don't click here

Plans for RPGmaker 2003

Print

Author Topic: Plans for RPGmaker 2003  (Read 26707 times)

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
Plans for RPGmaker 2003
« on: February 02, 2007, 02:12:02 am »
Well, I've been thinking of redoing my ideas and making an RPGMaker game, like RPG was doing.  Who's with me?  I'll see what I can do with a story, and I'll try to fit as many volunteers in as possible...  It may not be the best, but it'll hopefully be good enough.

So who's interested?
Hi

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Plans for RPGmaker 2003
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 03:06:29 am »
As long as I get to name a few bosses and monsters X)
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 05:57:40 pm »
I had thought of something like this too, but I didn't want to rip off RPG.  Since he's jumping on the bandwagon, I suppose I could stand to learn RPGmaker.  Count me in.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 08:09:23 pm »
Ah... RPGmaker. Tried it once but, the trial period was over <_<. The RPG game was like 2 hours long and when you reach the ending it says:

"A1 Steak Sauce. Yeah, it's that important."

Count me in and give me the details when you are ready.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 08:56:18 pm »
Well, I wasn't thinking of a teamup effort.  More along the lines of suggesting concepts and stuff.  Also, I was thinking along the lines of making all the cool and well-known people party members.  And others as cameos or bosses.  So...  If anyone wants to suggest stuff or be in the game or whatever, just tell me all I need to know.  I'll put a nice survey for those interested later on.  Also, if anyone's skilled in the ways of musicmaking or whatever that would help with this, feel free to show me what you've got, and I'll see if I can use whatever.

Though I do have some ideas already.  A few funny ideas.  But more won't hurt.  And tips.  Because I don't know how to get the game to start on an INTRO instead of just at a place.

Also, I'm gonna try something crazy.  Picking four party members out of however many, unless there's some sort of equal or near-equal experience gain thing I can do.
Hi

Offline Stefan

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 12:05:13 am »
Remember to include an arbitrary cameo for Cloud. Every RPG has Cloud in it.

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 10:00:54 am »
I'll make sure not to.  Also, survey up!

I'll be deciding if you're cool or well-known enough, but feel free to fill in all the stuff.

Appearance (A picture of what you want to look like in the game would be cool, but if not, just a description will do.  You don;t have to put your real life description):
Personality (It can be how you act in real life, or it can be how you act in the chat):
Weapon of choice:
Attacks (Up to 8, one must be an ultimate move of some sort):
Catchphrase and other common sayings (If you have one, cool.  If not, leave it blank):
Hi

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 10:42:55 am »
Uh, the default first guy, but with purple hair for appearance X)

How I am on the forums and in the chat for personality methinks~

Weapon(s) of choice: Axes, larger axes, enormous axes, novelty weapons and swords?

Attacks: Standard monologue attack, some attack involving summoning a dragon which ignites everything, and an attack based on my homocidal tendancies? >_>

Catchphrases...hm...."RPG - 42 The World - 16" "Rock 'N' Roll" "EGADS" etc

Also if Zeph is in it and goes a long period without saying something, when he does say something, assuming I am present I would say it backwards X) And vice versa
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 02:33:17 pm by RPG »
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 02:35:32 pm »
*demands random cameo in some random village* <_<

Either that or I have some ring-getting sidequest...or something.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 02:47:01 pm »
Eh, what the hell, I'll fill one out.  But I know in advance I don't say much, killing my chances of making it.  I'm not writing my name on top of the form so you can't tell which is mine.
* Thorn notices name to left of post.
Oh.  Whatever.  Consider this, like, a temp form, because to finish it I'd hafta look back at the pics and attacks available in RPGmaker, and either find ones that fit or draw some sprites.

Appearance: (again, I hafta look at the provided ones first)

Personality: IRL, I'm a bit talkative but I think I know when to stfu.  I'm usually the rational one out of my friends, without being an ass.  I'm in high-level classes in school, so I make a conscious effort not to say things that blow people away, but it doesn't always work.  Rational doesn't make me passive, though, see Weapon of Choice below. In chat and on the forums, I'm usually doing something else at the same time, so I talk in spurts.  I'm still pretty rational, choosing not to participate in lolsony-ness.  I'm making an effort to be more active in chat, so that I might get voiced before I go off to college.

Weapon of Choice: IRL I take karate classes (got my black belt May '06, yay), so I hafta wonder if fists are an option.  Many places in school I'm known not as Mike and more as "dat kid dat beat up those two seniors in freshman year, yo" [sic].  I don't think RPGmaker has much outside of magic spells and sword fights, last I checked, so I'll reconsider.

Attacks: Er, kinda hafta finish the Weapon section for this.

