btw just yesterday I got this game for my nephew. =) since he wanted it.

I myself will never play Pokemon though.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 05:45:37 pm »
Here's a screencap of her from the first episode in the new season (it's the anime, but you get the idea).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:48:54 pm by Groudon »

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 11:09:28 pm »
Damn you all and your wifi and my... not wifi.

I'll just riddle you with my current team of no-time-to-play-ness. (2 Badges.)

Stunky lv15
Bronzor lv16
Budew lv19
Prinplup lv19
Luxio lv19
Murkrow lv20

I just caught Stunky and Bronzor, hence they're slightly lower than the rest. The story behind Murkrow is somewhat entertaining. (Wasted 20 damn pokeballs trying to catch one, among 3 different encounters.)

Also of note (recently boxed due to other interesting catchings):
Staravia lv19
Onix lv17
Geodude lv19

Rumor has it that we may be getting wireless over the summer (dependent, of course, on my "research" on how to avoid so-called "drive-bys"), so maybe I can join in the fun then.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline eggFL

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 11:17:26 pm »
Btw I tried setting up Wifi on his DS this evening. It didn't work, although I see no reason it shouldn't work. Is DS wifi supposed to be this finicky?

I got their router up so I just punched in the same settings into the DS, but no good.

I was thinking of getting a PS3 with wifi connection, so I hope that will work better and it's just the DS being stupid.

btw

these the trainers?
http://pokemonpalace.net/nds/diamond/images/trainers.png

hmm I guess I have to say the girl does look better.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 11:49:21 am »
Pearl: 4338 - 8972 - 7671 <_<
Name: DAN >_>

Progress: Exploring Iron Island before tackling the 6th gym

Current team:

Manaphy: Level 36
Luxray: Level 35
Alakazam: Level 35
Torterra: Level 36
Staraptor: Level 36
HM Slave Bibarel: Level 25

I also have a Fly/Defog slave Murkrow (Thanks genus!)

I demand a fight with someone
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:03:47 pm by RPG »
Did you not think I had a mind?

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 02:13:23 pm »
I'll battle you after I get a few more evolutions and catch myself a Voltorb.

No Manaphy please :<

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 02:38:42 pm »
I'll battle you whenever.  Use Manaphy, Mewtwo, Lucario, or even Magikarp.  Won't make a difference to me.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 04:04:46 pm »
fu genus you hater, Im using Manaphy, I had to earn the damn thing <_<

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 07:07:55 pm »
New post alert~

I just fought Groudon, yegads

RPG VS Groudon

Unown D Vs Empoleon

Empoleon used Surf.
Unown died.

RPG sends out Alakzam

Alakazam used Focus Blast, Empleon down to a tiny bit of red.
Surf kills Zam.

RPG sends out Staraptor

Intimidate cuts Empoleons attack

Close Combat finishes Empleon.

Groudon sends out Dialga.

Staraptor Close Combats it down to 30% HP.
Dialga Ancientpowers for a kill.

RPG sends out Luxray, Intimidate cuts Dialgas attack.

Luxray Thunder Fangs, Dialga flinches.
Luxray Thunder Fangs, Dialga is almost down.
Dialga Ancientpowers, Luxray is down to a third HP.
Thunder Fang finishes Dialga.

Groudon sends out Golem.

Luxray crunches, and takes 25% HP, Golem Magnitudes (9) and kills.

RPG Sends out Manaphy (<3)

Surf scores an easy kill

Groudon sends out Pachirisu

Manaphy surfs, and deals just over half damage.
Pachirisu shock waves for around a quarter damage.
Pachirisu Quick Attacks and deals a little damage.
Manaphy surfs and leaves it barely alive.
Another quick attack and Pachirisu is downed by Surf

Groudon sends out Starly.

Which is downed in a single surf. Manaphy enjoys its HP regain from Shell Bell.

Groudon sends out Geodude. I think you can guess how that ended <_<

Why yes, I switched to Torterra and Wood Hammer'd for kicks.

End result:

RPG - 2 0 - Groudon

Groudon dominated the fight up until I downed his Dialga, then it was a 1 sided game.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 08:00:29 pm »
just wanted to say that I got the DS wifi up.

I dont play and my nephew doesnt have any use for it, but I did it to prove I can.

