don't click here

ITT we TA Sonic Freedom Fighters

Print

Author Topic: ITT we TA Sonic Freedom Fighters  (Read 6777 times)

Offline qubit

ITT we TA Sonic Freedom Fighters
« on: October 20, 2006, 08:39:26 pm »
Currently 2 divisions for this game: The Great Forest and The Plains.

Everyone except douglas (for obvious reasons) is allowed to submit times for this game.  Please PM me with new times; this thread should be for route discussion, video submissions etc.

The Great Forest
1. TEM - 0.20.04 (I will never ever EVER beat this time as long as I live)

The Plains
1. TEM - 0.17.61 (owned.  Nuff said.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 09:30:28 am by theenglishman »
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline SadisticMystic

Offline qubit

Re: ITT we TA Sonic Freedom Fighters
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 08:44:46 pm »
Replying to said topic: about 3 seconds.
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 06:39:28 am »
Just out of interest, my times are 20.27 and 19.87 respectively.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline qubit

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 03:13:24 pm »
Here's the basic route for The Great Forest with several glaring mistakes.  Otherwise, it's good.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 04:06:10 pm »
Interesting route - you know the bit where you go underneath the top level and across the water (12-13 secs in)?  I'm pretty sure it's quicker to go over the top there.  Otherwise that's pretty much my route, although it seems your execution is better :)
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!

Offline qubit

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 08:08:02 pm »
Here's a better-optimized version, but still a second or so off my record.

A quick note: about 2.5 seconds in, I mash Shift.  Occasionally, this stops Sonic from freefalling and levels him out, not making him go on the lower platform and saving time.  I use this trick in both runs.  It's kind of hard to see with Hypercam's malicious framerate, but oh well.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 08:55:23 pm »
17:48 The Plains.

Incidentally, how do you find it to TA?  Obviously I never went through the whole route-planning process because I already knew what the fastest way was.  Oh, and you can press R mid-run to die causing a restart, if that's any help.

EDIT: 19.83 Great Forest.  To get any faster I'm gonna have to move the finish to right next to the start or turn debug mode on >_>
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 06:40:16 am by douglas »

Offline qubit

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 10:22:47 pm »
Nice work on the Plains.

To answer your question: I just ran around the level and chose the fastest route from there.  It was quite simple actually (no offence to your level making skills).

And I knew about the R thing.  Yeah.

Print

Hits: 105 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.00 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.