don't click here

PGC/MGC

Print

Author Topic: PGC/MGC  (Read 106999 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

Re: PGC/MGC
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2007, 05:55:30 pm »
This is ridiculous... <_<
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2007, 02:33:03 pm »
Anybody out there.. srsly?
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2007, 08:15:13 pm »
Frustration ftw! <_<
Wiiloveit

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2007, 09:05:24 pm »
One of the main reasons (I believe) this isn't moving along very well is because most party games have quite a few random variables, and many mini-games just consist of pressing a button rapidly, which can easily be measured by other games and methods. Many of these games are more designed for parties than anything else. It also seems a bit strange to compete in only a couple of the mini-games that would be applicable on any given game, due to it's being relatively inconvenient. This would discourage most potential competitors from even bothering with it. I think Sonic Olympics will likely be a game that could be measured and competed in accurately, but if that's the case, another site will likely quickly take it up.

In terms of forum board construction, it looks okay. I'll have to honestly say I don't think the main concept of the site has much of a chance of getting off the ground at this point, though...
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2007, 08:25:34 am »
I cant tell you how much I appreciate your post.

I cant give an update/indepth post now as I'm on the Wii [just got the I.Ch.] but expect an update/post...
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2007, 02:55:59 pm »
OK. On the Wii for this one again... I'm posting my message bit-by-bit as my connection's not the most stable. In any case, I'll signify when I'm actually done my post.

edit1: First, it's not "inconvenient" when there are modes designed for selecting individual mini-games. Also, if you feel that MSatOG will be measured accurately, Rayman Raving Rabbids and WarioWare would fall under that [and yes, I am excluding the rest - Shuffle, SatSR and almost all M.Party's wouldn't go by what you're stating.]

Anyway, here's the meat of my post:

You brought out a good point: I think ppl are thinking that the subsite is all about minigames that require button-mashing and/or little-to-no skill. The focus is much more narrow than that but more importantly, the specific m-games I've isolated DO require skill, accuracy/precision and (much) effort to obtain/beat a good record.

Button-mashers DO NOT qualify as being competitive which is why I eliminated them somewhere down the road. Same goes for games where theres a randomness variable that determines your success at obtaining a good score.

But, just in case, last night, I performed one final close examination at all games I'm adding and their respective mini-games. What should be first noted is the amount of m-games per game that have been decided as being worthy of gaining a place on the sub-site:
-MP6: 13
-MP7: 9
-SatSR: 9 (After what A-Man said, more than 10 were scrapped)
-Shuffle: 28
-WarioWare SM: 22
-Rayman: 44
-MP8: 21
-MP1: 8

Those were the games I reexamined. I decided to remove Fuzion Frenzy due to lack of compelling competition.

Otherwise, things ARE finalized and as a reminder, all the games that'll be added (after forethought and extended consideration) are as follows:
-Mario Party 1-8, Advance
-WarioWare Series (ALL: GBA/GC/Wii/DS)
-Rayman Raving Rabbids [most competitive]
-SatSR
-Shuffle
TOTAL: 17
+ 3 Later additions:
-Mario Party DS
-MSatOG: I have high hopes for this as far as competition
-RaymanRR 2: will be quite competitive if anything like the original

If that doesnt clear things up... I dunno. What I DO know is that no other game (without a really good reason) will be removed and the div's are now truly finalized after one final look-over.

If anyone's out there (preferably a(n) mod/admin), I hope this clears up any misconceptions and that people will give this a chance - that's what I'm really asking for.

...Yeah, I'm done (but I cut off a bit about removed div's).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:35:46 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

PGC: MSOG
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2007, 02:41:49 pm »
It's beyond obvious that Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games WILL be added.

So, who here has the game so far? I plan on getting it once it goes down to 39.99. (Oh, btw, CDN prices at Best Buy, Future Shop and Wal-Mart are FINALLY on-par w/ US!!! No more 59.00-new releases... ftw...)

Anyway, when I get it, competition info will go up.
Until then, though, anyone care to assist?

Also, Rayman 2 FINALLY releases this week. I can't wait! Again, that will be added too, followed by Mario Party DS next week as well..

Ahem* not to hint that this should go up or anything....

But I'm not only patient, I'm very determined even for something like this.

Also, I'm contemplating the removal of SatSR.
The sub-site is meant for games that are only TRULY competitive. As such, SatSR isn't THAT competitive if competition were to start for that game.

All the other games (which I'll further elaborate on in a bit) are TRULY competitive, as hard as it is for some of you to believe... >_>

On that note, I'm also contemplating a removal of the Mario Party games... POSSIBLY. If people are so unsure of the amount/level of competition that is to be had here, Mario Party may be obscuring your viewpoint a little. I've done my best to select only the mini-games that truly have a level of competition and would require excess effort - which is what I've done with everything in case you hadn't notice, which is probably the case anyway.

Rayman Raving Rabbids (1 and 2), the WarioWare series, and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ARE competitive - there's no doubt.. or at least there SHOULD be no doubt...

Mario Party, and Shuffle may make it in because they do display level of competition, don't get me wrong; but the level of competition isn't AS strong as it is with the other 4 games and that may be the reason why I'm not getting the go-aheads on this for whatever reason... It seems like I'm going to have to appeal to the wishes of whomever can grant approval, forsaking my own personal beliefs about the level of competition in certain games, in order for this to go up...

As for SatSR... well.. there ARE competitive games that almost match up with Rayman (such as the Carpet one), but on a general level, it's not filled with competition as the other games are.

