don't click here

PC Port/Riders

Print

Author Topic: PC Port/Riders  (Read 10436 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

PC Port/Riders
« on: October 23, 2006, 06:51:31 pm »
In case anyone didn't know, a demo for the PC Port of Sonic Riders has been released; takes up over 400 megs so be prepared for the long wait.

http://www.3ddownloads.com/Driving/Sonic%20Riders/Demos/SonicRidersPCDemoVersion.zip?key=DCB438536A80338969707D3CD738E9DB

In case that doesn't work:
http://www.3ddownloads.com/Driving/Sonic%20Riders/Demos/SonicRidersPCDemoVersion.zip#
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
Re: PC Port/Riders
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 05:45:29 am »
DLed it last night.  I've played a couple of times and I have to say I like it more than the PS2 version - loads faster on my rig and I prefer my keyboard control setup.  Think I might get the full version and start pwning up the Riders charts (zomg doug on a non 2d game?!?!?!?!)
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 12:37:16 pm »
I'm still trying to find time to DL it. :P
And yeah that must be funny for those that know you too well, huh?
Wiiloveit

Offline DanielTheFalcon

• lolfalcon
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
  • lolihavelikenopiccuzimsokewl.
    • View Profile
    • Daniel The Falcon.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 08:30:41 am »
Why have the demo if you have the game? And the GC one? And Sonic R? And Drift?

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:29:21 pm »
^^ Lol. I get the idea, DTF. I just wanted to try it and see how it works. Same with the Heroes demo and the DX demo. I like just trying 'em out to see how they work I guess and if they're up to par with the others.

Oh, and FTR, I don't like Sonic R that much and I like D2 better than the First. Sonic Riders is one of my current favorite Sonic games.
Wiiloveit

Offline F-Man

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 05:02:43 pm »
Hacking for this demo has already started and in full force.

You can play the full game by adding the game files from the Xbox version to the demo directory, or just download it all at once here (requires an account and BitTorrent).

Link from Sonic CulT (who made a memory editor for it that allows you to cheat but also to access the menu options to play the full thing) also made a client for online multiplayer, I call we should try it out eventually.
http://forums.sonic-cult.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=1738&view=findpost&p=34298

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 05:18:22 pm »
Now THAT is cool! If I can work out how to use the multiplayer thing, that would... oh that would.... I'm at a loss for words!!

I would DEFINITELY try it! Sah-weet find F-Man. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Edit: Okay, downloaded that "GM" file. Any idea how we'd do a practice run? I'd love to just try it out. Sorry, I'm just quite clueless when it comes to programming and stuff affiliated with servers and stuff.

Edit: I'm still trying to DL the demo itself in the .rar format from SonicOntheNet. I'm only like around 13% done or so. :P It'll take a while so I guess 'till that time we can talk about the online possibilities!! :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 07:47:51 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 07:44:44 pm »
A possibility of online multi-player Sonic Riders?!  Hmm...maybe I'll download this after all
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 08:06:35 pm »
I recommend DL'ing the one from the link F-Man posted if you have an account there. Otherwise, you can DL it from the link I posted but to do the multiplayer functions/hack it you may have work to do as stated in the same link from F-Man.

It's a big file, let me warn you now. Since I last posted that I had 13% done, I'm now at 13.4. It's 1.74 GB in total so be prepared for a long wait - this is for the Torrent File that has less work to do I think. :P

edit-> Now: 14.1%
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 08:29:55 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline F-Man

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 08:51:30 pm »
ks8, even with only the demo (and no extra Xbox files), I think online multiplayer should work. Join the chat plz. :P

I asked people in there if they wanted to try multiplayer but nobody responded. :(

EDIT: or if you can't, try connecting to me anyway. I'll be the server, my IP is  24.37.61.53 (port 12345).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:00:07 pm by F-Man »

Offline Paratech

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 12:28:50 am »
That's only the demo? Aww man I thought it was the full version...lol...I might download it anyways, since it's a cool game.
[/move]It's veeeery cool indeed.[/move]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 12:47:41 am by F-Man »

