Sonic Central > Competition Central

Anyone use the prima guide?

(1/1)

KeruptCorruption:
I was wondering about using the prima guide to help with looking for shortcuts. I know I have used the guide in the past with the Dreamcast version of SA1.

I have seen the "demo" pages of the prima guide but it doesnt look as if you can gain any info about major cuts.

Its been quite sometime since I have played a sonic title seeing I also owned SA2 on Dreamcast as well. I recall getting the job done in a certain time mattered more than it does with heros for I dont see how time even plays into this game exept for the sonic teams extras. Thats why I like this site account of I like the fact of trying to get to the goal as fast as you can !!

Another question I had seeing I am here... I also remember that reaching the gates with a certain number of rings gave you bonuses (shoes) for SA1. I noticed in heroes that you get power ups... I havent noticed getting anything differant. anyone got the info on this and if its still based on the number of rings you have when you reach the gate?

Cybrax:
I dont these things you just gotta know.

SadisticMystic:

--- Quote ---I was wondering about using the prima guide to help with looking for shortcuts. I know I have used the guide in the past with the Dreamcast version of SA1.
--- End quote ---

Not that there's any guide out there that'll help you here with anything more than giving out the maps...

--- Quote ---I have seen the "demo" pages of the prima guide but it doesnt look as if you can gain any info about major cuts.
--- End quote ---

I haven't even played SH, but I'm going to say "true" to that anyway.

--- Quote ---Its been quite sometime since I have played a sonic title seeing I also owned SA2 on Dreamcast as well. I recall getting the job done in a certain time mattered more than it does with heros for I dont see how time even plays into this game exept for the sonic teams extras. Thats why I like this site account of I like the fact of trying to get to the goal as fast as you can !!
--- End quote ---

You can always submit times for those older games...Anyway, on this site, at least for now, getting the job done quickly is the thing that matters 100%.

--- Quote ---Another question I had seeing I am here... I also remember that reaching the gates with a certain number of rings gave you bonuses (shoes) for SA1. I noticed in heroes that you get power ups... I havent noticed getting anything differant. anyone got the info on this and if its still based on the number of rings you have when you reach the gate?
--- End quote ---

SA1 gave NO bonuses for checkpoints...only #2 did.  The SA2 schedule is: 20-39 rings = ring +5, 40-59 rings = ring +10, 60-79 rings = ring +20, 80-89 rings = speed shoes, 90+ rings = Shield, or Lightning Shield if you already have a Shield.  Again, I don't have SH, but there's some test data to possibly compare it to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version