don't click here

Welcome to the MegaMan Center~

Print

Author Topic: Welcome to the MegaMan Center~  (Read 83262 times)

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
Re: Welcome to the MegaMan Center~
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2007, 02:51:49 pm »
Man, sounds just like my original time attack train of thought before I ever even started.  This will definately limit most aspects like skipping sections, minibosses, passing through walls, and other sorts.  This is just utilizing your own methods to get through as fast as possible without taking much damage (well in the platforming magamans).  There's still a long way for me to do that sort of thing in most of these titles, but I'm up for it.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 07:34:21 pm »
Wait, I don't understand what you're talking about magnum, you are banning all glitches? TSC doesn't do that, I don't see why we should. Well, it obviously depends on the glitch, but if it's like fake walls, or something like that, it should be fair game. 
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline F-Man

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2007, 08:29:48 pm »
magnum wanted gems banned from Sonic06 at TSC, so yeah be prepared for general unfairness.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 09:27:41 pm »
Since there's no majority in support of the move (1 aye, 1 meh, and 1 nay), it shall be striken from the rules since we need a 2/3 admin majority for it to be considered fair. The next bill for TMMC rules is the issue of dark chips. Dark chips are a set of chips with extreme power with the price of permanent HP loss and possibly turning evil if used too many times (both negated by turning off the power after recording the time). Should we disallow them? Rick, since you know the later games of the series more than I do, I think you should discuss this issue before we put it to a vote. I know there was some discussion on this a long time ago.
-Come to think of it, I think we need to set a precedent for what exploits should or should not be allowed. We have two choices as to what we should do. 1. Judge with a case by case approach. 2. Judge by its potential game breaking effects on competition. For this choice we need a set standard by which we can compare. For example one standard would be to compare the exploits game breaking effect to Ultimate X Armor or TBG, something to which we all agree have real negative effects on competition.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:07:40 pm by magnum12 »
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 12:23:31 am »
having ultimate anything in whatever megaman I'm in favor for...cause I like kicking everyone's ass from playing the game so much and its relaxing actually.

I know where sonicam is coming from because it does make the games more easy.  To me though it if you want glitches and stuff in, I'd say let ultimates/armors/whatever in too.

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline sonicam

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 03:43:39 pm »
I am very firm against the use of Ultimate X and Black Zero. All you have to do is spam the Ultimate Strike (for Zero, he's just so much more godly) and you win. There is absolutely no skill involved at all. There's not stage planning, there's not jump planning, there's not Special Weapon use planning, there's nothing but you and the Z button (or whatever Giga Attack is set to). The only thing you'll have to worry about is Giga Attacking into spikes, I mean seriously.

Dark Chips, I'm not too familiar with. They are rather game breaking as I think Dark Sword does like 500 damage and it acts as a Life Sword, just not a PA. I say I'm against them, but I don't know much about the Dark Chip using Battle Network games.

Glitches, though, is fair game.

Also, it's not the fact that it makes it too easy, it takes away the skill involved in playing. You're pretty much proving nothing if you are just spamming Z. I mean, you're invulnerable, you have infinite, you move faster (I think it's the same sped as having a Speedster equipped) and it does massive damage (stfu Gerbil >_>). It's more than game breaking, heh. :x

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 09:01:37 pm »
Dark Chips, I'm not too familiar with. They are rather game breaking as I think Dark Sword does like 500 damage and it acts as a Life Sword, just not a PA. I say I'm against them, but I don't know much about the Dark Chip using Battle Network games.

Good thing I'm here then eh?

In BN4 Dark Chips were introduced to the series. The darkchips in the BN series are powerful and sometimes stronger than the average PA. However, something like that has to have a cost. When used, you lose 1hp permanantly, become glitched, and whatnot. Thus they were deemed usless by the general public because the cost was too great.

Until Soul Unisions in BN5 were re-introduced...

Here is where the problem lies. In BN5 there are things called Soul Unisions. Soul Unisions occur when you unite with a certain type of chip. Your buster is changed and you may be granted supports depending on which Soul you use. Soul Unisions are acquired when Megaman's soul communes with another navis soul. After acquiring a Soul and uniting with the chip of your choice you will enter 'Soul Unision'. Soul Unisions last three turns. The turns pass whenever you bring up the Chip Select screen. See where this is headed?

In BN5 you can unite with Dark chips and not experience those side effects but, you can only stay in there for one turn. Let's say you unite with DrkSword. Your buster is basically a LifeSwrd. 400 attack and a 2x3 attack range. One would suggest that it wouldn't be as useful as the others because you only get to keep it for one turn. Wrong. One turn only passes when you bring up the Chip Select screen. What if you never bring it up? You'll have a 400 attack buster at your disposal that will almost never miss? It will also never dissapear from your grasp. You have the power to take out a life aura in three seconds. You basically have unlimited power as your buster....

