don't click here

Need Sonic Rush record help for Excepton level

Print

Author Topic: Need Sonic Rush record help for Excepton level  (Read 9227 times)

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Need Sonic Rush record help for Excepton level
« on: April 21, 2006, 03:10:28 pm »
The Eggmans are no longer doing what I want them to do to get a lower time.  If someone (Gaara or Crowbar reccommended) could tell me what attacks Eggman/Eggman Nega need to do to get a low time like that, I'd appreciate it.

Offline Crowbar

Re: Need Sonic Rush record help for Excepton level
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 06:46:36 pm »
First thing you need to know: you shouldn't be spending any time as Blaze period. Get the timing down for how long your fireball takes to charge and how long he takes to stop flashing (being invulnerable) after taking a hit, and also where on the screen he comes back from after this. Then just time it so that you release the fireball at the earliest possible time you can hit him, and make sure you're in right front of his face when you do. Nega should never get an attack in, ever.

As for Sonic...I can't offer much help there. It's very unlikely, if not maybe impossible, for him not to do the time-consuming missile attack at least once (maybe twice). Just try to figure out how to consistently make use of the orbiting laser orbs so that you can hit him with both, one after the other, consistently (I haven't mastered this yet). The direct plasma-blob attack is easy and you should be able to hit him with that straight away every time.

I don't know if this is exactly what you wanted but that's all the help I have to offer. :[ Really, unlike this other bosses, this one is much more based on skill than how lucky you get with the attack patterns.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 06:56:13 pm »
First thing you need to know: you shouldn't be spending any time as Blaze period. Get the timing down for how long your fireball takes to charge and how long he takes to stop flashing (being invulnerable) after taking a hit, and also where on the screen he comes back from after this. Then just time it so that you release the fireball at the earliest possible time you can hit him, and make sure you're in right front of his face when you do. Nega should never get an attack in, ever.

That's pretty much how I got 3:09.50, since I usually can get in the fireball right away and end that section of the fight almost right away.

As for Sonic...I can't offer much help there. It's very unlikely, if not maybe impossible, for him not to do the time-consuming missile attack at least once (maybe twice). Just try to figure out how to consistently make use of the orbiting laser orbs so that you can hit him with both, one after the other, consistently (I haven't mastered this yet). The direct plasma-blob attack is easy and you should be able to hit him with that straight away every time.

I got both to hit only a couple times.  Only once was it during one of the first two Sonic parts.  Every other time, it happens in the final part. I do, however, know when the missle attack happens (Eggman swipes at Sonic, which gives me the heads-up to be ready for the missles).  Almost all the time, I nail him with the blob right away.  I should find the correct timing for the laser orbs to hit him with both.

I don't know if this is exactly what you wanted but that's all the help I have to offer. :[ Really, unlike this other bosses, this one is much more based on skill than how lucky you get with the attack patterns.

That was enough help.  I'm now going to try to get a time better than yours (or at least sub 3).  Thank you.

Offline DaDude

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 01:45:57 am »
I might have foggy memory... but I believe I got 2'59"00 once... I believe I got very lucky on my sixth fight with them.

Meh. It doesn't save that time, so I'm screwed.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 01:41:39 pm »
Crowbar...

Your time was beaten...

BY ME!  Yay me!

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 05:43:21 pm »
Nice. =O

Another thing for me to do when I start playing again. <_<

Good luck getting the record though rofl.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 05:49:46 pm »
Hey, I've done it on Sonic Heroes (see sig).  Anything is possible.

edit: and how do you get the extra air in levels?  For example, in your Water Palace 1 Blaze vid, before you get to the first water slide, how do you jump so high?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 06:06:04 pm by Groudon199 »

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 07:07:04 pm »
Here's something I know to avoid the missile rain:

Hit him with ONE of the spinning lasers, and save the other for later. Then, reflect the green ball. Then, hit him with the other spinner.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 07:22:36 pm »
Hey, I've done it on Sonic Heroes (see sig).  Anything is possible.

edit: and how do you get the extra air in levels?  For example, in your Water Palace 1 Blaze vid, before you get to the first water slide, how do you jump so high?

Jumping high isn't hard, you just boost and jump off a slope. That physics quirk has been around since the Mega Drive games.

I think you might mean how do I hover so far. Just tap R instead of holding it.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 10:34:58 am »
I got them both down correctly now.

And I have now beaten the Leaf Storm boss time with Blaze.

Offline Ben

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 01:29:15 pm »
Nice Leaf Storm Boss time. :o

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 01:39:38 pm »
Thanks.  I actually didn't expect this to be a new record.  I thought the record was sub 1:40 based on my luck at times.  Now I must try the same with Sonic, although I'm not having much luck with that.  I guess I just gotta get lucky for these boss battles.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 04:10:20 pm »
Yeah, damn man, that's impressive.

Good to see competition's starting to heat up on this game from people other than me. :o (lol)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 04:12:27 pm by Crowbar »

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 06:54:35 pm »
Well, I just got Shadow the Hedgehog, and I am now trying to clear through it (I'm stuck on the 1st boss battle [normal path]), so I am taking a break from Rush until I see my time was beaten.

Print

Hits: 211 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.12 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.