don't click here

Old F-Zero Central migration?

Print

Author Topic: Old F-Zero Central migration?  (Read 3996 times)

Offline Rolken

Old F-Zero Central migration?
« on: October 27, 2006, 01:39:02 pm »
Some may remember F-Zero Central; it was a competition site from several years ago, which is largely responsible for the present existence of TSC and inspired some of its functionality. The owner ran out of time for it several years ago and bequeathed its stats and members to Mr Fixit Online, but BenB17 tipped me off that their system has apparently gone defunct and they're looking for somewhere to go. As such, I posted an invitation, and so far the response has been universally positive. So it looks like we might have visitors sooner than I thought.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: Old F-Zero Central migration?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 12:48:01 am »
I've been doing a bit of research on this situation, and here's what I've come up with:

Firstly, MFO's charts have been down since March. It appears they've temporarily moved to Cyberscore, but there's plenty of hate for it there (as well there should be, because cyberscore is gay).

Secondly, BenB17 mentioned a guy known as "Guy_Perfect" who was setting up a similar site for F-Zero competition, and to be quite honest he is reminding me of Arch0wl. He replied to the topic Rolk linked to and it seems that he wants people to wait on his site instead (which I'm betting won't eventuate to very much, given he only said he'd started working on it again upon having seen the topic). I just hope that doesn't develop into a situation where some people choose here and others choose there and there is no "true" ranking. That would be a shame.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 01:18:20 am »
damn that sucks for them, wonder what will happen to all of their vids.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 01:55:45 am »
I'd support a merge of TSC with the F-Zero site since I'm a fan of F-Zero myself. I'll have to wait until the Wii has the SNES version of F-Zero before I can seriously play though. Perhaps the merger (with the new name of TFC) would be a great first thing to do when TSC4 is finished, along with the other updates. Rats, I won't have the first "cadet branch" of TSC's tree. (A giant sugar cookie to whoever figures out the cadet branch reference.) Oh well, that gives me more time to conduct research on MMPU (it actually tracks time and score) with my newly bought PSP. I think we should have a little poll concerning our feelings about a potential merger.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 03:38:50 am »
I'm definetly in full support of this!

I've always wanted  to get good at the F-zero games anyway.

lol, my best snaking time for mute city still doesn't beat the best non-snaking time!

Offline BPA

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 07:51:01 am »
Nice to see a positive vibe from people here about the idea =) I'm a staff member of MFO right now, we've been desperate for a new home for some time so this whole migration business is looking pretty good for us.

And yes, "Guy_Perfect" is a real pain in the arse. Very uptight, very self-centered.

It's cool to hear Sonic players want to join F-Zero ladders if they come here, I for one would like to compete at Sonic games as well- Sonic 1 in particular, an old Sonic member round here named shadowgamer_196 (Kevin Horn) told me about this place ages ago and I did play for some times, but never really got round to submitting them. When the amalgamation happens it would be tres cool if a reciprocation of time submitting to both game series happens.

I really hope this pulls off :) cya

Print

Hits: 21 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.