Offline F-Man

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 12:49:54 am »
That's only the demo? Aww man I thought it was the full version...lol...I might download it anyways, since it's a cool game.
[/move]It's veeeery cool indeed.[/move]
The link in ks8's first post in this topic is the demo, the one in my earlier post is the demo plus xbox files to play the full game (somewhat, it's kinda buggy). I thought he had the demo, so we could try playing right away, but it turns out he doesn't even have the demo after all. :(

Also, yes I haxed your post. Because you used (move)*. (move) is evil. Save your friends and relatives now by speading the word and not using (move)!

* Replace parentheses in this post with brackets.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 07:35:21 pm »
I'm so downloading this once I get my own computer

even though I still suck balls at the game (the wind drive my board the majority of the time, not me :( )

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 10:43:15 pm »
Let me know if anyone else DL's it, please.

Also, me and F-Man have been experimenting and still debating for a potential tournament using the hacked version of the game. Our most notable observation is that Survival Battle runs very smoothly. :D
Wiiloveit

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 11:17:16 pm »
I've got it DL'd.  Just PM me or something if you want to set anything up.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 05:33:50 pm »
I've got it DL'd.  Just PM me or something if you want to set anything up.

Great! Hopefully the whole hack not just the original but still good, s'all good. :P

Soon, once me and F-Man are done experimenting, I will post details on a potential tournament here. I got high hopes for it but got a feeeling some of 'em will be scrapped because of some modes not working. Anyway, will keep everyone posted as me and F-Man continue our experimentation (still got a afew bugs to check out).
Wiiloveit

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 06:28:13 pm »
Yeah, I got the full version.  It's during huge file downloads like that I'm glad I have a good internet connection :P

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 11:08:08 pm »
That's great news. Would you be interested if a tournament were to be developed? I've been asking around... Reception's not that great lately. Will post results at same time I post info about the experimentations/tournament ideas.

Want more info first?
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

PC Port/Riders (Sonic Riders Tournament)
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 07:28:28 pm »
Here are the long-awaited details to the tournament I am contemplating. Props go out to SJ, Groudon, RPG, and especially F-Man for their support and assistance. :) These ideas are currently just a rough draft and will change. Any areas marked by a question mark or proceeded by a question mark means it is currently unknown and debatable. Assistance in this matter is appreciated.

“Teamwork”:
This division will use Tag Mode and the stages contained therein. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:
Laps: 3
Air Pit: ?

Gear Restrictions:
Default Gear only.

Number of Simultaneous Participants:
2 or 4

Stage Restrictions:
None

Point System:
8 points for each game won.

Total number of Games per Participant:
5?

“Emerald”
This division will use the Survival Race Mode and the stages contained therein. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:
Time Limit: 5? 15?
Item: ON

Gear Restrictions:
None.

2, 3, or 4

Stage Restrictions:
None.

Point System:
10 points for each game won?; alternatively, points for tournament determined by number of points earned in game?

5?

“Survival”
This division will use the Survival Battle Mode and the three stages contained therein. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:
Time Limit: 5? 15?

Gear Restrictions:
None.

2, 3, or 4

Stage Restrictions:
None.

Point System:
10 points for each game won. (Should points be awarded for coming in 2nd and 3rd?)

3?

“Grand Prix”
This division will use the World Grand Prix Mode and the two cups (ten stages, in total) contained therein. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:
Item: On
Level: On
Air Lost: ?

Gear Restrictions:
None.

2 (will check if more participants are possible)

Stage Restrictions:
Choice of either Heroes or Babylon Cup.

Point System:
Points for tournament determined by number of points earned in game?

“Metal Masters/City Masters”
This division will use the Metal City stage in Free Race mode. This division will only be implemented if other Free Race stages do not work properly. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:

Gear Restrictions:
Default Gear? Alternatively, each player must choose the same gear? High Booster gear is not allowed.

