don't click here

Anybody know when a new Sonic game is coming out?

Print

Author Topic: Anybody know when a new Sonic game is coming out?  (Read 37370 times)

Offline Conker T. Squirrel

• The Ultimate Power!!
  • TSC: shadowblast63
  • winxp msie6
  • Oh, charming...Bleh. It's me! Shadowblast63! Yey!
    • View Profile
Anybody know when a new Sonic game is coming out?
« on: March 18, 2007, 09:38:44 pm »
Just read the title.
I am the Ultimate Power in the name of destruction and chaos!

Offline Waxwings

Re: Anybody know when a new Sonic game is coming out?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 11:01:40 pm »
No.
NO.
NO!
NO!
NO!
NO!

Note; This probably wouldn't be the best site to ask this on.
Try TSS. Even there you'll get ridiculed.

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:57:29 pm »
My hack should be coming out eventually <_<
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline X-5

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 09:25:50 pm »
let's hope never

Offline F-Man

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:31:07 pm »
We're currently in a black hole where all logic is changed and no upcoming Sonic game is announced.

Yeah, I hope it'll change soon. Me am hungry for moar.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:46:56 pm »
I remember drooling over previews of Sonic Adventure 2 way back.

I look forward to when Sonic06 2 is announced.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 10:05:50 pm »
I remember drooling over previews of Sonic Adventure 2 way back.
Oh man, those were the days. I had to look for magazines that weren't plasticized in stores to find some screens. Although I remember thinking it looked quite rubbish.

I don't expect a "Sonic The Hedgehog 2" because... fuck no explanation needed. I do expect they pull another Sonic Heroes by trying something "different", probably going "back to roots" again (A 3D SIDESCROLLER PLZ).

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 05:59:12 am »
I want Sonic DVD. Period.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 06:17:48 am by P.P.A. »
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Sonic825

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 09:30:05 pm »
I read somewhere that their making a Sonic Riders 2.
Master of all things Sonic!!!!

Offline eggFL

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 09:45:28 pm »
Yea, "it was announced before Riders 1 came out"

I really look forward to when they reveal it.

• The Ultimate Power!!
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 09:52:44 pm »
I heard about that...

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 10:18:15 pm »
PS: A new Sonic game came out less than a month ago.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

• The Ultimate Power!!
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 06:07:36 pm »
I heard of a game called Sonic and Mario at the Olyimpics.Anybody heard of it?

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 06:12:56 pm »
Better question is anybody never heard of it.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 09:50:41 am »
Yeah really...
Here we go again...

Also, for those that are oblivious ot the fact (which I doubt there will be many), NiGHTS is really in development for the Wii.

Up next has ot be Riders 2 I'm hoping... (or even another sequel to any of the Sonic games).
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 04:43:57 pm »
I just know I'm going to be disappointed with the next Sonic game when it comes.
Since SADXT has a 0.0000000...% chance of happening, and SA3 has a 0.1% chance.
I won't be too angry if the next regular Sonic platformers are about the same quality as Sonic Heroes or SA2,
and have the same quality of voices as SA2, but I'd prefer something that has better gameplay than SA(1)
and exceeds SA's acting by fixing its problems like recording glitches and the occasional really bad line.
That's right, even I think SA can be beaten. I'll probably still call SA the best game ever made,
but a game that is just as fun, but without Big stages, and with more Sonic stages, would be awesome.

SADXT is the dream remake of SA that won't happen. The other one that I described
would still be nice, but it's very unlikely that it will come close to being the way I want it.
So what does have a good chance of happening? This:

Sonic the Hedgehog. Given this name to present it as another game which goes back to the roots
(or by actually taking the next downward step). In other words, to cause even more confusion,
by being at least the fourth game to have that name. Rumoured to be the last game with 4Kids
voices, since, as put by Sega, "Sonic X, the popular children's cartoon where Sonic came from,
has recently ended, and we have no reason to tie the games in with it. We'll let you know if the show begins
again, and maybe we can make some nice video games based on it, with your favourite voice actors."
With 43 playable characters, and one Action Stage for each. It is rumoured that Knuckles will have
many more rivals than just Rouge, and Big and his buddies will make a return.
This game will take Sonic back to his roots, by being the first Sonic game to take place on Earth,
and by introducing new gimmicks, such as "?" boxes, dice, a music blast attack to wipe out enemies,
a new look for each character, and a light, simple story which doesn't get in the way (or in other words,
has tons of non-skippable cutscenes, but is full of nothing and borrows junk from every other game).
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 10:58:00 pm »
Well with this whole Nights for Wii and Mario-Sonic game, why does it suddenly feel like a miracle if Riders 2 isn't cancelled, or if it just becomes Wii-exclusive?

