don't click here

PGC/MGC

Print

Author Topic: PGC/MGC  (Read 107007 times)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: PGC/MGC
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 10:48:33 pm »
I just can't see there being more than five players on any of the games you've picked. That's where I'm coming from.

<3 Thorn.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 11:11:34 am »
Uh... did you even LOOK at the top games on the list...

And anyway, that's never stopped you guys from adding other games if they were competitive enough. I still fail to see the ''reasoning'', as that seems to be a major reason why you won't allow me to press forward.

edit: Any other suggestions for why you'd not allow me to continue would be appreciated I guess. What's more pressing for me, though, is, I'd like to know which games on the list do you feel should not be added and explain why not. Then THAT would help me see where you're coming from.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:46:24 am by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 01:13:15 pm »
How many people do you think own Happy Feet I mean srsly.

As is my understanding a lot of those games don't save records either, which as far as I'm concerned is unacceptable in this day and age.

And then there's the fact that minigames, by their very nature, are not good candidates for competition anyway. Many of them are open to exploitation of dummy players or easily maxable (honourable mention goes to DK64 here for being neither of the above and still awesome), one of which is hard to prove against and the other not worth proving.

Add to the fact that you specifically went against the subsite guidelines, and that's why I say this shouldn't go ahead.

<3 Thorn.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2007, 03:24:10 pm »
How many people do you think own Happy Feet I mean srsly.

As is my understanding a lot of those games don't save records either, which as far as I'm concerned is unacceptable in this day and age.

And then there's the fact that minigames, by their very nature, are not good candidates for competition anyway. Many of them are open to exploitation of dummy players or easily maxable (honourable mention goes to DK64 here for being neither of the above and still awesome), one of which is hard to prove against and the other not worth proving.

Add to the fact that you specifically went against the subsite guidelines, and that's why I say this shouldn't go ahead.

Thank you for finally clearing that up! That REALLY helps me.

First off, you're right about Happy Feet wihch is why I placed it was last on the list but you know what, I'm not gonna bother anymore.

Second, I'll tell you which ones keep records and which ones don't to clear up things:

Rayman Raving Rabbids (Y)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Y)
Super Paper Mario (Y)
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Y)
Fuzion Frenzy (N)
Sonic Shuffle (N)
Mairo Party 7 (Y)
Mario Party 6 (Y)
Mario Party 1 (Y)
Madagascar (Y)
SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, PANTS! (Y)
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie – GBA (N)
Super Mario 64 DS (Y)
New Super Mario Bros.??  (Y)
Mario Power Tennis??  (Y)
Barnyard (Y - in Story Mode)
Mario Party 2 (Y)
Mario Party 3 (Y)
Mario Party 4 (Y)
Mario Party 5 (Y)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (Y)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (Y)
DK64 (Y)
The Bible Game (Y)
Happy Feet (Yes, if it was going to be added)

mike, majority ARE recorded... Like I said, I've thought about this as well.

Regarding the ones for candidates for competition, I've evaluated almost all games.

I'm going to re-evaluate all games I can right now on the charts to see if they're worthwhile...
(BTW, are you for or against DK64? I got a little confused with you calling it an "honourable mention")

EDITED (Re-looked at all charts with a changed perspective):

Checklist:
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Verdict: All on list are EXCELLENT competition candidates. I was thinking of adding Bunnies Can't Jump - Part 2 back but I've now decided not to (despite the fact that a few days ago I finally got 1000/1000 for that game...) Best for competition no doubt.

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Verdict: Removing: FINAL X ADVENTURE (if people want it back, I'll add it; is there a max of 40? If not, then we can proceed with it); Whack! Giant Stakes/Whack! Hatchet (somewhat-easily maxable; both me and friend go 24 on Giant Stakes; 25 was my best for Hatchet), Row! Canoe Salvage/Shine on! Kri Ma Djinn/Sink em! Pirate Ship (pretty low scores: Salvage - 18; Shine - 16; Pirate Ship - 15), Seek! Edge Race (max: 0:34 - my best; second best was 0:35 which I got like so many times.)

Super Paper Mario
Verdict: Yep. Everything's okay. I've decided to remove "Forget Me Not" though.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Verdict: Fine.

