don't click here

Games that need to be on the VC.

Print

Author Topic: Games that need to be on the VC.  (Read 13036 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Games that need to be on the VC.
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:29:55 am »
Topic is simple enough. Discuss the games you think should be on the Virtual Console.

1. U.N. Squadren: A port that actually surpassed the Arcade version. Tight controls, cool power ups, several planes with different play styles and difficulty that was just right produces one of the best 2d shooters ever made. Was also one of the first SNES games.
2. Kirby's Super Star: THE definitive Kirby game. Wide variety of powers, cool bosses, and some of the deepest combat ever seen in a Kirby game. Also needs to be on the VC because it was pretty rare in the US. (I'm lucky I have a copy.)
3. Demon's Crest: One of the best games of 1994. Lots of stuff to do, multiple endings and overall fun gameplay. Needs to be on the VC because it is one of the most tragically under the radar games ever. (Sold really poorly when released due to virtually no publicity which is a shame since most people who played it loved it.)
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline P.P.A.

Re: Games that need to be on the VC.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 07:16:25 am »
NONE BECAUSE THE VC IS A PILE OF OVERPRICED SHIT

Oh wait, Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 would be nice. But they couldn't do the GB compatiblity again so maybe not. :(
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 10:39:42 am »
As unlikely as they are, DK64, Diddy Cart, and the Banjo-Kazooie series.  I wish.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 10:41:48 am »
Oh yeah, those. (I only approve of N64 games on the VC because they're less blurry than the originals. But still overpriced.)
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 03:45:45 pm »
if DKC2 and 3 got on there, I wouldn't be surprised about more rare games.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 06:04:37 pm »
Super Mario Kart (SNES)

Offline F-Man

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 03:14:20 am »
Oh yeah, those. (I only approve of N64 games on the VC because they're less blurry than the originals. But still overpriced.)
Complete opposite for me. Non N64 games are just like they've always been, but on a current console and legal. N64 however, I'll jump when they start to even begin comparing to PC emulation. And on that subject I'll bring up a post you made elsewhere.

Quote from: P.P.A.
Quote from: F-Man
You should already be able to play them for free at 1080p on a TV if you have a "computer".
I can't enjoy games on emulators. Either they're on tiny windows which completely ruins the feel or the games are fullscreen but look extremely upscaled. And sitting so close to the monitor when playing doesn't appeal me either.
The picture's not upscaled, the game polygons are entirely rendered at an higher resolution natively, giving the most optimal graphical update you can wish for without changing the game data, but if you want to change the game data, using custom higher resolution textures is also possible. And there's widescreen support too while we're at it. And sitting close to a monitor is irrelevant when using a TV.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 11:36:12 am »
Oh wait, Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 would be nice. But they couldn't do the GB compatiblity again so maybe not. :(

It wouldn't be that they couldn't, more that they wouldn't. Wiimote has an expansion port, I don't see why it isn't possible.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 09:12:52 am »
Topic is simple enough. Discuss the games you think should be on the Virtual Console.

1. U.N. Squadren: A port that actually surpassed the Arcade version. Tight controls, cool power ups, several planes with different play styles and difficulty that was just right produces one of the best 2d shooters ever made. Was also one of the first SNES games.
2. Kirby's Super Star: THE definitive Kirby game. Wide variety of powers, cool bosses, and some of the deepest combat ever seen in a Kirby game. Also needs to be on the VC because it was pretty rare in the US. (I'm lucky I have a copy.)
3. Demon's Crest: One of the best games of 1994. Lots of stuff to do, multiple endings and overall fun gameplay. Needs to be on the VC because it is one of the most tragically under the radar games ever. (Sold really poorly when released due to virtually no publicity which is a shame since most people who played it loved it.)
I say that kirby 64 was as good as Kirby's Super Star. Also, most of the things I want are on the VC, though I'm hoping they put Chameleon Twist(for N64)on VC. Maby Mario Kart(Snes).
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline Ben

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:28:45 am »
Unirally, Super Star Wars trilogy.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 01:03:42 pm »
Knuckles Chaotix, Banjo-Tooie, DK64, the list goes on.

Kirby Superstar also.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 06:19:32 pm »
KC won't make it because VC only supports GeneDrive; maybe when (if) they add 32X it'll happen.  I think it's available on GameTap or something though, I found it sometime last fall....
And thumbs up for more Kirby.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 06:22:02 pm »
^ Yeah, it can be found on GameTap, as can NiGHTS for those who don't want to import the Japanese PS2 remake.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 09:16:28 pm »
I don't know if it's possible or not due to shared rights or something along these lines, but I would love to see games like Perfect Dark or Resident Evil 2 on the Virtual Console. The first one with an online mode would be awesome (can't I dream? >_>). Star Wars: Rogue Squadron would be nice too.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 08:30:27 am »
Unirally

Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 05:56:36 pm »
Buck Bumble!

>_____>

<3 Thorn.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 09:11:27 pm »
Super MaNrio 64.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Print

Hits: 237 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.20 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.