Catchphrase: Well, after hearing GFaqs users say "fission mailed" to me enough, I started proving myself right and calling them "mucking forons".  That's all I've got... oh, wait!  I also overuse "..." and the typo "jsut".

EDIT:
Also, if anyone's skilled in the ways of musicmaking or whatever that would help with this, feel free to show me what you've got, and I'll see if I can use whatever.

You can always do what RPG did and just rip from VGmusic, they're pretty much free-use over there.  It depends on which direction you're going too.  If you're looking at "well, this is TSC, everyone will recognize a Sonic MIDI", then anything by Teck on VGmusic is pretty badass for a MIDI, like this one (most RPG-esque track I could find in a jiffy).  In terms of art, well, good luck with that one.  Most I can do is rip and mod existing sprites.  Quick Crackers edit:

That's all I've got, and that doesn't even have anything to do with RPGmaker (unless I made 50-some more sprites) :P
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 04:00:24 pm by Thorn »

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 04:09:13 pm »
Overworld sprites? I know a place where you can find some. It may not be what you are looking for but, it's something. I'll post a link later if you want to go there.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 04:28:29 pm »
Oh man. I can be immortalised on the internet again.

You know, I'm a good writer. I promise. You can tell this from my stylistic posts. I demand to start off as what seems to be the main villain, but then everyone realizes that although my methods are questionable I am in fact attempting to defeat the real bad fellow. This is preceded by an epic boss battle in which I am overpowered for that point in the game, with powerleveling being one of the only feasible ways to consistantly defeat me. At this point, I join the party with less godlike powers. But, mind you, these powers are still very godlike, and I wind up being useful for the remainder of the game, being a critical part of any standard RPG power team. Oh wait, maximum 4 members. If I'm not included, I would like to be the final boss.

Appearance: Tall and skinny with flowing brown hair (yes, flowing!) in nonsensical curls, a very large and magestic looking jacket, silver shoes with gold laces, and blue jeans.
Personality: Overly arrogant but undoubtedly talented both physically and mentally, detached, most amusing in spurts with callous comic relief, reserved in spite of a clear willingness to participate, contradictary, anti-culture, elitist, and apathetic exept in defense of self.
Weapon of choice: Hammerclaw!
Attacks: Hammer, Terminal Blows (probably something lame like an upgraded version of the standard attack of hammer which attacks all party members), Power of Suggestion (a move in which a given opponent feels most insecure about themselves, and takes time to contemplate their present state, forcing them to skip a turn), FormFit (that is, morphing into a given party member with better stats), Overwork (think of this: a move whereby you reduce your health to one, but get an autorevive if ko'd at a good deal of your original health. How delightfully broken!), Propogate (this is of course something with an effect similair to a 1.5 multiplier on melee or magical attacks for a party member of your choice), Grey Hat (Sacrifice a party member to increase strength in battle by 2x your normal strength-combine with Overwork and use it on self repeatedly for a most powerful combination, unless the given enemy has a Break-like move available, nullifying any godlike bonuses), and of course Anti-Group (in which you take, say, a fourth of the hp of each member of your party and deal that damage to a given monster-combined with Grey Hat, this should kill the final boss in a maximum of 4 turns). Of course, as in real life I am physically weak, but very fast and highly intelligent (does saying this make it more true than it isn't?), making me an ideal spellcaster or early attacker.
Catchphrase and other common sayings:  "Oh, ok", "I completely agree", "Your logic, methods, morals, and ideas are all sound, but you're still wrong", "I just thought of something so clever and witty that saying it would cheapen its value" and so on.

Of course, I break the game, so I'd probably need some toning down before my addition.

As mentioned, I demand at least boss status-at which point I would like to join the party, but if need be I will not, at which point late-game "most hated battle in the game" status is mandatory.. If I am somehow the final boss, above the main villain and not part of the group, then there should be a hilarious line in which I inform everyone how I ship large ammounts of bottle caps to the recycling plant and throw out plastic bottles because recycling is worse for the environment (it takes more energy to reprocess plastic than it does to let it sit there, thereby contributing to some ghastly cataclysm or another, and that even if it didn't, someone would throw out recyclable materials anyway, which would mean that all that energy was used for nothing). It is also possible for me to be a recurring and sinister townsman, and as an NPC I would say "Damnit, I better not be cast as an NPC" in several variations. This would mean I posess some knowledge crucial to the defeat of the main enemy, who is apparently not myself, and that the player would need to search for me and bring me an item to appease my ego. This is done by going into the future with a time machine item and showing me my wikipedia entry, in which I become noteworthy for several things, among them inventing a time machine. Then, I give the party their bit of valuable information or powerful weapon/spell/final skills, and reverse engineer the time machine, inventing it, starting an international chain of shops selling powerful equipment and such for ridiculously high prices, unless you hijack my cargo on my boats. At this point, I bestow upon you very valuable items. Then you fight the final boss. Who in this scenario is not me.

