don't click here

ITT we post how much we get owned.

Print

Author Topic: ITT we post how much we get owned.  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
ITT we post how much we get owned.
« on: February 01, 2007, 11:45:31 pm »
Don't you hate it when you're about to accomplish a goal and luck or bad timing decides to act against your will?

Yeah so do I. Especially when you're about to get a ring record. But this has nothing to do with taking hits; I didn't take one throughout the entire run! Instead... this.

The pic's of shit quality, so I'll explain the situation. Ring counter is 414, character is Tails. On the far right of the screen is the goal. Guaranteed record, right?

You can't read the timer, can you? See, I'm not a pussy, and thus play with Time Over. Now if you don't know what it is, you're retarded, but I'll tell you anyways. It reads 9:59:99. I GOT A FUCKING TIME OVER LESS THAN A SECOND AWAY FROM THE GOAL.

Naturally this makes the run invalid. :/

Share your thoughts/similar experiences. From anything. That's why it's in Grazing.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Re: ITT we post how much we get owned.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 12:29:12 am »
Ah, records being pulled from under your feet right when they're surely yours.
A couple of my experiences from a few months back:

In Sonic Rush score runs, it's in your best interest to max out the trick ranking, then purposely die and then play through the level. On Night Carnival 1, I believe it was, I had finally broken 300 rings on a score run, getting maximum rings from both random containers, and finishing the level with style. It was going to be enough for a new high score.  Moments after, I discover on this particular run (had been doing quite a few) I had forgotten to max out the tricks beforehand XD. This means my score had failed, and I haven't had good enough luck for both random containers to be maximum values on a score run ever since...

Also relating to Sonic Rush, on the Altitude Limit boss, in one of my runs, the boss attack set truly couldn't have been faster, allowing me the chance for a (near) perfect time. Then on his last rather simple attack, I got hit...twice XD, causing me to lose several seconds, and ruining my claim to such a record.

It always sucks when stuff like this happens, but if everything went smoothly and according to planned all the time, life would be pretty boring.
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Print

Hits: 135 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 990.03 KB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.