---End Wise Teachings---

That's basically what they do. My vote is to ban them from BN5. BN4 is still debatable though.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline magnum12

• TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2007, 11:51:46 am »
-My vote for banning dark chips (both games) is aye, primarily because the bad effects of dark chips are real easy to cancel out in a speed run if abused properly (turning off the game without saving after recording the time for example).
-I think we discussed Navi Gate and its effects on weakening bosses before but I'd like to review the issue again.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 10:29:47 pm »
I see you got MMX8 magnum, so how is it from your perspective?  I still plan on getting it myself one of these days.

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline magnum12

• TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2007, 12:25:32 am »
-X8 is decent but not great. Not nearly as frustrating as X-Play claims it is (check their video review for their opinion). The level design is only cheap if you try to charge through it like a crazed elephant on your first attempt. The rare metals offer some replay value as you try to find them all. In terms of balance, Zero always suffers from imbalance. At first he sucks, but when you get the right equipment, he suddenly becomes over powered. In the early game its best to play as X and Axl (go through the level with Axl first since his hover makes for great scouting). Prime Rose is a fun stage to play through. In terms of order, I recommend going through either Troja base or Metal Valley first. The Maverick bosses are rather lame but nothing beats Infinity Mijinion (what is a Mijinion anyway?) and Tornado Tonion. The VO sounds decent (some of the mavericks are stinkers while X and Zero sound good). My best advice is to invest in life ups and learn to master the tag system early as it will save you some grief (the recovery system is like Marvel vs Capcom). The special weapons and sword techs you get are pretty cool. Don't like the character models. The game would have been served better with sprites.
-The clock works differently from other Mega Man games since it stops running when you reach the boss at the end of the stage. Although this would seem to make the no ultimate armor rule useless, the two missions affected by ultimate armor are affected in a horrible (you can kill most bosses in about 3 hits with it with no effort) fashion. The alternate Zero form doesn't seem to do anything. The White Axl form possibly increases the ammo for your transformation ability.
-Overall I'd give a 7/10. Good, but not great. Still far better than X6.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2007, 10:48:21 am »
thats good to hear...maybe I will enjoy it then.

also a mijinion is a flea.

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline magnum12

• TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2007, 12:38:12 pm »
Really? Dood. That would explain why he's so annoying. Also, I found out that a Kuwanger is a roach. Good thing Capcom didnt't translate his name into the exact english translation of Kuwanger since we know what would have happened then.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007, 06:03:08 pm »
heh yeah...

Infinity Flea
Boomer Roach

>_>

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline sonicam

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2007, 12:16:38 am »
<_<

I knew all of the above, you both fail and I win.

... >_>
<_<

Eh, so yea, we need to get more people to compete here, it's not very active. :( I don't mind competing with you guys, but none of you play Zero 2. :/

Offline magnum12

• TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2007, 12:55:13 am »
Does anyone know any Mega Man fan sites. We can start getting new members by advertising our presence here. We can also announce our competitive readiness to the rest of TSC to get more players (all the games are complete).

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2007, 02:03:29 am »
Actually, in a couple days I should get Zero 2 and maybe compete within a week or so because the game is haerd :(. I can help out with getting members here methinks. X7 I'm going to start TAing so... yea. I'll see if I can get some members here and if some do agree to join I'll make them read the rules to avoid invalid runs and whatnot.

P.S I knew that before you did sonicam so all of the above fail and I win.
>_>
<_<
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2007, 10:44:10 am »
there's a bunch actually.

then again the only one I can remember is atomicfire (and I dont have the address)

they have info and artwork of every megaman game.

also dont try on gamefaqs...I tried a bit yesterday and got modded >_>

theres people on there I know will probably check it out here because on the MMAC and MMXC boards (and a little on board 8) we sorta was doing some full game TAing.  No individual levels.  Thats what kinda got me into knowing way more about the games and such...also visiting SDA and talking to sonicam and magnum.

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2007, 12:00:55 pm »
TA video for advertisement? You can recruit some guys on youtube but... most are n00bs who pretend to be pros <_<

Also, lol G-FAQs. Their mods are are toned down version of the ones on CS. An example would be when they deleted a topic because it was supposed to be on the social board. The TC complained that there was no social board but, they said it's still supposed to the social board. The mods still haven't made a social board.

Back on the issue at hand, I think I know of some places where we can get some members only thing is that everywhere we advertise might attract nubs but, that shouldn't really be a problem since you've dealt with them before.