^_^

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 06:44:12 pm »
I'm going to need to rework my team. Nobody there is durable, so can be beaten by a a defense oriented team. I'll replace one of the above with a Steelix after finding the metal coat. Any idea as to where one might be found?

FYI you can catch steelix in the wild.

Also, for my current stats, I'm in Hearthome and just beat my rival. I now have an Infernape ^_^

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 07:14:09 pm »
On the note of that...

I battled s&a earlier.  I expected it to be easy.  And I was right.

He started with a level 20-something Pikachu (nicknamed KikAssAchu).  I started with my level 70 Giratina (a legendary).  I used Shadow Force, where Giratina vanished.  Next turn, it attacked (and, even if the foe uses Protect or Detect, the attack can't be avoided).  Easy KO.

Next was his level 47 Palkia.  However, he named it my username Groudon199.  He got cocky, since I could hear him over voice chat.  I chose to have some fun, so I switched to Heatran, a legendary I caught earlier (still at level 70).  I used a few Scary Faces, while he used some attacks I can't remember.  I chose to end it by switching to my level 76 Empoleon.  He lol'd at it being my strongest.  With its HP low, it confused my Empoleon with Water Pulse.  He lol'd at that.  But I finished it off.  He lol'd at that as well.  To quote him from voice chat and IRC, "groudon 199 fainted".

He then sent out his Infernape (nicked Trace).  Now, I battled him yesterday, and it was at level 47.  In just one day, he leveled it from 47 to 91!  Turns out he was owning the Elite Four many times using only Infernape.  That is just sad.  He crushed my Empoleon with Focus Blast.

It was then time to break out the big guns.  I sent out my Giratina.  Over voice chat, I could hear him telling bertin (who I assume he was talking to, since I heard another voice) he didn't know what to do against it.  He had Infernape wipe it out with Blast Burn.  Barely got it down to 1/3 HP.  s&a was just shocked it wasn't very effective.  Giratina, BTW, is part Dragon-type, so it resists Fire attacks easily.  It countered with Earth Power, which chipped off a third of Infernape's HP.  Because of Blast Burn being so powerful, the user needs to recharge next turn.  I took advantage and Earth Powered it again.  With few options left, he had it try Focus Blast, which is a Fighting-type attack.  Giratina is also part Ghost-type, so it avoids damage from Fighting-type attacks.  s&a was in disbelief at this, and I finished it off with another Earth Power.

He sent out Staravia, his "Damn Bird."  While I attacked with Thunder, he told bertin he couldn't believe Blast Burn was not very effective, and Focus Blast was not effective at all.

Result:

Me - 5
s&a - 0

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 09:14:14 pm »
Now we shall spend the next hour in chat laughing at sna for his unknowledge of pokemon types.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 07:25:39 am »
I demand rolken post the summary of our battle <_<

Offline eggFL

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 08:19:45 am »
there is no strategy in Pokemon. it's just about leveling up and memorizing weaknesses

*cowers*

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 12:11:12 pm »
No it isnt.

For one you can scale the levels and put everyone on a fair footing.

Now say theres no strategy.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 12:28:33 pm »
Could you really do that?

That's pretty awesome.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 07:04:39 pm »
Yeah, were all using that for now

Offline Rolken

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 09:20:46 am »
I don't intend to ever battle without it, lol.

But yea, you can specify to force lv50 or lv100 or use your current levels.

I'll post a summary sometime when I bother to write it up properly <_<
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 12:28:24 pm »
Also, Chimchar ROXXORZ. Especially when he evolves into Monferno, and Infernape.

And this is why I don't want D/P. Those names are maximum cringe.

Yet, I want to play pogeymen with you guys. D:

NetBattle, anyone?... *shot*
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 04:22:54 pm »
Don't be a wusspants, CF. :(

Also DAMN YOU WIFI. Once I beat the e4 I want to test out my tanking Bronzong set. :(
Though I'll gladly make fun of S&A and not knowing the obvious intricacies of Ghost/Dragon types.

Here's my updated current team though:

Roselia Lv39
Bronzong Lv39
Murkrow Lv39
Luxray Lv39
Empoleon Lv38
Skuntank  Lv38(<3)

Currently training/exploring in Iron Mountain, though I could challenge Canalave Gym any time rly.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Print

Hits: 845 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.30 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.