Savy?

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 04:54:12 pm »
^Holy shit, genus.  Is all of that even possible in RPGmaker?  I'll hafta do some research before I finish mine, heh.  It was entertaining to read down to the last word.  That word disappointed me, because I always thought savy had two "v"s, and it made me feel dumb.

I think Quartz is doing most of the story-making, but hey, with all the thought you've put into that, who knows?

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 05:06:12 pm »
That is possible. Were do you get RPGmaker again? I forgot that was better than what I have.
*Rick dumps Gamemaker*
I'll try and look for it on google.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 05:15:55 pm »
"Savy" is not spelled "savvy", and "exept" is not spelled "except". Don't believe everything you read or see.

Especially if someone tells you to question everything, at which point you tell them that you questioned whether things should be questioned, and realized after your questioning that nothing should be questioned unless someone wants you to take action, in which case you don't. But, if you find yourself on the side of others who questioned whether things should be questioned and were impelled to a sense of action, you should promptly revert your views as Devil's advocate, unless they do the same, at which point you feel them out for some bias and attack their person for it.

This is called "debating to improve your person".

As for these things being possible in RPGmaker...well, they might not be, at which point coding by hand seems like the best option.

Oh hey, a new reply.

I remember gamemaker! I made a B-Platformer on it, if B- can be applied to anything outside of movies.

Download it here

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 05:18:28 pm »
Don't believeeverything you read or see.

Can I choose not to believe that "believeeverything" is a word? *shot* (EDIT: Ah, you fixed it)
Also RPG and I are joking around in MSN making up backstories to follow in your footsteps.  I'll edit this post soon if I get a good one going.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 05:23:26 pm »
I edited my post because I assumed nobody was watching.

Anyways, I noticed something.

Calamari is made of squid, not octopus. "Calamari" used to mean squid in some language or another...I think it was Greek, but don't feel like looking it up.

NSA thinks otherwhise. Therefore, the government is not all powerful.

If we're to speak in RPG terms, the Shinra is another story.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 05:32:51 pm »
Wow, we're getting off-topic.  Anyway, here's a copy of RPG and I joking in MSN, with some edits to make sense.  Might as well get two more people in on it.

Thorn says:
Although if we hafta make backstories I suppose it shan't be too hard.
Dan~   | All I know is that to me you look like your lots of fun~ Open up your loving arms watch out here I come~~ says:
Indeed
Thorn says:
/me brainstorms
Dan~   | All I know is that to me you look like your lots of fun~ Open up your loving arms watch out here I come~~ says:
If we write back stories mine WILL involve dragons
Thorn says:
Okies, then.
And lots of things that are purple
Oh and you spin me right round.

Thorn says:
"I didn't wanna get involved in any of this.  I was just Time Attacking for fun.  I got into a competition topic on GFaqs for Sonic CD.  And innocently enough, Sprint and Mike wander into the topic.  Mike's all like, 'Hey, you're all good and stuff, you should come to TSC.'
XD!
Thorn says:
"So, naive as I am, I went.  Turns out, TSC traced my personal info.  Located me right down to which room in my house is my bedroom.   They came overnight, I stirred a lil' bit, noticed them, but was too tired to realize that I shouldn't have tried to breathe when they held the chloroformed rag to my face.
(hey, this is actually going somewhere)

Yeah XD
Gold.

Thorn says:
(I've gotta finish this X) )
(/me brainstorms more)
"I came to somewhat, and realized I was on some sort of lab table, strapped down tight.  There were a few people standing around, and one of them noticed that I was awake.  He got the others moving, and they hurried to do various things, the likes of which I'd know all too soon..."
(omfg this is getting too typical, but whatev.)

Is there anal probing involved in this.
Thorn says:
I decided against, although I plan to be knocked out again and not know, just in case
X)
Thorn says:
also why does you mind go there first?
iono
Thats the first thing I think of when someone says abduction lol =[

Thorn says:
heh
"The person farthest from me seemed to give out all the orders.  People were tapping away at computers left and right.  I started to panic, and tried to break free.  The straps started to give way, when suddenly a girl walked into the room and spoke.  Her voice was somewhat calming, and I settled back. 'Easy there.  This won't hurt a bit... I'm sorry, I should tell you what's going on, huh?'
"'I'm Cherry.  And these people are all... my, you're cute.  How do I look?  Like my perfume?  Take a whiff...'
And like an idiot, I chloroformed myself again.

XD
Thorn says:
(now, to decide what happens while I'm out cold)
(any ideas?)

ANAL PROB-*shot*
er
Cyborg implants?
Computer chip implanted into your brain?

