don't click here

Has anyone ever actually

Print

Author Topic: Has anyone ever actually  (Read 6843 times)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Has anyone ever actually
« on: March 19, 2006, 07:00:35 pm »
I've been working on a lot of these records for a while, and I've recently checked the TG website for scores.  Lo and Behold that the scores (for S2, in this case) are horribly low.  

Qustion is: Does anyone here ever intend to set full WRs at Twingalaxies?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Has anyone ever actually
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 07:11:18 pm »
Not any time soon. I don't have a great respect for TG, as with many of us here and over at Speed Demos Archive.

Incidentally, I'll be submitting Sonic runs their way (SDA) within about a month.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Has anyone ever actually
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:35:09 pm »
Why the lost love?  I see them all as just different challenges.  For them it's the ability to play the entire game at once, pure speed, or pure points... for this, it's perfection of each act individually, and each seperation of each act...

so why the discontentment?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
Has anyone ever actually
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 01:47:32 am »
I think the problem we have with them is with the way they run things over there

Offline Rolken

Has anyone ever actually
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 02:49:05 am »
Twin Galaxies always seems to me like its "world records" are based on who happens to know a ref or is willing to go to the trouble of otherwise getting verified. Plus their website brings horrible navigation to new levels; having to wade through dozens of empty categories to find the ones with a handful of statistics is absurd (among other things).
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline DJ Koopa

Has anyone ever actually
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 12:08:01 pm »
I checked the place out... besides it took me about 17 tries to find out the Sonic games started on page 29, I went to check the Sonic R times since they were actually based on individual track. Wow, they need help...

Resort Island
TSC: 0'44"00
TG: 1'05"920

Radical City
TSC: 1'09"30
TG: 2'40"600

Regal Ruin
TSC: 0'52"90
TG: 1'56"280

Reactive Factory
TSC: 1'07"66
TG: 2'05"640

Radient Emerald
TSC: 1'55"30
TG: 1'41"640

The first track loses by 20 seconds, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th by a minute or more, and yet the 5th track is 14 seconds faster.Gotta be a glitch exploit or something, or a way to jump the track, 'cause I sure as hell know that having THAT MUCH of a gap isn't natural. I then went and checked the Sonic Spinball record... 122mil? Pfft... I easily get about 150mil on a normal fun time run-through. Checked the Sonic 3 competition mode tracks to see their times... not one record. And then, I went to the end of the Sonic list and found... that there's a division in Sonic 3 & Knuckles for a score completion by "Sonic OR Tails". I mean, they both play diffrently, giving one more advantage over the other in certain areas.... why mash them together? You risk making the chart unbalanced, making one character eventually dissappear from the chart! And the fact that Tails can't go Super untill he unlocks the Master Emerald's power, while Sonic doesn't need it, and then Sonic can use it to go hyper with the Sonic Flash which clears all enemies on the screen? Oh come on. And this isn't like "You'd have to start a fresh file" 'cause the emerald cam be obtained by the end of Hydro City and the Master Emerald's power by the end of Mushroom Hill if you know how to get to them. Instant blowout.

We could probably go tear this place apart with the vast number of experts we have here... right Sprint, Mike, and Cybrax?

EDIT: No Shadow the Hedgehog makes Turbos a sad panda ;_;

EDIT 2: SEWER SHARK?! *stabstabstabstabstab*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 12:12:11 pm by Turbos »
[img width= height=]http://www.cutandpastescripts.com/cgi-bin/randomimages/randomimages.pl?username=Turbos[/img]

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Has anyone ever actually
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 12:36:19 pm »
That's what I'm saying.  I think that if we, as a whole, were to send in tapes, it would be easier to put in a lot of records.  Further, you can EASILY pick up the bounties for some of the records, and pick up a few bucks from all the stuff that you do anyway

Print

Hits: 584 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 1.43s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.