don't click here

Next gen Sonic is out.

Print

Author Topic: Next gen Sonic is out.  (Read 8669 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Next gen Sonic is out.
« on: November 13, 2006, 11:33:20 pm »
I just got a copy of the next gen Sonic game for the X-Box 360. Sonic has his bounce ball attack (need upgrade) and custom actions that can be changed at will during action stages by pressing the d-pad. Shadow has new chaos powers in addition to Chaos Spear and Chaos Blast. These powers are Chaos Snap (Offensive version of Chaos Control that can be chained up to five times) and Chaos Lance (more powerful version of Chaos Spear that shoots red bursts of energy. The new powers (and Chaos Blast) need your Chaos Boost gauge to be full to various levels. Level one allows Chaos Snap, level 2 allows Chaos Lance, and level 3 allows Chaos Blast. Note: Need upgrades to use Chaos Boost techniques. In addition to the main characters, Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Omega, Amy, and Blaze.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Rolken

Re: Next gen Sonic is out.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 02:17:24 am »
:o!

How'd you get it? Doesn't it not ship till today?

Also I call chatroom realtime impressions >_>
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline F-Man

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 10:02:44 am »
I call videos plz.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 02:47:13 pm »
concur'd
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 02:58:40 pm »
"custom actions"

If I can actually make actions for sonic... then I am more than excited about this.

Of course, it's probably extremely limited, but either way I'd like to know what it is like.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 03:04:35 pm »
"custom actions"

If I can actually make actions for sonic... then I am more than excited about this.

Of course, it's probably extremely limited, but either way I'd like to know what it is like.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=929718&topic=31567103

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 03:33:10 pm »
gracias mr. effy.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 06:47:23 pm »
I would also love to see a few vids. Enjoy the game! What story you at, thus far? Explore Multiplayer options yet? Are the Town Missions timed? Do Boss stages record Score, Time AND Rings.

Curiousity abounds. :)
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 08:05:23 pm »
Also, what is Xbox Live's relation to the game?

Offline F-Man

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 08:19:43 pm »
magnum, you said in the chat you couldn't make videos but possibly could record audio. If you can, please try to get some of the better music from the game, especially the Wave Ocean mach speed area BGM.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 08:38:17 pm »
Magnum goes to the chat? Huh, I never knew that.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 08:53:43 pm »
Magnum goes to the chat? Huh, I never knew that.
Yeah, it was quite a shock. :P First time I ever saw him in there, except on October 3rd when he practically didn't say anything and left.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 09:26:32 pm by F-Man »

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 10:36:22 pm »
Here's a summary of the stuff I talked about in part 1 of my little "Sonic 06 Press Conference" Note: I only played through 2 stages and 2 boss fights as Sonic.
1. The camera still has issues, but thanks to the auto center button, is considerably less painful to deal with than SA:2's awful camera.
2. The get rings to increase speed thing has been grossly exagerated. You don't need many rings to go fast.
3. The homing attack now requires timed presses to get the most out of it.
4. I went through 2 stages; Wave Ocean and some desert level. Wave Ocean was a pseudo re-mix of Emerald Coast. About 1/3 through the level, you play as Tails. He's slower than in SA but he has this fake ring attack (must be airborne to use) that explodes on impact like a ground bomb. Your objective as Tails is to find a switch (looks like the knob like switches in SA2). The mach speed section is like part 2 of SA's Speed Highway (Sonic) and was cool. The desert level gives you the ability to use Princess Elsie's special power to prevent you from sinking into the sand (instant kill BTW). The level designs were quite fun. They're also considerably longer than a typical Sonic game. Despite getting an S rank on my first go (partially due to my inherent instinct to crush all enemies in my way), the desert stage took about 4 minutes to finish.
5. The enemy and boss designs are cool. The robots actually look dangerous, the kind of robots I'd want to fight again and again. The first boss alone was one of the coolest bosses in years. (So far from what I've seen of boss designs, they look like stuff I would throw at players if I was in Sonic Team.) It was called Egg Cerberus and it looked like a giant wolf.
6. Be careful, Silver can juggle you if you're not careful.
7. The adventure segments are an improved version of SA. You get a mini map in which stuff that's important is designated on the map.
8. A word of caution. Check the shops OFTEN, you'll need to purchase special powers to get past certain sections.
-In response to ks8's questions, I haven't explored multiplayer yet (rarely do so). I usually check what we can compete in after clearing last story (BTW, the initial ending in last story is NOT the real ending), so I'll probably get back to the rest of those questions by next week.
-I'll be starting part 2 of my press conference, covering Silver as promised.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 05:23:17 pm »
magnum, you said in the chat you couldn't make videos but possibly could record audio. If you can, please try to get some of the better music from the game, especially the Wave Ocean mach speed area BGM.

YES, PLEASE. I love the Wave Ocean theme!! (More so than Mach Speed, though) :D

EDIT: I've bookmarked this page so I can listen to the theme: http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/sonicthehedgehog/videos/1258. :D Anyone know how to rip it from here (if magnum can't)?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:38:34 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 05:48:37 pm »
lol, looks like its time for me to get more music.

*goes to stash*
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 09:36:13 pm »
I'm falling behind. I've gotten Silver's episode 75% complete and battled Shadow, but still no unlocking Shadow yet. Oh well, that could be reserved for part 4 of my press conference. Part 3 could instead cover stuff relevant to TAing.

Print

Hits: 631 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.