don't click here

ITT SBW makes another sad attempt at a TCG

Print

Author Topic: ITT SBW makes another sad attempt at a TCG  (Read 29770 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

Re: ITT SBW makes another sad attempt at a TCG
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 04:25:39 pm »
How about Moving Floor + Falling Spikes?
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 09:57:54 pm »
Wouldn't work that way, unless something had 3 or less speed. (A lot of things will by default, though.) The way I'm thinking it works, anyways.

Also I looked at the GCCG thing SM linked to; it's definitely doable, once we have the cards and the rules ironed out. (Hell, I could probably do it myself.) Would we have a server for it?
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 10:00:11 pm »
GCCG lets you install server software for any of its available games on your computer.  This game would need its own server, but any of us could host it.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 02:54:53 am »
Ah. I've had hosting problems for almost every online game (Warcraft 3, C&C, Magic Workstation, etc.), but I'm sure someone here could host.

I'll start compiling the ideas we have here in the next couple days, as well as coming up with some of my own. I'll see if I can't get something going as far as card ideas and rules go.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 12:29:08 pm »
How many cards are allowed in a main deck/side deck? Anyway, I have some more ideas for cards, including one more addition to the "Birth of TSC4 set" I'm not sure about the costs of some of the card's I've posted being balanced since I'm not sure how fast rings typically build up in a game yet.

1. Name: Tikal
Type: Unique character (humanoid)
Rarity: Uncommon
Cost: ()6
Ring: 3
Speed: 3
Recollect: 2
Difficulty: 3
Effects: You cannot play this card if you already have a Tikal on the field. Once during your turn, you may place a spirit counter on this character by spending 5 rings. During each turn afterwards, you must pay 5 rings to maintain spirit form. Once in spirit form, Tikal gains +1 speed, +1 difficulty, and is unaffected by tile spaces or ground based obstacles. If Tikal is damaged, remove the spirit counter (losing all benefits of spirit form until activated again.
2. Name: Black Doom
Type: Unique, Alien
Rarity: Rare
Cost: 16
Speed: 3
Ring: 6
Recollect: 2
Difficulty: 5
Effects: Black Doom is unaffected by the effects of tiles or ground based obstacles. Black Arms Command: All characters with the type "Black Arms" within a radius of 3 get a +1 bonus to attack rolls and difficulty. Paralyzing Gas: By paying 5 rings, all enemy humaniod characters except Shadow within a radius of three cannot move or act until the end of your opponent's next turn. (Black Doom may not attack characters affected by the gas.)

3. Name: GUN Soldier
Type: Common humanoid
Rarity: Common
Cost: 3
Speed: 2
Ring: 2
Difficulty: 2
Effects: If this card is damaged, send it directly to the scrap heap. This card can attack any enemy character within a radius of 4.

4. (Errata) Name: TMC Portal (alternate win condition card) "Birth of TSC4'
Type: Effect
Cost: ()8
Difficulty: 1
Armor: 1
Effect: You cannot play this card unless magnum12 is in play. You cannot play this card unless both players have a unique character on the field. Place this card on a tile within 3 tiles of your capsule. Both players must pick a unique character they own. As long as this card remains on the field, players must defeat the chosen enemy character to win the game. Characters that are chosen through this method receive an armor rating of 3 as long as this card is on the field. As long as this card is on the field, both players can deploy bosses with the "Guardian" subtype as if they were normal characters.

5. Name: Harpuia "Birth of TSC4"
Type: Boss, Robot, Guardian
Cost: 25
Ring: 0
Speed: 4
Difficulty: 4
Armor: 4
Effects: This card cannot be played unless TMC Portal is on the field. This card cannot be played if the owner already controls a Guardian or Robot Master on the field. If TMC Portal is destroyed while this card is on the field, send this card to the scrap heap. Flight: This boss is unaffected by the effects of tiles and ground based obstacles. Guardian's Resolve: Whenever Harpuia is within a radius of 2 of any allied humanoid character, add +1 to attack rolls and difficulty to Harpuia. (You can apply this effect no more than 2 times.) Guardian's Fury: Whenever an allied humanoid character within a radius of two takes damage from a robot type character or boss, add +1 to attack rolls made by Harpuia against the character that caused the damage.
Notes: What I'm trying to do with these TMC cards is allow for multiple builds of the same theme to be possible. For example, one build would abuse water cards and combo it with the first Guardian card I wrote down. Another build would center around this latest Guardian's effect by using a lot of humanoid cards such as GUN soldiers, a unique Sonic character, etc. Yet another idea I have cooked up involves an "evil" TMC deck build that utilizes a more sinister, sneaky approach with cards such as "Maverick Virus" or "Model V Corruption." I'm also coming up with some ideas for Black Arms decks and some new ideas for Egg Man robot cards.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 04:01:28 pm by magnum12 »
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 06:45:45 pm »
um... someone make a BS card?
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 07:56:54 pm »
For Psyborg:
Name: I call BS "Enter the Speed Runners"
Type: Effect (quick effect, like qucik cards in MtG
Cost: 10
Effect: Activate this card whenever a character of the "TSC Member" subtype makes a successful attack roll or reaches the capsule. (Cost occurs when activated.) If used against an attack roll, the attack is negated and the hit goes to the attacker. If used against a move, send the moving character back 3 times their base speed spaces back and inflict one hit. Characters destroyed by this card are removed from play instead of sent to the scrap heap.

