don't click here

06 Cutscene Discussion Topic (Spoilers)

Print

Author Topic: 06 Cutscene Discussion Topic (Spoilers)  (Read 8401 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

06 Cutscene Discussion Topic (Spoilers)
« on: December 17, 2006, 02:36:12 pm »
Discuss the cutscenes from 06 here. We can talk about the worst and the best from each of the storylines. I'm interested to see what we all can come up with. I'd also like to hear your favorite lines from the game, as well.

SPOILER WARNING, okay everyone.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Crowbar

Re: 06 Cutscene Discussion Topic (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 05:15:42 pm »
Hooray discussion I can actually engage in without feeling like I'm sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles fucking suck throughout, in every respect. Seriously, they're lifeless characters with nothing going for them anymore. Sonic actually showing some sort of feelings for Elise tries to add something, but it's just so meh that it can't help him anymore. To my surprise, I now find Shadow much more entertaining. His last cutscene is pretty cool. In fact, every time Mephiles tries to get him to go bad and he doesn't listen is pretty sweet.

Silver's okay. I lol at how he can fly indefinitely and at high speeds in the first cutscene, but clearly can do neither in-game. Blaze is...well, I like her relationship with Silver, and her sacrifice at the end, but she's just not the same character she was in Rush (she shouldn't be, of course, since she'd developed by the end of it, but even given that she felt off).

Sonic's death sucks. As does every other character's reaction to it.

Also, Amy needs to die. Seriously, just kill her off. She barely scrapes above 1-dimensionality (though it does beat Knuckles and Tails's 0-dimensionality...). Of course, she could just stop obsessing over Sonic, but that's even less likely to happen.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 06:22:02 pm »
The ending was lame.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline F-Man

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 07:20:38 pm »
This topic is soooo going to suck.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 04:09:55 pm »
It's almost unanimous that Shadow's story may very well be the best of the three storylines, according to what people have been saying about it.

I thought it was funny, too, regarding Silver, being able to fly so long in the cutscene but not able to do that in the stages. :P

Sonic's death was... eh.. it was meh. On one hand, the way it was done, graphics and reactions aside was pretty good, IMO. The flaws, though, are hard to miss. First off, there are only characters to show true sadness over Sonic's death, whilst still remaining true to their character.

Tails: I kinda expected him to show more emotion considering what happened in previous games and considering their bond together.
Knuckles: I just hated his face throughout the entire game. And his line, "Sonic!" with the face he showed... Nu uh, didn't suit him.
Amy: Pretty well done I guess...
Silver: He shows more signs of remorse than... oh let's say, Knuckles, when Silver just met Sonic! :S Anyway, I liked his lines and his attitude towards it.
Shadow: Probably the best. Could hardly look at Sonic without getting upset.
Rouge: It was okay I guess.
Omega: Just.. no. :P
Eggman: Even he showed SOME signs of sadness so I guess what they did with him was pretty well done.

Aside from the reactions, the cutting and other stuff was somewhat...well sloppy.
I laughed when Knuckles ran the wrong way at first when they all left to get the Emeralds. So jokes.

I think I understood the time-space rift stuff and Solaris pretty well in terms of story but I don't get how Amy, Tails and Knuckles survived. It's not like they had a Chaos Emerald like Shadow, Rouge, Omega (not one each) and Silver did. Weird but anyway...

One pet peeve about Silver's ending sequence is the music that was played. Remember, F-Man? He even commented that it sounded like music that was played during a Disney movie or something. But seriously, the scene was so emotional and it didn't suit it at all. I liked the rest of it though.

Also, I knew F-M was gonna say some sorta smart-allic remark. ;)
I'll mention some other scenes in the next post. I'll start with Sonic's then work my way through. Just some highlights I guess.
Wiiloveit

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 04:32:18 pm »
It's time for me to make a smart allec remark with my super twisted parody of the Last Story. Note: For this to work, you're going to have to imagine the voice of the news anchor to be like a twisted, sarcastic, slightly evil news anchor. (douglas would probably get the reference). *Scene is instead of being in the game is in a news broad cast setting.
-News anchor: It's 6 o'clock and time for the news. Earlier today, once popular gaming celebraty Sonic the Hedgehog has been murdered. (Shows footage) The incident occured during the shooting of his lowly rated game, Sonic the Hedgehog 06, in which a black tinged wild tribesman attacked him. Due to the hassle investigation causes, police have simply deemed it a homicide. He was a mega star at one time, nobody cares enough to look for him.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 02:12:58 pm »
Lol. Nice. :P
Wiiloveit

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 10:27:18 pm »
I'm glad someone thought that was funny. If the Wii Sonic game turns out really well critically, I've got another joke with a similar theme ready for it. Here's the challenge for you. Find the game and specific scene from which I got my inspiration for that piece of dark humor.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 03:15:10 pm »
I'm glad someone thought that was funny. If the Wii Sonic game turns out really well critically, I've got another joke with a similar theme ready for it. Here's the challenge for you. Find the game and specific scene from which I got my inspiration for that piece of dark humor.

First question: S'it a Sonic game? It sounded familiar and I made a picture in my mind for some reason...
Wiiloveit

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 01:05:38 pm »
Wrong. Here's a hint. It's a PS2 RPG. *Punishes wrong answer by putting on a cheap Godzilla knock off costume, complete with paper airplanes attached to costume by string, then breathes fire on player to be punished.*

Offline eggFL

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 05:22:54 am »
Shadow's story is the basically the worst. It's just about Mephiles. Crowbar, you say that it's cool that Shadow denies Mephiles's attempts to sway Shadow, but I don't agree. Maybe it's cool in principle, but I don't see it. Shadow was fine emo. At least with Black Doom, he sort of believed him. That was more interesting and more entertaining. Now it's like, some random evil guy comes along and does his typical banter and says "Shadow join me!" and Shadow's like "no" and it just doesn't have any impact to anything in Shadow The Hedgehog. (like the "THIS IS WHO I AM" sequences)

Plus it was repetitive since like 3-4 times in his story it was just Mephiles confrontations in various locations and points in time (including the BEACH in BROAD DAYLIGHT, sigh), Mephiles saying "can you join me now?" and Shadow just saying "maybe, but NO" *fightscene* pretty weenie

There are a couple of good moments in Shadow's story, like the entire cutscene where Mephiles first appears in Kingdom Valley.

Silver's story is most definitely the best. Sonic's is the 2nd best.

I didn't really mind that Silver could fly in the cutscene but not the gameplay. One thing I did like is that even though he can't fly, Silver is still incredibly powerful in-game, and can do the same stuff to Sonic that he can in the cutscenes, even in 2 player. It's wild. (although, Sonic and Shadow are way more powerful in-game than they are in cutscenes, homing attack left and right like godmodders)

Sonic's death was shit. The entire last story was shit. The last story was the only thing in the entire game creative-wise that I truly disliked. (that and they kind of botched Knuckles in-game) The ending was great, though, THANKFULLY.

I love Amy. Long live Amy.

I LOVE SILVER. He's so cute!

They nerfed Omega. He used to be ... well, Omega... now he's BEEP BEEP I'M A ROBOT. But it really doesn't matter because he's freakin Omega. Anyway I like how he travels through time by living through it... and with the time loop in the story cnosidered, he is technically of infinite age... that was neat.

What was wrong with the music in Silver's ending? I'll look at it again later.

magnum - is it Disgaea? =|
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 05:29:33 am by eggFL »

Print

Hits: 752 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.12 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.