Thorn says:
Er, the middle, no.  The last one, maybe...
Oh, and the first, no
the middle one's on some stupid kid's cartoon my dad watches

X)
Thorn says:
Hm, actually, all that joking about re-implememting GRA... this actually seems like a good time, if I can draw some sprites, heh.

So there you go.  RPG --> dragons, purple, meatspin.  Thorn --> unknown, some sort of experiment.
I'll figure something out.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 08:06:32 pm »
Don't forget the OHRRPGCE. I found it to be pretty good. It has a lot of features, and it can be expanded
a lot with plotscripting. The main limitation might be the graphics: 320x240 and with 8-bit colour.
But it still doesn't look too terrible.

Oh, and it's free. Not a trial or anything.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 08:23:16 pm »
I've got an idea for a character based on me.
-Personality: Cold, calculating tactician sort with hidden soft spots for certain things. More of a supporting player than a main character.
-Weapon choices: Guns of all sorts.
-Play Style: Sort of like a Ranger class. Specailizes in disabling sniper techs and low level white magic.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 09:27:09 pm »
Mind if I take some of the ideas? I need suggestions as well as I am making a game as well.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 12:32:29 am »
Okay, in order...

RPG
Feel free to put details on the personality.  I'm thick-headed when it comes to analyzing personality, unless it's blatant.

RingRush
Just give me a description and a personality.

GS93
1: Well, I think you're known enough to be a party member.  Again, I'm gonna put as many cool/well-known people, but I'm gonna have to make the people make a choice to see who they'll use.
2: Fists are good.  You're not that restricted, as you can make lots of things.  All I have to do is make some sort of weapon equivelant.  Soul fist, perhaps?  Some sort of essense that powers up punches as a weapon, and the punches can be bare-fisted.
3: Yeah, I can pull stuff from sites, but I figured if someone here wanted to contribute, it'd be nice.  Also, as for appearance, I'm overhauling the sprites in the sets personally, so any description.  And I 've got experience.  See the Nack/Fang sprite in my avatar?  Edited it myself from a Sonic sprite from Sonic Advance.
4: (From wall of text)  So what's that all about?

Rick
Hm.  Go ahead.  I wouldn't mind a link.  Also, I'd prefer you think of your own ideas, but if you want to take minor stuff, sure, I guess.  Also, I don't have time to get a link right now, but I do have it on me.  Next time.

Genus
Be prepared for major overhaul!  I don't even know how to do some of that stuff.  Especially the self-damaging stuff.  As for story ideas, I may take a few small things, but nothing big.  Also, do you have a description or look of a hammerclaw?

Magnum
But what would you look like?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 12:41:35 am by Quartz »
Hi

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 11:52:46 am »
Catchphrases...hm...."RPG - 42 The World - 16" "Rock 'N' Roll" "EGADS" etc
I swear RPG vs. The World was a higher score than that.

Also I'll think about this but I'm probably too lazy to actually do anything with it. And I have a shitload of homework this week that I'm supposedly doing right now.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 01:33:32 pm »
Quartz, I've gotta wonder why you call me GS93 still.  Less keys to hit, yeah, but that doesn't roll off of your tounge funny? :P

Also in response to your fourth point, it's nothing.  RPG and I read genus's extremely thought-out backstory, then we joked around about random crap.  Just thought I'd post it to look like I cared as much as genus.  Something tells me you've already got most things planned out.

For your third point... well, I could try MIDI, but no promises.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 02:45:24 pm »
Looks: Are there any dudes with brown hair and dark clothing in the game? If this is what I think it is, TSC Misadventures (crude joke title) is going to be cool.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 07:10:17 pm »
I'll be a generic RPG person who has lost his items and must get it back (in this case, rings). You know, the extremely bland and annoying kind you see in every game that gives you the largest fetch quest in the entire game <_<
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 08:41:07 pm »
Well... the overwoldsprites are gone in that site (that's what I get for not going there in about 2-3 years).However, if you still need sprites, here is he link: http://www.spriters-resource.com/index.php

Yeah... not the best place but, it gets the job done and also all I needed was the minor ideas so, thanks.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 10:40:39 pm »
GS93: I prefer calling people by their original screenname or handle.  Simple as that.  Besides, I don't say it.  Also, feel free to state attacks and appearance.

Magnum: I can make one.  Feel free to put more of a description, though.

RingRush: I'll... see what there is.  Sure you don't want a unique appearance?

Rick: Oh.  EVERYONE'S heard of there.  Well, nice try, though.
Hi

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 11:08:23 pm »
Had a strong feeling that was the case. <_<
Fireball20xl had links to almost every spriting website but, not sure what happened to the links.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 12:14:19 am »
I'm fine with whatever is easiest to put in. As long as I am obviously a boy. There are too many video game characters nowadays where you can't tell their gender.

Print

Hits: 481 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.25 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.