I'm debating about M-Party and Shuffle, really. I think SatSR won't make it in unless SOMEONE displays an interest in it going up.. which I doubt considering the circumstances.

I'm really stuck in that I don't know what else to do to show that I am visibly ready, not to mention capable of executing this sub-site. I really fail to see why I've been given the cold shoulder here when the other sub-sites aren't exactly generating a lot of competitiors either. Don't quote me on that, though. But, srsly, I really don't know what else to do... I'm ready, as I have been for quite some time. I just can't see why approval won't be granted.

Oh, and before a debate ensues, MSOG really IS a party game by nature. No doubt. To see it go up on the main site wouldn't feel right, IMO, esp. since I'm trying to work on this sub-site that would encompass such a game. It would also look strange that MSOG goes up, meanwhile SatSR and Shuffle are still absent.

But I digress... I'm rambling on a bit.
Main point: Approval, please. That's all. Especially w/ MSOG's release as well as RRR2's upcoming release, it should be no doubt now that this should go up.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 03:01:50 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2007, 06:54:06 pm »
In need of an update...
RRR2 and MSOG divisions will be listed next time.

RRR2 is quite competitive, BTW. On par w/ MSOG but the original is probably the most competitive of all the games.
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2007, 09:14:09 pm »
Divs lists coming after I type them up on my spare or s'thing I guess.

MSOG and RRR2 will definitely be added.

Ive decided to remove the MP series for now until further notice. Im questioning the competition of a lot of the games and if its really worth adding a (in some cases: small) # of games that are. MPDS and MP8 are the most competitive, but not b/c theyre the most recent additions. (BTW, MPDS has great minigames. One/two are the best mgs EVER in a MP!! :o)

Anyway. The TRULY FINAL LIST. That is, <<si tu t'en fiche>>. (If you care.)

WarioWare (SM, MPG, MMG, TWSTD, TCHD)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (1/2)
Mario/Sonic Olympics
=Only 8 games

Ive come a REALLY long way. Its been rough for me but Im still willing and devoted to get this going. :)

As a certain character would say (CF, ReBoot reference FTW!):
" [My function is complete.] Now, it is only a matter of time..."

And yeah, Im still doing this from my trusty Wii.
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2007, 06:02:19 pm »
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

Header: Challenges
*TRIPS*
U.S.A
South America
Europe
Asia Tropics
TOTAL

Header: Scores
Are We There Yet?
Spitter Sells
Singing in the Rain
American Football
Spider Rabbid
Dial R for Rabbid
Papa’s Got…
Ice on Ice
Snake Charmer
Little Chemist
Burp
Chess
Burgerinni
Satisfaction
Rodeo
Timber
Bumper Cars
Rolling Stone
Burgeritos
O.K. Corral
Yummy Butterflies
Celebration
Baseball
Laundry
Plumber Rabbids
Spicy Chicken
The China House
Smoke on the Water
Snail Race
Voodoo Rabbids
Trash Race
Swimsuit Edition
Dizzy Race
Teenager in Love
Funky Town
*BUNNY HUNTS*
Big City Fights
Greatest Hits
Paris, Mon Amour
Year of the Rabbid
Paris, Pour Toujours
TOTAL (All Scores)

The following will not be added for one reason or another:
* Anesthetics – not a measure of true skill
* Usual Rabbids – not a measure of true skill
* Bike Race – not a measure of true skill
* Photo Booth – not a measure of true skill
* Fart Wars – max of 16000
* The Office – not a measure of true skill
* Rabbid School – not a measure of true skill
* Shopping Cart Downhill – not a measure of true skill
* Hot Cake – not a measure of true skill, max
* RRR Xtreme Beach Volley – max

I’m actually 2nd WORLD WIDE for one of the games. My second best is 4th WORLDWIDE for one game where I’m off from the Top3 by only 1 POINT!! >:(

I have more accomplishments but I imagine some could care less anyway.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Header: Times
100m Dash
400m Dash
4 x 100m Relay
110m Hurdles
400m Hurdles
100m Freestyle Aquatics
4 x 100m Freestyle Aquatics
Rowing – Single Sculls
Dream Race
TOTAL

Header: Scores
Long Jump
Triple Jump
Hammer Throw
Javelin Throw
Archery
Dream Platform

I am COMPLETELY done. Final list, for the sake of emphasis, again is:
1. Rayman Raving Rabbids
2. Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
3. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
4. WarioWare Smooth Moves
5. WarioWare Twisted
6. WarioWare MegaMicroGame$/MegaPartyGame$

There's a list of other games that MAY get added down the road if interest is shown and/or if competition can be accurately evaluated as much as it has been with the above 6. Examples are the Mario Party series (has highest chance of getting added after these 6 if interest is shown), and WarioWare Touched (competition needs to be evaluated).

I leave it to you, then...
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2007, 04:39:08 pm »
Here we go again. I'm completely done.
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2007, 08:56:21 am »
Bumped... yet again. There's a shocker.
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2008, 09:26:37 am »
*ks8 bumps the thread somewhat tirelessly*

(Sigh)
Well, with the New Year, sometimes comes New Year's Resolutions.
Let's hope for someone "of seniority", that means being more receptive to the opinions and ideas of community members and not being lazy.
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2008, 05:44:37 pm »
GS, if you added Mario, could you at least take a gander at my proposal. At least someone's being productive.
Wiiloveit

Print

Hits: 290 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.