don't click here

Sonic 3 bug query (zone 5 act 1)...

Print

Author Topic: Sonic 3 bug query (zone 5 act 1)...  (Read 4895 times)

Sonic 3 bug query (zone 5 act 1)...
« on: May 13, 2006, 04:04:57 am »
On behalf of Twingalaxies, I would like to know if you, expert guys on Sonic games, have some additional info about the bug that is explained below. Thanks

Valter "TRB" - Metroid Team - Brazil
Twingalaxies Referee

PS.: This is the original text of the friend Ashley Jackson (sonicrules666):

Ive just completed Sonic 3 with Tails and Sonic minimalist speed run and total completion, other than locking up sonic 3 with sonic and knuckles and sonic 3d im almost done.

Anyway, while playing as tails in both runs on sonic 3, theres a seemingly inescapable glitch that i tested using the games save feature, its at the start of zone 5 act 1 so I kept restarting from zone 5 before i ran the game properly.

It involves Tails sliding down the first slope of the level then he falls through the floor and dies when the slope steepens. Ive tried flying over the slope and rolling over it, everything I could think of and nothing seems to work. However, if you die once and then carry on you can go down the slope as normal, fly or roll over it and nothing happens, you can just carry on as if the bug never existed.

Strangely the bug seems to only affect Tails and only on his first time through the level, so on the runs I submitted I've had to die once and then carry on. If there is no solution to the bug as I believe there isnt, where do you stand regarding the bug policy which Ive read about on the site?

Im trying to complete all the sonic games without dying, getting all the emeralds first time if necessary, ive read about the bug on the net too and there are no solutions posted and certainly none I could find other than dying.

Hope to hear from you soon

Ashley Jackson
(sonicrules666)
"TRB" - Metroid Team - from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic 3 bug query (zone 5 act 1)...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 06:13:17 am »
I never found a way of beating that glitch myself. I do think you would have to lose a life.

Is there, however, a reason why Sonic 3 is tracked separately from Sonic and Knuckles on Twin Galaxies? It would surely make more sense to do them both combined... half the rankings, and far less glitchy.

<3 Thorn.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 12:01:49 am »
I never found a way of beating that glitch myself. I do think you would have to lose a life.

Is there, however, a reason why Sonic 3 is tracked separately from Sonic and Knuckles on Twin Galaxies? It would surely make more sense to do them both combined... half the rankings, and far less glitchy.
Mike89, are you meaning Sonic & Knuckles versus Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic 3 on TG?
According with Twingalaxies, if the performance is NOT played in the exact same game, we can NOT to mix/combine the scores. If exists any possibility of differences between the versions, it will be tracked separately.
One similar example: Sonic 3 (Genesis version) is tracked separately from the Sonic 3 game in Sonic Jam CD (Saturn version).

By the way, thank you for the suggestion.

About the bug/glitch... someone else have additional info/details about?

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 12:29:28 am »
http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&pi=29&gi=5628&vi=17287
This variation need to be splitted... one to Sonic and other to Tails. Another to Knuckles already exist.
Tom Votava (rdrunner) is the referee for Genesis platform, and will be contacted.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 09:21:17 pm »
http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&pi=29&gi=5628&vi=17287
This variation need to be splitted... one to Sonic and other to Tails. Another to Knuckles already exist.
Tom Votava (rdrunner) is the referee for Genesis platform, and will be contacted.
For reason of "consistency", Tom Votava, TG Genesis referee, just edited the settings.
Let me know what do you think about.

Quote from: TRB_MetroidTeam
About the bug/glitch... someone else have additional info/details about?
Any info???

Print

Hits: 609 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.