don't click here

Panderings and Creative Writing of Sorts

Print

Author Topic: Panderings and Creative Writing of Sorts  (Read 2794 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Panderings and Creative Writing of Sorts
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:12:44 pm »
Most of the posts on the forum are far too ambitious and revolve around getting things done. Not enough of the posts on the forum are unambitious and revolve around not getting things done.

Perhaps you are secretly a creative, imaginative, or coherent person who just pretends they are not because of your present circumstance. Perhaps you are secretly an unimaginative, uncreative, incoherent person who only acts brash to throw off suspicion that you are lackluster in character. Maybe this topic has the potential to unearth both, though the chances are some general idea of your talents would have surfaced elsewhere and this tells nobody what they didn't allready know. Either way, post any form of creative or analytical writing that would otherwise not be posted on the forum (other than fanfics, though I think this goes without saying). Freedom of expression is truly great. But it doesn't apply to fanfics. Those are the one exception to any rule about the freedom of speech.

I believe I shall post part of a creative piece that I wrote ages ago. It is of questionable quality, but still yielded an A from a teacher who refuses to give an A+ on writing assignments to anyone because 'no essay is perfect'.

The point can be made that points can't be made. I'm not sure how though. Perhaps if I knew then the paradox would blow my mind, assuming life hasn't allready.

Oh, there's more, I assure you. But this is only the hook. Whoever posts next is supposed to beg me to post the rest of my assignment. That is how hooks work. They draw the reader in by providing a scenario so outlandish that they must continue reading to have it explained. Stories without hooks fall flat because stylistic writing and lucidity never draws the reader in.

Never.

Also Kurt Vonnegut died on Tuesday, which is a shame because you probably have no idea who he is. He is the single best published author ever.

I HOPE YOU DO

Print

Hits: 72 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.