• The Ultimate Power!!
  • winxp msie6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 11:09:31 pm »
You do make a good point there eggFL.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 06:31:12 am »
I do believe Sonic Team said the next few sonic games will only be on the Wii while they take Sonic back to is roots or something like that?

Which in my interpretation means no Riders 2 :D
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 08:57:16 am »
Well with this whole Nights for Wii and Mario-Sonic game, why does it suddenly feel like a miracle if Riders 2 isn't cancelled, or if it just becomes Wii-exclusive?

I wouldn't be surprised either, really...
I'm more leaning towards the whole "Wii-exclusive" idea. I'm trying to be a little optomistic (as much as I can when it comes to SEGA) and hope it's not going to be cancelled...

Anyway, the Mario-Sonic crossover seems like it'll do pretty well. Naturally, competition here will follow I'm sure. So we've got swimming down. I'm wonder what other races they'll do? Hurdle Race, Bike Race/Triathlon, stuff like that I guess...

I bet you're really stoked about NiGHTS, eggFL, am I right?
Wiiloveit

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 03:01:16 pm »
I just want Sonic in SSB:Brawl.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 03:04:05 pm »
It's gonna happen.  Nintendo just doesn't feel like announcing anything.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 03:04:53 pm »
Yeah really, what else is new...

Wiiloveit

Offline eggFL

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 02:12:00 am »
I bet you're really stoked about NiGHTS, eggFL, am I right?

yep! you know me pretty well dont ya

Well sorta. I loved Nights and at one time it was the biggest thing ever to me. But that was a long time ago.

It wasn't too long ago when I pretty much stopped caring about Nights altogether.

But now they're making a new one and I was pretty excited about that. Excited, but mostly really surprised.

But I love Sonic, not Nights. And Nights's announcement comes alongside Sega's apparent nerfing of the Sonic series.

Because they couldn't even make a Sonic game on Xbox 360 without totally screwing it up and now all of a sudden they have to retreat to Wii. Because they're not even competent enough to make one game and now that means Sonic isn't "contemporary" enough. And fixing that of course involves being Nintendo exclusive and starring in sports spinoff games.

And sega america prez can lie and pander to Sonic hate to sell a shitty Sonic Mario crossover game.

So yea... that's the gist of it.

btw I love the Nights redesign. To me that's pretty much the highlight of the new game, so far that is.

Offline Stardust Speedman

• Jorn del Judici
  • TSC: Siavash Tazari
  • win10 chrome
  • That beautiful Lady in my avatar is my wife! Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 07:10:29 pm »
@ EggFL: Agreed!

SONIC + MARIO + SPORTS-GAME + MYAMOTO AS CREATIV DIRECTOR + FAMILY-FRIENDLY + WII-CONTROLS = THE WORST IDEA EVER, EVER!!!!!!!!!!

I Just soooooooooo want to kill Myamoto!
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Offline eggFL

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 09:52:07 pm »
It's not such a bad idea. It's just a step down for Sonic.

I thought Sonic was supposed to be above Mario. But that didn't work out, so they gave up.

That's why I don't like it.

And I don't hate Miyamoto beyond disagreeing with his style of game design. But now I do hate Sega of america president for using the failure of Sonic06 to claim that Sonic is turning around (again). The worst part of all, when he says stuff that Sonic is going to be more "contemporary", is not just that he's spinning, but the possibility that he is actually serious when he says that part. That, and what that means for Sonic, is what really gets to me.

I don't register a Mario-Sonic crossover as a good sign by any means. Are sports spin-off games, like Mario has countless of, what it takes to be "contemporary"?

So yea... that's my sentiment.

• Jorn del Judici
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 07:40:50 am »
I'm not saying I want to kill myamoto because I hate him, but because I beleave he is way too overworshiped and he is probably going to ruin my most favourit game series of all time, the Sonic series! I admit that all in all, he is a great guy who has done a lot for the games industry and thats why I can't really hate him. But on the other hand, as you said, I don't like his style of game design at all, yet he es worshiped as the god of video games! I never say that games like Mario and Zelda are bad and I can understand that they are so popular, but they are unjustly taking the highest places in the charts and knock Sonic off the list, not because they are really this perfect, but because most people don't have a mind of their own. I could talk more about this and about why I don't like Myamoto's style of game design, but I won't since I don't have much time for this. But I just believe that Myamoto really isn't worth all this worship!