Fuzion Frenzy
Verdict: Removing: Bumper Race, Roller Ruckus (somewhat-easily maxable), Water Gate Scramble (no sense in having one game for times especially when it's not extremely competitive as the others...), Erodeo (forgot game ends once you or COM's fall off)

Sonic Shuffle
Verdict: Not adding: Sonic Slot, Sonic the Thief anymore. Sorry Thorn. :P Everything else is fine.

Mario Party 7
Verdict: Removing: Royal Rumpus, Real Smoothie, Helipopper, Gimme a Brake/Clock Watchers (Proximity games are all being removed)

Mario Party 6
Verdict: Boonanza!, Dunk Bros (all), Lunar-tics (Proximity games are all being removed)

Mario Party 1
Verdict: Removing: Whack-a-Plant (already discussed), Face Lift, and Crazy Cutters

Madagascar
Verdict: Two challenges will be removed and won't be added.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, PANTS! - GC/Xbox/PS2
Verdict: Removing, will not add - Flippin' Out (record still recorded if you play with a human player), Machine Meltdown, Rubble Rabble (both Easy and Hard; record still recorded if you play with a human player),?  The Bouncers, Blisterin' Barnacles (170 max but it's difficult to obtain; still to avoid disputes...) Flingin' & Swingin' (1000 max but it's hard to attain. I've gotten it, ftr)

SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, PANTS! - GBA
Verdict: Removing game period. Only a couple of competitive games of the ones on chart that would be really competitive.

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie – GBA
Verdict: Fine. (Was debating if I should add or not... It's fairly low on the list so I got time to think.)

Super Mario 64 DS
Verdict: Everything's fine.

New Super Mario Bros.
Verdict: Everything's fine.

Mario Power Tennis

Barnyard
Verdict: Not adding: Barnyard Darts, Classic and Barnyard Pool (thought I removed these), Chasing Chicks (both),? 
Most Competitive Game, ftr: Gopher Golf

Mario Party 2
Verdict: Face Lift, Crazy Cutters, Tim Bomb (Proximity games are all being removed)

Mario Party 3

Mario Party 4
Verdict: Not adding: Trace Race (same as Crazy Cutters, the rule I'm going against anyway), Darts of Doom, Manta Rings, Three Throw, Butterfly Blitz

Mario Party 5
Verdict: Dinger Derby won't be added.

Donkey Kong Country 2

Donkey Kong Country 3
Verdict: Removing entire game... Sorry DK.

DK64
Verdict: Seems fine. Mike, got something to add? Maybe remove Jetpac?

The Bible Game

Happy Feet - >_<

So, mike, Rolken, did that clear up everything. Mike, I thank you very much for your help. It's really assisted me... I think I'm really ready now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:58:15 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 07:46:06 pm »
Er... I should've pointed out something else earlier :x

I used to compete in Mario Party over at N64 High Scores and the differences between PAL and NTSC times are quite blatant - this also applies to Parties 2 and 3. Any games before the GC/PS2/Xbox era could have this issue too - just be aware of it.

<3 Thorn.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 07:47:59 pm »
Thanks. Same goes on on EliteScores for Monkey Ball....

So, am I being given adminship now?
edit: Well? If I could at least know, that would put me a little more at ease than I am...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 03:13:22 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 01:07:49 pm »
Still waiting...?
Wiiloveit

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 08:13:56 am »
I don't have the power to make that decision.

<3 Thorn.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2007, 12:04:57 am »
I don't think anyone is going to compete in Spongebob Squarepants, seriously. That's pretty degrading to TSC.

"New Champion: sonicam is now champion of Spongebob Squarepants! Congratulations!!" o_o

The main problem with a lot of those games is that no one would play them, and if they do, by some weird reason have them, they don't play them for competition. They probably only play them for fun, or if they enjoyed the movie/series, or what ever. I'm almost positive you won't have more than 2 players (including you) for Spongebob, Barnyard, etc.
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2007, 06:53:09 am »
Have to say I agree with sonicam and mike
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2007, 12:23:56 pm »
Lol. I see where you're coming from. In that case, then... a revised list, once again:

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Super Paper Mario

Fuzion Frenzy

Sonic Shuffle

Mario Party 7

Mario Party 6

Mario Party 1

Madagascar

SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, PANTS! - GC/Xbox/PS2 (Was a tough decision..)