1. Name: Black Oak
Type: Common character, Black Arms.
Cost: 8
Speed: 2
Ring: 2
Recollect: 0
Effect: Giant Strength: Add +1 to melee attack rolls made by this creature. Giant Body: Treat this card as having an armor score of 2 when dealing damage.

2. Name: Black Worm
Type: Common character, Black Arms
Cost: 9
Speed: 1
Ring: 1
Recollect:0
Effect: When this card takes damage, send it straight to the scrap heap. This card can only move every other turn. Burrowing: This card can only be attacked in melee. Tracking Worms: Pick up to 2 adjacent enemy characters (cannot target same character twice) those creatures are automatically hit.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2006, 06:02:46 pm »
For Psyborg:
Name: I call BS "Enter the Speed Runners"
Type: Effect (quick effect, like qucik cards in MtG
Cost: 10
Effect: Activate this card whenever a character of the "TSC Member" subtype makes a successful attack roll or reaches the capsule. (Cost occurs when activated.) If used against an attack roll, the attack is negated and the hit goes to the attacker. If used against a move, send the moving character back 3 times their base speed spaces back and inflict one hit. Characters destroyed by this card are removed from play instead of sent to the scrap heap.

I was gonna suggest something more along the lines of

Name: BS "Enter the Speed Runners"
Cost: fu I dunno
Effect: When an opponent's character moves either to its full speed or more than 6 tiles exclusive, as long as BS is in play under your control, you may say "I call BS". If you do, roll a 6-sided die. If you roll a 6, that character is moved back to the tile it was on at the start of the turn and may not move again this turn.

This design kind of displays the BS calling of a all-too-fast speedrun, i.e. a character going further than they should.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 12:31:39 pm »
This next set of cards contains another alternate win condition, some ninja themed cards, and one more card for TMC decks. (Espio and Shadow are also really great cards for that kind of deck as well since TMC Portal is designed to be the center piece for any heavy combat based deck.) BTW, 500th post.
1. Name: Chaotix Headquarters "Birth of TSC4"
Type: Effect, permanent
Cost: 9
Armor: 1
Difficulty: 1
Effect: This card cannot be played unless Charmy, Vector, and Espio are on the field. Place this card within 3 spaces of your capsule. As long as this card remains on the field, the win condidtion is now to get 999 rings.

2. Name: Espio "Birth of TSC4"
Type: Humanoid, ninja
Ring: 6
Recollect: 4
Effect: Shinobi Sense: This character is unaffected by obstacle cards. Camoflague Jutsu: By paying 15 rings (supposed to be high cost due to powerful effect), place an invisibilty counter on Espio. As long as this counter is on Espio, he cannot be the target of attacks (non-obstacle effects can still target him). At the start of every turn that the counter stays on Espio, you must pay 15 rings to keep the invisibility counter on. If Espio attacks an enemy character, remove this counter. It cannot be reactivated until your next turn.

3. Kunai (Japanese throwing knife Espio throws in the Team Chaotix opening cut scene) "Birth of TSC4"
Type: Effect, equip.
Cost: 4
Effect: This card can only be equipped by a character with the "ninja" type. As long as this card is equipped, the equipped character has an attack range of three.

4. Windmill Shuriken (Basically a giant throwing star) "Birth of TSC4"
Type: Effect, equip.
Cost: 6
Effect: This card can only be equipped by a character with the "ninja" type. As long as this card is equipped, the equipped character has an attack range of two. In addition, if an enemy character is attacked by a character with this card equipped, the attacking player can also roll an attack dice at one enemy character adjacent to the attacked character.

5. Name: Assasination "Birth of TSC 4"
rarity: Uncommon
Effect: Instead of attacking with a ninja character, you may play this card to automatically hit the intended target. (Can only use this effect on one enemy character.) If the attacking character is Espio, any invisibility counters on him are removed and cannot be reactivated until the start of your next turn.

6. Name: Phantom "Birth of TSC4"
Type: Boss, robot, Guardian, ninja.
Cost: 18
Armor: 3
Difficulty: 5
Ring: 0
Recollect: 0
Effect: This card cannot be played if the owning player already has a "Guardian" type boss on the field. This card cannot be played unless TMC Portal is on the field. If TMC portal is destroyed, send this card to the Scrap Heap. Shinobi Sense: This card is unaffected by obstacle cards. Doppleganger Jutsu: Once during your opponent's attack against this card, pay 25 rings. If the attacking player rolls less than 5, this effect negates the attempted attack. If the attacking player rolls a 5 or more, they can make a normal attack with a +1 bonus to damage this card.

Print

Hits: 131 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.