And then I heard one of the worst news in my life: Sonic and that Plumper in some shitty sports game!

Neither did I EVER wanted to see Sonic and Mario in the same game, nor did I EVER, EVER, EVER want to see Sonic in a sport game! (You don't need to tell me that Sonic already has sport games for mobile. Who cares about mobile anyway? And racing games are OK, as long as they're full of fantasy and are cool.) And OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, I don't wanna even emagine how kiddy Sonic could get in this game!

I also will extremely hate it if for example they now make Mario suddenly as fast as Sonic or if Sonic now suddenly can swim or something. It will totally piss me off to ruin the history of the characteristics of two extremely famous characters, just to establish balance!

To make matters worse, it was said clearly that this game is going to be a family friendly game which is going to be easy to play for everybody and I absolutely can't forgive anyone for doing this to Sonic! What do you imagine when you here "family friendly game"? I imagine something totally rediculous for a Sonic game! It gives me the feeling that this game is going to be a "Wii Sports 2"! On its own, it's not necessarily a bad thing, since I don't have to buy it. But having SONIC in a Wii Sports 2 extremely pisses me off! They just can't do that to Sonic!

A while back, Myamoto said that he is going to stop making games like Mario and Zelda for a while in favour of making some more family friendly games. He said he wants to make more girls and older people interested in video games. The possibilities of the Wii are going to be a great help! On its own, this is a good idea, but I can only hope that "M&S in OG" does NOT belong in this plan! Maybe Myamoto is trying to make more people interested in Sonic and Mario this way. I, however, think this is an extremely bad idea, since it especially ruins the character of the Sonic series!

It is right that the president of Sega of America said the thing about making Sonic more "contemporary" and "family friendly! and I hate him for that, too. But I believe all this is happening just because people unjustly think that Myamoto is god! After all, Myamoto is now the creative director of this game and it is in his hands to whether ruin Sonic in this game, or ruin Sonic in this game! If he just was killed a while back, before making all those stupid Mario Sports Game Spinoffs, it hadn't come to this!

By the way, Sonic 06 had a lot of bugs an long loading times and it was less than expected, yes, but it was still, and you especially know that EggFL, a very great game! It had/has done sooo many things right and there is sooo much awesome about it! Bug again, most people don't realize it, because they don't have a mind of their own. But this is a different story...
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 11:16:51 am »
Oh my God shut the fuck up. Sonic is already ruined since 1998, stop holding him to some ridiculous perfect standard that doesn't fucking exist anymore. There's nothing left to fucking ruin, no gameplay standard, no character, nothing.

And he's always been family friendly, look at all the screaming kids who obsess over him. In fact Sonic is pretty much second ONLY to Mario in terms of family-friendly videogame icons. (anything you cite to the contrary from Shadow or Sonic 06 is irrelevant as these are recent developments, which aren't even reflected in other games like SatSR)

You go on about people "not having a mind of their own", and yet you continue to WORSHIP a character whose games have been in a steady decline since before the turn of the century, as if nothing's been going wrong. And why? Because you're too obsessed with this character to turn away from him.

God people like you piss me off so much.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:45:52 am by Crowbar »

• Jorn del Judici
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 12:03:41 pm »
First, I expect you to show some more respect, even if you disagree with me!

Second, you're totally misunderstanding me! Although I totally disagree with what you say about Sonic being ruined since 1998 (you as a big Sonic Rush fan should know that), I never said that Sonic games are perfect, neither did I ever say that there hasn't been any mistakes done in the last few years. And if I like any of the new Sonic games, I have good reasons for it. It's defenately not just because it was Sonic!

You have also misunderstood what I meant with "I don't want Sonic to become family friendly". I agree with you about Sonic already being very family friendly and that is a good thing. But I was actually talking from a different perspective. I may write more about this a different time, but now, I really have to leave.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 04:02:27 pm »
Siavash Tazari im gonna have to say I think you're overreacting a little or just looking at this the wrong way.

First off Miyamoto isn't that terrible. I think his vision of making "hardcore" games is skewed or has become skewed but a lot of the recognition he gets as of late is regarding innovation and his approach toward nongamers, and that recognition is well-deserved.

And he couldn't have caused any changes to Sonic, he didn't cause this Mario-Sonic game to happen. He works at Nintendo, not Sega. It's Sega that did this because they are the ones who came to him. Sega gave up on Sonic, Miyamoto had nothing to do with it. It was Sega's decision and the ideas involved with that decision (also Sega's) that are the issue here.