Super Mario 64 DS

New Super Mario Bros.

Mario Power Tennis

Barnyard

Mario Party 2

Mario Party 3

Mario Party 4

Mario Party 5

Donkey Kong Country 2

DK64

The Bible Game

:If people want the striked-through games later, and there's demand, then I'll add them. Otherwise...
But I STILL would like adminship as there will be no more revisions to the list with the exception of DK64 or something.

I'm dying to add Rayman...
I want to add Rayman way more than Shuffle now...

Please, adminship...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:16:34 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline Rolken

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2007, 02:51:02 pm »
I doubt the potential for this concept to succeed. Demonstrate that there are people who want to compete, either by asking people in other communities or getting people to show up here and say they want to compete or somesuch; there doesn't seem to be much interest from TSC folk.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2007, 03:21:40 pm »
THEN will I be granted adminship?
Wiiloveit

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2007, 03:39:57 pm »
I might compete in the Mario Party games on a casual level but not sure about on a serious level.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2007, 08:58:49 am »
It's possible. There's a lot of considerations, as you're violating almost every guideline I gave; you're doing it on your own, you don't have much general support, you're doing a genre-wide concept, you may be treading on EliteScores' ground, you don't know the games very well, there's no competition viability established for most of them, there's no plans for the site appearance or community, and you're not really dedicated to it specifically. The more of those questions you're able to resolve, the better your chances will be. Cutting off the worst of the game list is a start, but it's not enough.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2007, 03:55:42 pm »
...you're doing a genre-wide concept, you may be treading on EliteScores' ground, you don't know the games very well, there's no competition viability established for most of them, there's no plans for the site appearance or community, and you're not really dedicated to it specifically. The more of those questions you're able to resolve, the better your chances will be. Cutting off the worst of the game list is a start, but it's not enough.

(1) I tried avoiding that approach and was rejected so whatever... And recall that I did suggest other things too but everything was rejected as well... (sigh)
(2) I can't believe you guys still think I'm ignorant. ALL THE GAMES ON THE LIST I HAVE STRONG FAMILIARITY WITH. Geez. What part of that whole phrase do any of you NOT comprehend?
(3) I have tried doing things for the so-called community/site appearance but it's been kinda hard since I don't even have adminship (I know I'm supposed to do it before but it's kinda hard when I don't have many helpers...). Also, even before I came to TSC, some of the games on the list (and Blinx especially) had people who had the notion of competing for records.
(4) How am I not dedicated to it...?! I've eben wanting to do this for more than a year!

I just think you guys don't want me to establish this sub-site at all since it's supposedly going to "downgrade TSC". Well, whatever. Then just say that instead of coming up with all these lame comments that make clear to me that you're more considered about the site image than anything else.

I can't rely on TSC, obviously, to fulfill ANY of my wishes. I mean, c'mon. Not even Megaman Center was harassed this much. There may have been details, yaddyaddayadda, whatever, but that's besides the point.

I'm just getting really fed up. I've been wanting to do this for the longest time and I evne created a site to do so but I couldn't get the interest past friends and family.

I highly doubt you guys would want to see my Elebits/Blinx/Hatcher, whatever you wanna call them (probably wouldn't call them centers but whatever) up either since it will supposedly 'destroy the image of TSC'. I'm not putting myself through all of this when I'm never going to even attain adminship anyway.

Here's what I TRIED to send out there, not like any of you actually give anyway:
"I'm thinking of adding (insert game name here) divisions for competition for Best Records over on TSC (www.soniccenter.org) by way of a sub-site. Would anyone be interested in competing for high-scores with other users there?

If so, please sign here so I can prove to the administrators that there is interest for this game to be added and for my sub-site to become established.

The thread can be found here (check the last page for the final list of all games that have been chosen to be added): http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php?topic=2247.0

If you are interested, other games (some may not be added unless interest is shown) where there are instances of competition-potential via mini-games are:

Rayman Raving Rabbids (Definitely will be added)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Will be added)
Fuzion Frenzy
Sonic Shuffle
Mario Party 7
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 1
Madagascar
SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, PANTS! - GC/Xbox/PS2
Super Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Power Tennis
Barnyard
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 5
Donkey Kong Country 2
DK64
The Bible Game
Happy Feet

If you are interested in (insert game name here) records, please sign here. For further questions, refer to the thread. If you are interested in competing for records on ANY other games on the list, PLEASE indicate which ones so I can show this to the administrators and we can get rolling for competition. Thank you."

