don't click here

Wanna Talk Marvel vs Capcom 2?

Print

Author Topic: Wanna Talk Marvel vs Capcom 2?  (Read 9946 times)

Offline MrNomad

Wanna Talk Marvel vs Capcom 2?
« on: March 01, 2007, 06:56:37 pm »
Hii all, lets talk about MvC2, one of the greatest fighting games evar ya? ;P First off, my favorite team to use would prolly be Strider/Doom/Cyclops. I lik the ouroburo-molecular shield trap you get with Strider and Doom, plus they're both good fighters. I enjoy cyclop's anti-air assist a lot, and i enjoy using him a lot because of his strength and hyper combos. Personally, i lik all three for who they are too.

Does anyone here know of a good team to use with Charlie by any chance? i  want to get good with him since i became interested in him. here's a combo vid for those interested for charlie haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73O7SQyCb30

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Wanna Talk Marvel vs Capcom 2?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:29:24 pm »
Marvel Super Heroes was better, and not the shite PS version either
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 07:30:53 pm »
when it was still hot at my arcade, I would try to play against the better players all the time.  I would get my ass kicked by them, but the closest I got was almost taking out 2 of their fighters.  I couldn't learn most of the combos and stuff because at that time it was for DC only and I couldn't be at the arcades as much as I know they were (also they would hold tournies which I would have loved to go to).

I had gotten better and better at it remembering certain things and teams and what not.  I would play against the scrubs (you know they were if I can beat them), this one guy who thought he was the shit, and button mashers.  I have a lot of memories from those times (hell from when Tekken Tag, Tekken 4, and SC2 were hot as well), but sadly I cant find no one that plays anymore.  I have the PS2 version and I would play it a bunch and also grab tourny vids and watch those, but with no one to play against...whats the point?

Last time I played was at the Luxor in Vegas against this 1 big guy who would do the simplest of moves, but would kick your ass.  He knew what he was talking about (even though he clamored about there being a part 3...which is utter BS) and it worked for him.  I came close to beating him, but my skills had deminished and I was just picking anyone I liked against his main team (Dhalsim, C. America, and someone else I cant remember).  This other guy would try to play against him too, but he would lose the same as me (even though it would seem he shouldn't have).  It was still fun cause all the games ended being free cause the machine wouldn't work all the time so one of the (hot female) employees had come by and rigged it for us.

I think thats 1 thing I never liked, I could never get a grasp on the arcade sticks instead of mostly playing with a pad, and in the back of my mind is I can beat some of these fools, but I get my ass handed to me or barely win because of that difference.

My fav team though would have to be Sakura, M. Bison, and Ice Man...thing is, I never worked on making up a team that really worked well with one another (talking about assist combos and the like).

Also I found it really easy to win with Cap. Commando, Cable, and Sentinel...they are just too badass.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 07:36:40 pm »
God I hate how unbalievably powerful cable and commando are, they really make too strong of a team., although captain c. doesnt have that great of specials aside from corridor. But Cable is too strong lol, even scrubs can take a lot out of you. And no spectre, this is much better.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:13:23 pm »
Good times, good times. I remember the infamous Strider lock. I think the third character that worked best with that strat was Sentinel IIRC.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 08:15:56 pm »
Ya i guess so, but i wanna find teams that could work with strider and doom besides Sent, so maybe ill try out teams later on my DC. For now, cyclops fills the role as the third character

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 03:08:43 pm »
MvC2 is impossible to find at a good price, and is not readily available offline, so I can't get it.

I do own the crap PS1 MvC1 though, which I was influenced to buy once I had played the arcade version (boy, are they different)... I usually played either Strider + Jin or War Machine + Captain America, usually the former though.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 03:35:42 pm »
IIRC, the balance in MvC 1 was supposed to be better than the sequal. I played War Machine and either Wolverine, Spider Man, or Captain America.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 06:32:22 pm »
IIRC, the balance in MvC 1 was supposed to be better than the sequal. I played War Machine and either Wolverine, Spider Man, or Captain America.
you could say that, but then there were still a lot of things in MvC1 that IMO were kinda imbalanced, like strider's cool, but he was so overpowered in that game plus if you used his uru super with this one assister (from cyberbots) you could really finish off opponents fast. I heard he's still considered top tier in the sequal tho, as long as Doom is assisting him

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 06:34:08 pm »
MvC2 is impossible to find at a good price, and is not readily available offline, so I can't get it.

I do own the crap PS1 MvC1 though, which I was influenced to buy once I had played the arcade version (boy, are they different)... I usually played either Strider + Jin or War Machine + Captain America, usually the former though.
Do you hav a DC? Cuz MvC2 is most arcade-perfect on that port, plus im sure they have a reasonable price somewhere like ebay

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 09:19:17 pm »

Do you hav a DC? Cuz MvC2 is most arcade-perfect on that port, plus im sure they have a reasonable price somewhere like ebay

The whole point is, I don't own a DC, and I can't use E-Bay without my father, so in other words, it's problems.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 09:28:43 pm »

The whole point is, I don't own a DC, and I can't use E-Bay without my father, so in other words, it's problems.
Ummm, get a job and credit card then? lol, my guess is find a friend that does have MvC2 or DC or watever and play with them, more fun anyway. That or try to find a pawn shop or someplace selling DC's for cheap then MvC2. Or if you have a Ps2 or Xbox just try and get it on there.

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 12:21:25 am »
Okay, for those of you who can help, i need help with spiderman. Ive been playing around with him one day on MvC2 and as I was trying to pull off his air combo mix-up from earlier games, I do HP, and as the enemy hits the ground  I see spidey infront of the enemy in a fixed position like I had no control. I kept trying to see if I could move him around in mid-air but it looked like I couldnt. Does anyone know if spidey can do air mix-ups anymore in MvC2?

Offline Conker T. Squirrel

• The Ultimate Power!!
  • TSC: shadowblast63
  • winxp msie6
  • Oh, charming...Bleh. It's me! Shadowblast63! Yey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 12:13:01 am »
My fav. team would be Strider, Megaman, and either Blackheart or War Machine.
I am the Ultimate Power in the name of destruction and chaos!

Print

Hits: 773 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.