... TSC was empty like this before...
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline sonicam

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2007, 01:04:41 pm »
Yea, advertising on other websites seems  to be a problem is it's well, advertisement, and everyone hate that. It drags people to new sites and perhaps, sometimes migrates them for good (GameFAQs to TSC ftw). That's probably going to be the real problem with that. I do know of one community I used to go to, Rockman Perfect Memories, they actually had a small competition going on, but it was like either one or two people. :/ I might try asking over there as they seemed liked a cool bunch, but i think I'll just get modded, especially since I haven't been active in like three or four months. :x

Rockman Perfect Memories: rockmanpm.com
Atomic Fire: atomic-fire.com

EDIT: Also, I have an idea. I was wondering about affiliations. If reputable websites agree to check us out, perhaps we can become affliates with them. That way, we all get promotion and it becomes easier for MegaMan fans to find both the informational sites, fan sites and heavy competition sites. That way, it can be win-win. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:13:36 pm by sonicam »

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2007, 01:15:54 pm »
Hmm... yes I know. Advertising is a problem. I think before we begin recruiting people we should maybe oh I dunno....

Get the other boards up.

No one wants to be in a place that feels empty as people would just leave making all our hard work for naught (by hard work I mean recruiting members).
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline sonicam

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2007, 01:50:35 pm »
Yea, I know, but none of us have that power yet. That's up to Rolken. He said he'd do it, but he hasn't gotten around to it yet... :/

Offline magnum12

• TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2007, 02:26:32 pm »
-Sounds like a good plan. While I'm at it I'd better revise some of the charts in Powered Up. Just realized that some of the extra missions (most true with Oil Man) rely on getting a higher time instead of a lower time. We'll also need to be briefed on how the TSC cheat detection system works. So far we've got the most important part of the site up and running, which is a good thing.
-Now would be good time to learn how to make videos for the purpose of submitting (what file type I need to make, how to upload to the computer, etc). Then I can attempt to pull of the "beat up Omega blindfolded without sub tanks, fusion elves, or weapons besides the sword" challenge again as a demonstration of what members of our site are capable of.
-Edit: Looks like the forum's up doods.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 02:39:38 pm by magnum12 »

Offline sonicam

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2007, 02:44:07 pm »
Ok, forums are now up~

Yea, some games need some work on a bit more. I'm still thinking about deleting Xtreme all together as the system of very faulty. Zero's Ultimate Mode and some general clean up needs to be attended to

Yea, that vid sounds like an awesome idea, I'm really bad with the keyboard though and I don't have any equipment for making vids on the TV. :/ I'll try to think of something though.

Offline magnum12

• TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2007, 06:17:00 pm »
Agreed with Ultimate Zero division. We'll need some delete and rename functionality in the rank items level and division sections before we can address the problem.

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2007, 08:59:47 pm »
We shouldn't start making the vid IMO because, we still need to get things finalized. Once everything is finalized I think we should start making the vid.

Also, good idea sonicam... err... which websites to affiliate with?
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline sonicam

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2007, 01:22:35 pm »
I was thinking Rockman Perfect Memories and SJ said that Atomic Fire is reputable (I think, heh). Eventually I'm going to talk to them, but it's rather disrespectful to just barge in and say, "Hey, join this site and let's team up".

Yea, in order to make everything finalized, we need the power to delete charts and things. Xtreme 1 needs to go, Game Completion levels need to go and there are duplicates around, that need to be eradicated. I'll talk to Rolk eventually and he'll probably give me the power or he'll do it when he has the time [blame Diamond and Pearl X)].

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2007, 01:44:26 pm »
glad I only did 1 stage with ultimate zero :/

if its gone thats fine with me...but I'll miss the really short charge time on weapons and some of the extra moves they gave you. (I tested out some elves and I was better off without them)

also I'm not too sure on atomic fire myself...of all the times I've been there (which was to look at official artwork), that all I saw was artwork either official or fanmade.  they had updates on the games and other info and I think a forum (very likely), but they might not be the type of site that would enjoy competition.  could still try as I haven't been there in a long time actually :/

also I too dont have any equipment to make vids myself.

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2007, 04:27:52 pm »
also not in a big rush or anything, but...Dark Necrobat isn't even in the charts for MMX5.  I tried putting it in myself and not seeing any results...wanted to see if I too can do this if needed.  So far I just put it in as a new level in the charts after Spike Rosered, but it hasn't come up yet.  So how long does it take for a site update?  Also I see that it takes more than just putting something in as a level and thinking your finished...well thats what the help topic is for :/

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline sonicam

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2007, 08:32:40 pm »
Dark Necrobat added, I don't know how I forgot him. :/

It's not enough to just add it as a Level, you need to go through Rank Items, then Rank Charts and finally Rank Links, only after Rank Links will a level be functionable.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2007, 10:08:55 pm »
oh ok...I didn't want to mess up the charts so I thought I'd ask anyway.

thanks for clearing that up

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Print

Hits: 442 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.23 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.