Just seeing the words "it's possible" after having to do so much already and been waiting so long just to have my wishes realized, it's not worth all the trouble if in the end, you're just going to shoot me down even more.

And with that, I'll be banned but whatever. I won't be like Groudon and run away (had to insert SOME humor in here I guess...). I'm standing my ground.
Wiiloveit

Offline Rolken

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2007, 04:41:41 pm »
I can't rely on TSC, obviously, to fulfill ANY of my wishes. I mean, c'mon. Not even Megaman Center was harassed this much. There may have been details, yaddyaddayadda, whatever, but that's besides the point.
This is nonsense; the details are -entirely- the point. You're just whining because I won't give you what you want and let you see for yourself that it doesn't work.

Re: your points. You intend to make like five different sites; that by definition pretty much means you're not dedicated to any one of them. You say you have strong familiarity, but earlier you were saying you didn't know some of the games really at all. And you can't complain that you don't have helpers, because that was one of the things I cited that you should have when starting a site - it's yet another problem, not an excuse.

Ultimately, I'm only here to help you insofar as what you intend to do is productive in the broader gaming competition community. So far you have not done very well to present that case, and throwing a tantrum and getting dramatic when I note problems in your setup that are pretty universally recognized just makes you seem immature to boot. The majority of sites never manage to achieve popularity, and that is critical for a competition site. If you don't have any interest in demonstrating that you can surmount those odds, I don't have any interest in helping you fail.

So bottom line, I don't think you can hack it as an admin. Call back if/when you're ready to prove that you can.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2007, 04:53:18 pm »
You're right about the tantrum and I apologize. I just REALLY needed to blow off some steam..

And how ironic was that (Re: your first sentence)? XD

Anyway, just please do not site those other examples (of games I didn't know), PLEASE. Those were SUGGESTIONS if anyone else had the game. And you fail to realize I have a strong familiarity with all the other games but anyway...

What you say has a lot of truth to it (although the fact about "five different sites", I could easily get upset over that but I'm already in deep water as it is) and although I do feel capable as an admin (not like any other of my centers - other than Blinx - stands a chance since I'm stuck in the dirt with those), the popularity issue DOES need to be addressed. Which is why I've decided to stick this through and concentrate on getting names to show that there is interest.

I would like to start here. Anyone here would be actually interested in competing in ANY of the games listed on the final list at all, please post and let me know.

NAMES LIST:
TSC:
*ks8
*Marth

Other Communities:

Support for Other Centers:
*That being Blinx and Elebits.

Thanks Rolken. And I'm sorry. Like I said, I just really need to blow some steam. I've come this far, and "whining" and getting frustrated isn't going to help me. I may as well stick it through as I have a small chance of actually getting this up and running which pleases me greatly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:47:15 am by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2007, 09:57:49 pm »
Restating for convenience: I have Mario Parties 1, 2, 3, and 6, and Sonic Shuffle.
I can borrow Mario Party 5. I support MP6, and maybe/probably the other Mario Parties
(especially 2). Not sure about Sonic Shuffle.

Other: I have Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Donkey Kong Country 2,
Donkey Kong 64, and Mario Power Tennis. I'll probably submit a few DK64 scores,
and maybe DKC2.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2007, 11:47:37 am »
Thanks Marth. Sonicam, should I add you too?

edit:
Two new vouchers whom are not TSC'ers:

"Jack Black" - through GMail
"Tweester" - GameFAQS
"SuperZambezi" - GameFAQS
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:05:21 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2007, 03:20:27 pm »
The only games I would play is Mario Party, but then again, I don't want to hate it since I do play that on occasion with friends, so I dunno...

