don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Megamix  (Read 204800 times)

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
Re: Sonic 1 Megamix
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2008, 05:37:57 pm »
If there ARE staff ghosts (as in, ultimate staff ghosts), they'll likely be TAS runs by Upthorn. You'll need a bit of skill to beat that. =P
Emeralds:

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2008, 09:23:16 pm »
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 10:12:48 pm by Tweaker »
Emeralds:

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2008, 09:58:41 pm »
Lol, most botched url ever. Here's the actual link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB5VtXMEMBU

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2008, 10:13:12 pm »
That was stupid. No idea why it had quotes around it.

Anyway... yeah. :P
Emeralds:

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2008, 05:09:28 am »
Oh yay the level isn't long as fuck anymore!
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Calleh

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »
Nice video!
I always hated the length of that level.  I didn't want to carry on playing as it went on and on.
Some questions:
How many characters would you actually be able to put into this game? I know theres 3 so far, but whats the max amount of playable alternatives are there?
Would it be at all possible to add a save style similar to that of sonic 3? I just think it would be quite cool is all, specially since it'd be easier to play multple saves/with different characters.  Rather then just the one save.
Knuckles, Will he be in at all?  It's probably been asked LOADS of times already though, right?
Another character question that I wish to know is: Will there be a Sonic & tails mode? Y'know where tails chases sonic and always dies?
Oh and will Mighty get his Wall jump abilty?

Also, the ghost mode looks awesome.

Thanks for the time and keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 02:46:18 pm by Calleh »

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2008, 05:48:58 pm »
Oops, forgot I didn't post this here...

Don't think. Just watch.
Emeralds:

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2008, 06:22:26 pm »
Fuck yes, I was really killing for that in the older versions.

I hope not all the levels are going to be so littered with speed-boosters, though.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2008, 06:56:24 pm »
What Crowbar said. All of the new features are great (not saying what for the sake of people having to watch it), but the level's starting to play itself sans a few jumps here and there. Otherwise, it's beautiful.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2008, 10:29:56 pm »
I actually cannot find words to put into this post, so I will post my reaction to Thorn via MSN instead.

Dan| Doing a Lets Play O: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BA4E62353E924739 | Current Status: Recording Tomorrow says:
...holy fuck @ megamix vid
Dan| Doing a Lets Play O: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BA4E62353E924739 | Current Status: Recording Tomorrow says:
I am actually -in awe- of the robotnik section
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2008, 07:56:32 pm »
Why the hell do people keep saying the levels are playing themselves? They're NOT.

Everybody's associating speed with the game playing itself now. I'm sorry, is this something you're not used to? Actual manageable speed in in a Sonic game? Level flow that makes sense? What? Believe me, folks, it's real, but it's not nearly as retarded as you like to tell yourselves it is.
Emeralds:

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2008, 09:11:02 pm »
HOLY JESUS FUCK THAT BOSS IS FUCKING AWESOME.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2008, 09:26:29 pm »
Dude, calm down. You're getting largely very positive feedback.

My personal concern was actually more to do with the fact that Dark Fortress used to be one of the more slow-paced levels, but now it has more of an emphasis on speed than it did before (maybe not so much in comparison to, say, Starry Night Zone, but you get my drift), and I'm concerned that this may be becoming the case across the whole game. I have no idea, of course, if this true, but personally I'd prefer to have a mix of slow and fast levels for the sake of variety (yes I know Rush and SRA do not have this and yet I like both, hush). However, if that's not the direction the game is now taking I shan't kick up a fuss.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2008, 07:39:21 am »
Why the hell do people keep saying the levels are playing themselves? They're NOT.

Everybody's associating speed with the game playing itself now. I'm sorry, is this something you're not used to? Actual manageable speed in in a Sonic game? Level flow that makes sense? What? Believe me, folks, it's real, but it's not nearly as retarded as you like to tell yourselves it is.
In the old Sonic games you were fast if you knew how to exploit the speedcap, how to bump off enemies, etc. Here it seems as though it's all those fucking speedboosters and spring setups that make you go fast.

Offline Antronach

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2008, 01:23:34 am »
The voice when you get to the boss arena was extremely gay and what P.P.A. said too.
Quote from: Emma Lover
Solution? Live with it.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2008, 08:06:30 am »
Cant remember if anyone mentioned this before, but if you actually paid attention to the video you can clearly see a number of alternate routes Tweaker opted not to take instead of the speedy ones
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2008, 05:04:12 pm »
Emeralds:

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2008, 01:16:26 am »
Got a random question.

Why is the final boss so piss easy?

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2008, 09:13:37 pm »
Okay, got a chance to play it.

Aw man, gutted to find out that only the first two levels have any changes from the last build. The new designs are really, really good. Also sad to see that the act 4s hinted at by the sound test aren't there either (especially since the Wily Fortress theme from Megaman 2 was remixed for one of them). It's a real shame, this would've been absolutely incredible if it'd been completed to the standard of the first two levels.

Also seconding a "wtf?" for the one-hit end boss.