2-8

Stage Restrictions:
Metal City.

Point System:
10 points for each game won.

3?

“Super Quick”
This division will use Free Race mode and the stages contained therein. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:

Gear Restrictions:
High Booster gear (only division where HB is permitted).

2-8

Stage Restrictions:
None.

Point System:
15 points for each game won.

“Clockers”
This division will use the Time Attack mode and the stages contained therein. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:
Air Lost: Run

Gear Restrictions:
Default Gear only.

??? (Currently unknown. Experimentation will reveal whether or not Time Attack can accommodate more than one participant simultaneously.)

Stage Restrictions:
None.

Point System:
1st Place = 10 points
2nd Place = 6 points
3rd Place = 3 points
4th Place = 1 point

“Free Race” (need better name)
This division will use the Free Race mode and the stages contained therein. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:

Gear Restrictions:
Default Gear? Alternatively, each player must choose the same gear? High Booster gear is not allowed.

2-8

Stage Restrictions:
None.

Point System:
10 points for each game won.

5?

“Crazy Ring”
This division will use the Free Race mode and the stages contained therein. Players aim to get the best ring totals they can. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:
Item: OFF
Level: OFF
Air Pit: OFF
Air Lost: RETIRE

Gear Restrictions:
Default Gear only.

2-8

Stage Restrictions:
**See below**

Point System:
1st Place = 10 points
2nd Place = 6 points
3rd Place = 3 points
4th Place = 1 point

“SFP”
This division will use the Free Race mode and the stages contained therein. Players choose one stage and play on that stage three times, each time using a different formation. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:

Gear Restrictions:
Default Gear only.

2-8

Stage Restrictions:
None.

Point System:

“SFP Clockers”
This division will use the Time Attack mode and the stages contained therein. Players choose one stage and play on that stage three times, each time using a different formation. Specifics are as follows:

Rules:
Air Lost: Run

Gear Restrictions:
Default Gear only.

??? (Currently unknown. Experimentation will reveal whether or not Time Attack can accommodate more than one participant simultaneously.)

Stage Restrictions:
None.

Point System:

CONTROLS:
One key note is that if this goes through, each person will use the same control scheme on their keyboard, to make things “fair”, if you will. We need to decide substitutes/controls for:

“A” Button – Spacebar
“START” – Enter

Still have yet to decide:
“L” and “R” Buttons for sharp turns. Thoughts?

Gamepads may or may not be allowed, it’s still undecided. I may allow it for some and restrict it for others (:P). But as it stands, it’s purely debatable.

Other potential tournaments, originally suggested by me and discussed with others, would be:

“Skaters” – Everyone uses Skates only.
“Bikers” – Everyone, obviously, only uses Bikes.
“???” – Select missions may be added for a separate division. The missions are mainly races, attack-based missions and possibly points. These are all undecided and whether or not this will even be included – further experimentation is needed.

Thus far, for actual response as to whether or not each division should be implemented, on a scale of 1-3 (1= Don’t Include, 2= Not Sure, 3= Include), myself, G, RPG, and SJ have, thus far, rated each of the division ideas. Taking into account each person’s ratings per division, the general feedback is:

Teamwork: 83%
Survival: 74%
Emerald: 66%
Grand Prix: 74%
Metal Masters/City Masters: 74%
Super Quick: 91%
Clockers: 66%
“Free Race”: 100%
Crazy Ring: 74%
SFP: 58%
SFP Clockers: 41%
“Mission”: 66%
Bikers: 66%
Skaters: 66%

In order of popularity, that’s:

“Free Race”: 100%
Super Quick: 91%
Teamwork: 83%
Survival: 74%
Grand Prix: 74%
Crazy Ring: 74%
Metal Masters/City Masters: 74%
Clockers: 66%
“Mission”: 66%
Bikers: 66%
Emerald: 66%
Skaters: 66%
SFP: 58%
SFP Clockers: 41%

