don't click here

Hello Wello

Print

Author Topic: Hello Wello  (Read 9060 times)

Offline Terramax

Hello Wello
« on: July 11, 2023, 07:37:27 am »
Yo!

Been a Sonic fan since I got the first title on the Master System, I guess sometime in 1991. Favourite Sonic game by a mile is Sonic CD, and getting to be able to play it on the Switch, despite Sonic Origin's drawbacks, has been an absolute blessing!

Will be using this site for its maps. Definitely don't have the skills and time to do speed running, but I like to do, I don't know how you'd call it, maybe 'breeze running', where you've memorised everything, but you're still semi-taking your time.

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Hello Wello
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 06:03:21 pm »
What's good! I see you are a fellow Sonic CD enjoyer so I already know we're going to get along :P

Always wholesome to hear from longtime classic fans. Hope you enjoy the maps and they're of some use to you. Nothing wrong with casual running, hope to see you on the Sonic CD charts, maybe you'll give me a run for my old money :P
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline Terramax

Re: Hello Wello
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 06:56:49 am »
Heh, I doubt I'd be on any charts.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of speed running. I think it's incredible that people out there can get so much enjoyment and monies worth out of playing just a single game over and over (mind you, I can go playing little other than Dark Souls for quite a while).

But, for me, speed running means not stopping to smell the roses. I love Sonic half for the gameplay, but also to just inhale in the atmosphere. The visuals and the music. Which is why I love Sonic CD so much. It has / had the best visuals of any Sonic game back in the day, especially considering the more abstract design of the locations and backgrounds, only really matched by Sonic 1 MD. Then there's the music. Speed running means not having the time to enjoy the fecking amazing music on offer in a Sonic game.

I tried speed running Klonoa about a year back. But, having just become a father, and being married with a full time job as a children's teacher, I just don't have the time or energy to indulge in speed running.

Anyways, nice to meet you Spaniel. Definitely feel free to indulge me in Sonic CD related talk. That game is very close to my heart. I was one of the few lucky people to own it when it first came out on Mega CD, what, 1993/1994 was it now?

Print

Hits: 1,251 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 991.34 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.