To make matters worse, it was said clearly that this game is going to be a family friendly game which is going to be easy to play for everybody and I absolutely can't forgive anyone for doing this to Sonic!

That's a good thing. In fact, I believe almost all games should be like that to an extent....

And again, it's an olympics game, not a real Sonic game, so why fret?

By the way, Sonic 06 had a lot of bugs an long loading times and it was less than expected, yes, but it was still, and you especially know that EggFL, a very great game! It had/has done sooo many things right and there is sooo much awesome about it! Bug again, most people don't realize it, because they don't have a mind of their own. But this is a different story...

Sonic06 is a beautiful game. But it's unfit for a realistic audience.

The game is hardly "playable" which is imo the least a Sonic game should be.

That is, if the game had, let's pretend for a second, no load times. Could you imagine how much more successful/acclaimed the game would have been. I'm not saying it would be perfect, not at all, but all the crap in the game would have been taken in a lot better and people would actually be able to appreciate it as a quirky chapter game with plenty of consistent action, and compulsive fun. (+replay value = good game) You know I'm right. Games live and die by having flow and by being accessible.

But I guess I'm saying, that's the nature of the most devastating problems with Sonic06, as simple as it was. But rather than realizing it or fixing it, they jump ship to Wii, and threaten to kill Sonic as we know it and, seemingly, turn it into another Mario.

Quote from: Crowbar
Oh my God shut the fuck up. Sonic is already ruined since 1998, stop holding him to some ridiculous perfect standard that doesn't fucking exist anymore. There's nothing left to fucking ruin, no gameplay standard, no character, nothing.

That's not true. Sonic as we know it didn't really exist until Sonic Adventure. He wasn't perfect, but nobody said he was. However Sonic was godamn brilliant at times. And you can't get it anywhere else. You can't get the gameplay anywhere else either.

Yea he's family friendly, which is why he's great. He's a family friendly cartoon hedgehog superhero mascot. And he's got class. (see gloves) Yet he represents the bravest and coolest franchise in mascot history. Without Sonic, mascotdom would be a barren wasteland with horrible design (Kameo, Spyro), characters with not one but two x's in their names (Vexx), uncreative dark fantasy motifs (ditto, ditto, ditto) or Hanna Barbera motifs and characters that wear nothing but boxer shorts. (Ty) and so on (btw Vexx is a good game tbh)

All those other franchises are generally worthless. Sonic is criticized for having fetch quests and town missions but the other guys do nothing but fetch quests and town missions. None of those franchises are interesting or cool but only Sonic is. Don't you get it?

And all Sonic did to be cool was try to be cool. And it worked. My god, it worked.

And Sonic is FUNNY and soo charming because of how wonderfully enthusiastic and derivative it is. "I finally found it, the Iblis Trigger" That's /savvy/. Hell, that's art. Same with Sonic Adventure 2. The whole game had the metal feel and soundtrack and Sonic spent the entire time pursuing a black evil mysterious version of himself but ended up teaming up with to beat the final boss. I love it. Countless moments in Sonic are just righteous like Pyramid Cave. Do you not see that, that doesn't mean anything?

Plus, in retrospect all 3D Sonics are fast, smooth, playable, and very fun games. Like, you couldn't even get the same experience anywhere else. Sonic was the only one that was even doing that kind of gameplay.

"Because you're too obsessed with this character to turn away from him." YEA you know what you're right. I'll turn away from Sonic because apparently he is utter shit with no redeeming qualities. I'll go play.... Sunshine. Cleaning up paint to xylophone music! Slow gameplay! No voice acting! yeaaa.. rock on :S The best part is the lack of variety in environments and the complete lack of atmosphere. But then again Sonic doesn't have those things..... >_>;

Or Rainbow Six Vegas. Vegas is like a casino stage! That's cool, right?

You're pissed off, but like, why should we care? You've been in a Sonic forum over seven years after the series was supposedly ruined.

All this stuff I see, the things I love Sonic for, and reason I have come to realize why people keep buying and enjoying the games despite the supposed horridness that they're made out to be. None of these elements mean anything at all? You can't even begin to appreciate them or recognize that they exist? Are opinions that fickle?

Well whatever. You have won. Sonic is going to the Wii on a Mario-Sonic crossover game. Congratulations, hater.

Print

Hits: 329 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.35 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.