I do love that we've at least got that sound test, though. In particular the inclusion of a rendition of Little Planet from Sonic CD.

I'll still burn it to a CD, and will enjoy playing it on an actual console.

[EDIT] Oh, I was also glad to see that Shadow's running animation was improved.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:20:14 pm by Crowbar »

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2008, 02:15:32 am »
Tweaker said that Debug(haven't confirmed this) and Level Select still work and the codes are maintained from Sonic 1; you can access Act 4 though there. Although, I wouldn't recommend it with the last three levels because they are incomplete. I'd suggest debug with Misty Maze as it's an entirely new level whereas Starry Night and Metallic Base send you to an odd location from a previous level.

Also, by pressing button C when you select your game you will be sent over to Time Attack mode. I don't know if ghosts work, though as none seem to appear at all. There is also an Extra Mode available, but i'm not sure how to access that.

Holding button Right when the game starts will show you your BRAM data

More stuff taken form Retro's forum.

Tweaker:
First byte is zone/act—first nybble is zone, second is act. I forget what the second byte does... 3rd one is number of lives, I forget the 4th one, and the last byte is number of emeralds. Then the long after that is score.

--

Stuff intended for Megamix:

Tweaker:
An alternative soundtrack mode (using CDDA), brand new zones, fully revamped art for each zone, fully revamped layouts, methods of unlocking characters, a bonus stage and two new special stage engines, an epic final boss, at least 3 more original zone bosses, a new character select and save management screen, a time attack screen, a boss attack, ghosts for each level, a potential two player mode...

Hell, there was tons of shit I wanted us to add. And we had the skill to pull if all off, too! That's one of the reasons this whole situation is so unfortunate. :\

-

Tweaker:
Yeah, he was. Have you ever played Kirby & The Amazing Mirror? If so, imagine Knuckles using the Fighter copy ability and you have a general idea of how I wanted him to play. =P

Knuckles' Super ability was meant to be a homing glide, which is like the homing attack, but... you know, a glide.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2008, 03:39:30 am »
There is also an Extra Mode available, but i'm not sure how to access that.

I think you need to finish the game with all the Emeralds to unlock it the proper way.  The other way is to set "Extra" on the level select screen to "Y"

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2008, 05:28:43 am »
Oooh, thanks ChaosRC.

Yes, Extra mode is indeed accessed by completing the game with all Emeralds. You really should've known that from the previous release.

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2008, 07:01:43 pm »
You really should've known that from the previous release.

I never even got past level five from the previous release. :D

I did play the 3.5 ver. that was leaked right before it was taken out when I decided to lurk through the forum. Passed it with all emeralds and characters too. :o Dark Fortress is the only one that stands out as different. I somewhat appreciate those layouts more, even though it still looks and acts like Marble Zone still. I guess it did change again for the better with a speedy idea in mind.

Also, which emulator supports savestates for Sega CD? I've been using Kega_Fusion (don't know which version, it's not the most recent one I know that). The game doesn't save and I passed it with Tails and all emeralds so I can't access Extra Mode through regular means. I don't have a Sega CD either so I can't test it on hardware.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2008, 07:57:47 pm »
Gens and Gens+ support savestates (at least Gens 10 does, which is all I've been using).

edit: If you choose "REZ" on the level select screen, you can play on the Test Zone :o

also Knuckles breaks the credits
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 08:09:02 pm by Groudon »

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2008, 09:00:04 pm »
The game freezes when I leave a special stage with Tails. It happens while playing the original levels.

Offline MechaAshura

• Can't use any of the xm#smps worth... you know
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie7
  • Whee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2008, 03:28:23 am »
It also supports Fusion! but the US version isn't working... wierd and it just resets in the European version if i play a sp. stage w/ tails w/o the debug maybe it was a programming error someone made?

EDIT: the only other problem is there's sometimes a bug in the loops occasionally you can't get through a loop in starry might or sunny shores. if that happens just back track a little bit then run thriugh again
But i did like the test zone and how all items were side by side
note:(i only use debug for videos of S1MM)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 01:43:46 pm by MechaAshura »
...sig? what sig?

Offline MechaAshura

• TSC Profile
  • winvista msie7
  • Whee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »
Srry to double post but tweaker should get working on the second megamix... he already has the build and i have a clip of it
...sig? what sig?

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2008, 08:57:37 pm »
^Four problems:

1. Sonic 2 Megamix's last release is *years* old. It's not being worked on anymore.
2. Insult me over PM again and I've a mind to cut you while you sleep. >_>
3. Nobody can view that file you posted without the actual ROM. If somebody has the ROM, they'd look for themselves. So, what was the point of that?
4. See #2.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline MechaAshura

• TSC Profile
  • winvista msie7
  • Whee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2008, 09:07:44 pm »
I'm too impulsive...

but i do hope one day they revive Sonic Megamix 2 It had such potential and about 2... i should not have typed so impulsively now i feel like i need to keep a rifle next to my bed
...sig? what sig?

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2008, 06:42:48 am »
Just stop posting, please.

Print

Hits: 564 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.26 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.