Another problem is that it's really only YOU that want the MGC. Only you and Marth are really showing interest. Many of these games won't be competed in at all, I can assure you. I know it's difficult to gather members, but if you want it to work you have to. Even people just from TSC probably won't be enough. I'm having that problem with TMMC, it's only us four. but I'm going to try branching out and maybe form affiliations. You should do that too with dedicated Mario fans (and SpongeBob if you are dead serious about adding that game). I think I might speak for all of TSC, as concurring with saying that the main reasons for being skeptical and hesitant about adding MGC is the all around games (no core game), no one really interested accept yourself, TSC degradation. I think I can guareentee that SpongeBob and The Bible Game will NEVER be hosted at TSC. Please revise the list again, and find more dedicated/ decent people. Many people from GameFAQs really don't fit that description at all. :/
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2007, 05:58:27 pm »
Yeah, I gave up on TSC a while ago. And if I can't turn to GFAQS, then...
(Sigh)

Well anyway, I removed all SpongeBob games except Lights, Camera, Pants and I was only keeping it since it sthad quite a bit of competition potential but if people think it's going to damage TSC's rep then I won't add it. I thought I removed the Bible Game but I guess you saw the list I sent to people over on GFAQS that listed it. But anyway, it's gone so don't worry about that.

And yeah, of course it's only ME, I've been planning this for a while. And I already mentioned the fact that it will supposedly "destroy TSC's reputation" a while back so don't remind me...

Look, all I REALLY care about are the games towards the top of the list!

Rayman Raving Rabbids
Super Paper Mario
Fuzion Frenzy
Sonic Shuffle
Mario Party 7
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 1
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 5
And I'm adding Mario Party 8 as well.

I mostly want to BADLY add Rayman and Shuffle and the Mario Party games (and maybe Fuzion). If I had to scrap everything else, then I'd have no problem with that, honestly! Only the above games I really care about.

Rayman I'm sure will have people as it's sold so many copies and it's appealed to such a wide audience and the game is VERY competitive. Have you seen the online forums? A lot of people compete regularly unofficially, without ranking tables. Just in thread forms. I REALLY would feel that I should add Rayman if anything else.

But I mean it, only Rayman, Shuffle, SatSR (I thought people wanted to compete in this?), Mario Party games (plus Super Paper Mario) and Fuzion Frenzy are the only games I REALLY care about.

If GFAQS won't count to you guys then I'll have to head to other communities to prove to you that Rayman has a large audience and forums are abundant. For Mario Party, I don't know how I could prove that but think about it... How many have at least one Mario Party that they think they're really good at, especially with the upcoming Wii release, it DEFINITELY deserves to be added. Re: Shuffle and SatSR, I know Thorn may still want Shuffle but noone's ever expressed (other than me) that they want SatSR divisions to be added which is why Rolken probably hasn't added them (going out on a limb here as opposed to imputing negative qualities like others do, *cough cough*).

But anyway, I'll be back once again with support for Rayman I guess. Anything else you guys want me to do?

sonicam, just for you the final list HAS been done already but here it is:
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Fuzion Frenzy
Sonic Shuffle
Mario Party 7
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 1
Super Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 5
WarioWare Games <- Will be added at the very end.

(Removed DK64, barnyard, SLCP and DKC2)
All games I removed, I'll have a request thread asking if anyone wants the games to be added and if enough people sign and show interest, THEN I'll be motivated to add them but otherwise, there's the list.

And sonicam, if I have to run the whole site by myself, I will. I was already expecting that when I started this idea way back when - same with Blinx.

It wouldn't be cumbersome to do, really. I'd probably find a bit of enjoyment in managing the site and I can guarantee that Rayman will be the highlight of my center.

I bid all of you adieu until I return showing you all support for adding them.
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2007, 11:38:58 am »
Update:
Anyone else have any other ideas of how I can reach people to prove that there is interest for the top games?

Rayman has general support on every end so I'm not worried on that - more so with Mario Party: I KNOW people want it, but how I can prove that, I dunno...

Why don't I launch the site as a TEST (mentioned this before), doing 3 of the top games and then we'll see what happens? I'm really between a rock and a hard place... again.

I mean there's Rayman, Super Paper Mario, SatSR, and the Mario Party games. Rayman in particular could stand really well on its own.

