don't click here

Emulators and Rings

Print

Author Topic: Emulators and Rings  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Ring Rush

Emulators and Rings
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:36:49 pm »
This isn't a BS call. But this looked like the best forum to ask a question about a rule.

Is it legal to use an emulator to get ring records? Here is the situation:

- As you may know, SA2(DC) and SA2:B have a few levels where the ring layout is different. Too get all ring records, you must have both versions.
- Since I don't have a DC, I downloaded SA2. The only problem is, its a dreamcast game. You probably know that dreamcast emulation sucks - the game has a 10-20 frame rate compared to the regular 60!
- This extreme slow down allows for much faster reaction time. It is much easier to input actions quickly and to get better timing. This is what causes the dilemma: is it okay to have an advantage like this over the console DC?
- One last note: I have already gotten the max of this stage on GC. The only difference is a few lines of rings are longer in the DC version, allowing for 8 extra rings. I will have to do no maneuvers I haven't done on my normal-speed GC version.

Edit: WOW I AM STUPID. This belongs in Information Kiosk >_______>
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:50:15 am by Ring Rush »
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Print

Hits: 117 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 974.30 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.