Speaking of which, thus far, for support, we have the following, who were rated (by themselves) based upon a scale of 1-3 (1=Won’t be in the tournament most likely; 2=Unsure/Contemplating; 3=Will be in the tournament/most likely) followed by a reason for their choice. Again, these numbers could change and the support list should, hopefully change also. Thus far, though, here’s what we have:

KS8 = 3 (“Naturally”, as Shadow would say.)
F-M = ???
RPG = 2
Groudon = 1 – Inexperience with PC
SJ = 1 – Inexperience with PC/Controls, Hard Drive

If we can change the control scheme, the tournament may be more attractive, if you will. Also, here’s a list of some potential participants I’ll need to speak to that could be added to the list:
Rolken
eggFL
yoshifan
Auriman1
Thorn

Anyone else who wishes to potentially be included, please let me know ASAP so I can take you into consideration.

**Final Note: Regarding the “Crazy Ring” division, I took the liberty of testing all the stages out with the settings I prescribed, and as it turns out, here are my results:
(*keep in mind, because of the settings, with ITEM turned OFF, there are no 100-Ring Item Boxes…)

Metal: 100 rings – Too easy even with settings.
Splash: 100 rings – Somewhat easy
Egg: 61 – Average – Kinda hard with more than 2 people considering the attacking and everything.
Green: ??? – Definitely hard. I remember when I proposed a Rings division for Sonic Riders here on TSC for my proposal (ended up scrapping it for those who aren’t aware), I didn’t get a very high ring total. It would be hard; most likely should include.
Sand: 71 – Kinda hard.
Babylon: 36 – Fell off on final lap but I got the picture. Probably one of the hardest to do well on, which is a good thing.
Digital: 95 – Pretty hard but kinda easy at the same time. Personally, I wouldn’t want to do the tournament on this stage, but that’s just me.
Carnival: 25 – Attacked by Eggman but got idea of stage: generally quite easy because of (a) the Samba de Amigo “rings” (no pun intended), and (b) the Monkey Ball goal Gate.
Night: 100 – still kinda easy.
Red: 96 – hard to say… could be hard with like 4 people.
Ice: 100 – somewhat easy.
White: 72 – Depends on formation; not easy…
Dark: 96 – depends on formation; kinda easy
Sky: 32 – difficult to keep rings here; hard to do
Illusion: 24 – quit near start of second lap; not too easy but not too hard.

For the CRAZY RING tournament, we’d want to decide which stages should be permitted for the tournament, and which ones should not. Keep in mind which ones seem to be easy to do; as this part is definitely debatable, opinions would be appreciated.

Sorry this post is so long, “mais, c’est la vie”. :P

Any problems (other than the fact that this post is lengthy), feel free to let me know.
Wiiloveit

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 09:51:44 pm »
You can pretty much count me in for a tournament.

I guess I'll rate all the suggestions like the others have:
Free Race-3 (This one's a given)
Grand Prix-3
Metal Masters-3 (if needed)
Skaters-3
Bikers-2
Crazy Ring-2
Teamwork-2
Super Quick-2
Emerald-2 (I dunno...)
*Mission*-2 (need more details, obviously)
Clockers-2 (Wouldn't this be too similar to Free Race, and therefore unnecessary, if you're looking to get multiplayer support?)
SFP-1 (sounds complicated)
SFP Clockers-1 (sounds complicated, and see "Clockers" comment)
Survival-1 (seems too random for my liking)

For whatever it's worth, I'll give my computer details, as well.
Connection speed: 22.0 mbps
Pentium IV processor, 1.5Ghz, 256MB RAM, around 50% hard drive free.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 04:05:52 pm »
Thanks, Auriman. Will definitely add you to the list. This is great news for me. :)

Will also edit the post after to incorporate your ratings into the list of potential tournaments.
Also, thanks for posting your PC specs. May come in handy.
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 04:07:23 pm »
So, everyone.... Yeah...

Anyway....F-Man, any news on the official game, yet? I think it's high time I revisited this topic.
Wiiloveit

Print

Hits: 99 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.16 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.