And I don't think personal opinions of "the lack of players" there may be should stop me.. I mean, look at TMMC. The most players they have for a game right now is 4. [http://megaman.soniccenter.org/rankings/champions] I just still fail to see the rationale behind that... Then again, it's probably just me ranting.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:52:35 am by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2007, 12:21:25 pm »
Not that its really up to me to make the decision, but my impression from everyone elses posts is that they want proof that you have a fanbase, giving you a "test" subsite would be exactly the same as just launching the subsite in the first place, so I somehow doubt youll get that

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2007, 02:56:02 pm »
Okay, new approach to see if I can satisfy what I'm asked of here:

Will give you links to game sites that relate to any of the games on the list. Maybe that'll suffice.
Wiiloveit

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2007, 06:33:27 pm »
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Party 4
WarioWare Games <- Will be added at the very end.

I have these game and would submit. It would be kind of cool for Wario Ware games to be up as they do have a lot of competition on Cyberscore (and that's just Cyberscore :P). I have Twisted and want Touched.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2007, 03:10:16 pm »
I was JUST about to say that I've decided to re-add WarioWare games to the list! That's funny...

Anyway, look, I fail to see how you guys still don't believe that the major games on the list (e.g, Mario Party, Rayman, WarioWare, etc) don't have a fanbase.... It just doesn't make sense to me as it's obvious that there is. Again, I'm subtlely referring to Megaman center when I say this.
Wiiloveit

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2007, 03:24:52 pm »
Well speaking personally, I honestly dont see why anyone would WANT to play mini games on a competitive level :/

Playing them all once was bad enough, Id probably hang myself if I played them again, I couldnt stand Mario Party 4 or Shuffle after I beat two boards of each, there all either a) too short b) too simple c) just plain annoying /:

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2007, 03:31:22 pm »
And that's my point: it's mostly based on personal opinion that you guys are rejecting me and that doesn't seem very fair. Some really do WANT to play competitively in mini-games. Case in point, Rayman (which I still play on a regular basis, sitll triyng to improve my scores), WarioWare, and Super Paper Mario.

This is another reason why I fail to see the logic behind my idea being rejected and me having to "prove" that there is a fanbase when it is clear that there already is for most if not all the games...

edit:
On a slightly similar note, lists of games that need to be evaluated for Mario Party 8 can be found below. Games will be evaluated once I get the game next month.

Alpine Assault
At the Chomp Wash
Crank to Rank
Flip the Chimp
In the Nick of Time
Kartastrophe
Lava or Leave ‘Em
Mario Matrix
Mosh Pit Playroom
Punch-a-Bunch
Rudder Madness
Scooter Pursuit
Shake It Up
Sick and Twisted
Speedy Graffiti
Swing Kings
Treacherous Tightrope
Water Ski Spree
Boo-ting Gallery
Bumper Balloons
Crops ‘n’ Robbers
Grabby Gridiron
King of the Thrill
Lean, Mean Ravine
Paint Misbehavin’
Rowed to Victory
Sugar Rush
Winner or Dinner
Bob-ombs Away
Chump Rope
Grabbin’ Gold
Gun the Runner
Picture Perfect
Power Trip
Snow Way Out
Swervin’ Skies
Thrash ‘n’ Crash
Attention Grabber
Balancing Act
Blazing Lassos
Breakneck Building
Cardiators
Cosmic Slalom
Eyebrawl
Frozen Assets
Ion the Prize
Lava Lobbers
Lob to Rob
Loco Motives
Pumper Cars
Rotation Station
Saucer Swarm
Settle It in Court
Specter Inspector
Surf’s Way Up
Wing and a Scare
You’re the Bob-omb
Aim of the Game
Cut from the Team
Glacial Meltdown
Snipe for the Picking
Fruit Picker
Pour to Score
Stampede
Superstar Showdown
Canyon Cruisers
Chomping Frenzy
Flagging Rights
Moped Mayhem
Puzzle Pillars
Star Carnival Bowling
Table Menace
Trial by Tile
Wiiloveit

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2007, 03:36:39 pm »
This is another reason why I fail to see the logic behind my idea being rejected and me having to "prove" that there is a fanbase when it is clear that there already is for most if not all the games...

I see where your coming from, I really do but saying "there are fanbases" isnt really enough :x

Sega Rally has a fanbase but Ill be damned if I could find it and make a site about it, as much as I <3 the game bits

Which is why folk want you to prove it by getting names and such to prove to them that theres actual competitive merit behind your idea.

2/3 people filling out a game chart and then 1 or 2 others submitting a handful of stats isnt really worth anything at all

Print

Hits: 1,255 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.25 MB | Time: 0.16s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.