don't click here

Attn: All with '06 and Vidding Abilities

Print

Author Topic: Attn: All with '06 and Vidding Abilities  (Read 6964 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Attn: All with '06 and Vidding Abilities
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:19:12 pm »
(Alt topic title: Who Wants to Make some GFaqs Members Eat Their Words?)

Simple request here.
Stop by the '06 boards on GFaqs if you haven't already.  Ten hate topics to every topic about actually PLAYING the game.  Can we shut them all down?  Hell no.  Can we show them the shitty controls, a lame-ass camera, and abusive power-ups don't kill the game entirely?  Maybe, we haven't tried yet; odds are "no" but I say we try anyway.  Do we care about GFaqs anyway?  ...meh.

I'm proposing that anyone who can make a vid, no matter the quality *hides Chaotix vids* should vid a few of their favorite levels.  We collect the footage, take snippets of various levels and characters, and compile it into one vid.  Nobody has to spill their best strats, it's all just showing that we CAN play the game, and to hell with the excuses that everybody harps on.  The best part is, once we make a vid and post it on GFaqs, people can say whatever they care to, and their opinion becomes next to meaningless for anybody else.  People who haven't played the game can watch the vid and make their OWN opinions instead of hearing a bunch of crap.

I know this is a long shot.  I know it'll never work.  But why not try?  It's an excuse to make that YouTube account for TSC Spaceshippers/Admins that sommebody proposed, and a way for us to reach an audience without words.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Crowbar

Re: Attn: All with '06 and Vidding Abilities
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 05:48:55 pm »
Dude, don't bother. They think what they think and you can't change that. A video showing that you're somehow able to cope with the game's copious flaws (which, now that I've actually played a bit, I can actually comment on, but that's not for this thread) will certainly not achieve that. The flaws are there, they see them, they ruin the game for them, regardless of whether you're able to look past them and regardless of whether you think you're more in the right for being able to do so.

Just don't bother with message boards that piss you off. It's that simple.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 10:53:25 pm »
It's GameFAQs. There just isn't any hope.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 04:27:03 pm »
Yeah, I know.  Looking back to 24 hours ago, I think I might've just been venting.  I like to try to see what Sonic fans who haven't been enlightened by TSC (yes, that DOES exist) think of the series, and I was a bit pissed that the few I did see were drowned out the way they were.  Effy, I have one post there every three weeks, I don't try too hard to be heard there.

* Thorn copies various TSC members by putting TSC URL in GFaqs sig.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • ^ sonicandamy-your lovable sonic rush boss leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 05:00:42 pm »
so just any video of use doing good in 06? like i can vid wave ocean with blaze (she does have the best controls anyways) It's my first 1st place TA level :)

edit: after reading the rest of the post it seems like you dont want to do it anymore :(. if you change ur mind give me a shout
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 05:10:01 pm by sonicandamy »
Megabyte-sized sigs can get off the internet.
-Rolken

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 05:58:17 pm »
GameFAQs is supremely lol, and it always has been, so I wouldn't even bother even if I had vidding abilities. I empathize, though. I personally don't find as many flaws in Sonic games as these people do, unless I'm actually trying, in which case I've already gone through tons of it, and I'd love for them to see how playable I feel Neo-Sonic games are. However, despite this, you just can't change someone's opinion like that. These people are dead-set on retrogaming and SA2B obsession, and knowing them after having a minor argument with one of these people once, you will NOT like what their responses will be, and some may in fact be true (although usually only to a certain degree). For example, they might say something like "oh, you had to go through several restarts". It's worthless arguing with them, because not only will they get pissed and look like an ass to people like us and Neo-Sonic fans, but you'll look like an ass too.

In short, this is like blowing out a large fire. You think it's possible to kill it slowly in parts, but in fact it does nothing, brings you near the fire, and is a dumb idea. Sorry, thorn, but that's just the way it is.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • ^ sonicandamy-your lovable sonic rush boss leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 06:01:53 pm »
comeon, I thought SA2B was dumb till I saw the speed video's
Megabyte-sized sigs can get off the internet.
-Rolken

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 06:18:38 pm »
^Funny, other people saw the speed videos that somebody jacked from us and put in his GameSpot profile, and everyone was like "lolz u died so teh speed run no count" or "you modded the game".  My idea beind the topic was to try to get a few people to say "holy shit, who is that good?", and we could say "TSC (insert ZZ Top looping finger point here)".  But now that you've got me reminiscing about the GameSpot vids, I realize that any and all effects of this plan would be shot to hell in a handbasket.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 06:41:35 pm »
^Funny, other people saw the speed videos that somebody jacked from us and put in his GameSpot profile, and everyone was like "lolz u died so teh speed run no count" or "you modded the game".  My idea beind the topic was to try to get a few people to say "holy shit, who is that good?", and we could say "TSC (insert ZZ Top looping finger point here)".  But now that you've got me reminiscing about the GameSpot vids, I realize that any and all effects of this plan would be shot to hell in a handbasket.

Strange, I got those GameSpot videos by googling. And that is what convinced me to come here.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 06:49:55 pm »
Hey, I don't think publicity hurts, I was just reading the comments underneath those videos.  I'm not saying that everyone off of TSC is a n00b and that we don't get respect.  After I and a few other TSCers informed GameSpot that the guy who had our SA2 vids didn't give credit, a link to here showed up under each vid, and we had quite a few members come because of the vids.

Also, Forum Tip of the Day: a nice ^ at the start of a post = addressing above post.  Saves others some scrolling time and reading time.
* Thorn smacks his goofy PC mouse again.

Print

Hits: 671 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.