don't click here

Pokemon - SonicBlue Version

Print

Author Topic: Pokemon - SonicBlue Version  (Read 12399 times)

Offline JBertolli

Pokemon - SonicBlue Version
« on: January 19, 2008, 09:01:34 pm »
Thought I'd go ahead and get really started on this. Sure, may seem dumb, but it will at least be interesting to create. This game mixes Sonic characters with Pokemon physics.

"Sonic yet again just barely foils Eggman's plans. And again, he misuses the chaos emeralds and everyone in his world are transported to the Pokemon world. A new island is created with many features of the regions of Sonic's world (Pumpkin Hill, Green Hill, Angel Island, etc.). Only humans resume their normal forms and personalities. Everyone else, like Sonic, become pokemon and take on pokemon traits. Eggman ends up in the forest area of a legendary pokemon who freezes him. One hundred years later, Eggman thaws and puts the legendary pokemon to sleep. The only way to wake it is with the Master Emerald (obtained by defeating the Elite 4). Eggman finds that the island is inhabited by other humans and that Sonic, his friends, and the robots are now pokemon. He gets Team Magma to team up with him to become Team Egg. Your character decides to go on a journey to collect all gym badges and defeat the Elite 4. In the poccess, he must battle Eggman many times."

Typical Pokemon style. So far, I have totaled 100 Sonic related pokemon (and a few others), there are seven gym leaders (one for each chaos emerald), and the gym leaders, elite 4, and the rival are based on us here at TSC! I just need a list of people who'd like to be those 13 people. To be one, you must tell me your name and give me a picture (no I am not Kira). You can also suggest a pokemon type and who you would like to be (if they are open). Here is my list:

Rival: DarkspinesSonic (Carlos)

Gym Leaders:
Sondow/Alex - ???
Quartz/??? - Dark
PPA/??? - Psychic
Taco/Dan - ???

Elite Four:
CosmicFalcon - Females
RPG/Dan - Dragon
Mike89/Mike - Champion

And that is it so far. That means 6 more gyms are open and 3 more elite four members are open.

Here is a list of pokemon and route/cave/etc. designs

It might be helpful if someone who thinks this is interesting to help. Most likely a spriter and possibly a programmer; someone who can script.

Be happy to lol at this idea :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 11:01:52 pm by DarkspinesRaichu »

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon - SonicBlue Version
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 09:10:50 pm »
There is an eighth emerald (gold), you should probably add it for the sake of keeping the gym number 8.

Also yeaaa I'm a gym leader >__>
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 11:12:12 pm »
Do I have to do anything?

because if not, then I want to be a gym leader

and make my pokemon type Taco ok thankyous

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 11:15:55 pm »
What?  But I want to be called Quartz!  And have a dark gym.
Hi

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 05:37:05 am »
Could I be a Gym leader too? I could replace Pyro! *looks at avatar* Oh the irony.
A psycho gym would be fine too. Also tell me if I should specify which pokemans I'd suggest.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 12:20:19 pm »
I foresee a LOT of nonevolving "Pokemon".

Unless, of course, you have things evolve into themselves... i.e., appearance, name, etc don't change, just the base stats do.

I assume, for the sake of plot, that all the Egg-* 'mons are artificially created by Eggman and Team Egg and also used by them? Sort of ironic if this is the case that Team Egg should be derived from Team Magma, and go from mainly fire/ground to steel, thus being weak against their old type favourites.

Anyway, dibs on a Gym. Maybe an E4 place. I don't know. I say maybe an E4 place cuz rather than a type I feel I should fight with female Sonicmons, and non-type themes tend to occur on E4 rather than in a gym if at all. Tikal/Amy/Rouge. Save the bounciest til last of course.

"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 08:45:29 pm »
If I unlazy myself, I can get to sprites <_<

Also, where's the Tails Doll?  And why are most of the dark types lame?  >_>
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:57:11 pm by Taillow »
Hi

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 11:01:03 pm »
They are lame because you have to type them how they are typed >_> It would be cool if you cuold do some sprites for those who are hard to make (for me at least) who don't already have decent sprites made by others. I'd love to see a Biolizard sprite (facing you)P: As for Tail's doll... I'd like the pokemon list to be a good number like 100, 110, 1000 120. So think about 9 or 19 more or something.

CF, there are some evolutions but not nearly as much as traditional pokemon. I need to get to listing the evolutions, too. As for the Egg-mons, they are meant to have been made pokemon just like Sonic and friends. Let's just leave it as they were left over by Eggman and are now able to control themselves. I'm trying to limit the story of how the world became how it was because it might get complicated >_> As for your E4 spot, that seems like a decent idea, I guess it would fit your style? But Tikal is equal to Rayquaza. You can't get it until you beat the Elite 4 and she is at level 70. Maybe I'll give Sky an altered version of the hack where he can start with Tikal or something >_> Oh, anyway, that means nobody gets Tikal (or the Metals, Supers, or PerfectChaos, Biolizard, MetalOverlord, or BlackDoom). I guess I won't need names, people won't recognize you as well with your real name anyway. But at least a sort of image or crappy sprite based on your looks would be enough. Just so I can make your sprite accurate to what you look like. Also, if you don't choose a type, I will :D shit, why is this post going on so long?

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 12:26:15 am »
No, I meant the dark choices.  I don't like those villains.  <_<

Hopefully my gym doesn't have many pokemon so I don't have to choose a lot.  And I can make myself a trainer sprite.

As for choices... you already have nintendo characters in there <_<  That and I can only think of E whatever Phi, Ulala (you put aiai and NiGHTS in), the mascots included in Zero Gravity... there's plenty of other choices for replacements.
Hi

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 12:36:45 am »
You mean Team Egg? What ekse could you mean by villains?

Also, does someone know where I can download Pokescript before I find it myself. One of the last items I need for this project is Pokescript because ScriptEd doesn't seem to want to work for me (Not for R/S ROMs anyway).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 12:43:39 am by DarkspinesRaichu »

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 02:38:56 am »
You mean Team Egg? What ekse could you mean by villains?

Well, the specific villains and the lack of choice.  Doom's Eye, Biolizard, and Black Bull.  But I guess there's not much dark.
Hi

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 07:49:43 am »
I'll get round to some kind of graphical design some day maybe. X)

As for actually choosing a type... er... oh I know I should clearly do something bizarre like Flying. Rouge is Flying, Cream is Flying... isn't one of the Riders characters female? *shrug*
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 11:38:42 am »
Quote from: CosmicFalcon
I feel I should fight with female Sonicmons, and non-type themes tend to occur on E4 rather than in a gym if at all.

If it's females you're looking for lemme see here,

* Rick uses PSI Flashback

Amy, Rouge, Tikal, Cream, Blaze, Marine, and Wave. Adds up to six if you can't get Tikal. Which means you have your set right there. :P and I thought PPA was a furry...
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 01:42:52 pm »
I  would like to nominate Rolken for Elite 4 champ!
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 11:24:07 am »
I'll get round to some kind of graphical design some day maybe. X)

As for actually choosing a type... er... oh I know I should clearly do something bizarre like Flying. Rouge is Flying, Cream is Flying... isn't one of the Riders characters female? *shrug*

Well, I'd say for flying females: Rouge, Cream, Wave, and.... Charmy >_>! (though I guess if I say Charmy, Tails could be one, too) I chose Mike as champ because that is what he is. He doesn't like Pokemon does he? If not, oh well, I'll choose his Pokemon <_< As for Rolken, I'll let him into the Elite 4 if he asks. Okay, the first things I am to work on are plans and sprites. AWAY!

Print

Hits: 296 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.17 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.