don't click here

The world is dying....

Print

Author Topic: The world is dying....  (Read 11947 times)

The world is dying....
« on: March 14, 2006, 07:32:33 pm »
We are killing this planet we live on. No one has noticed this, but i have. It seems like no one cares but heres who i clame responsable, human beings. heres something i actually thought up to make people care...

We are parasites to this earth, killing what is around us...

We think we are the good, but it is us, the Human race, that are the
                                bad, We kill, we tourure, never giving a thought about it...

We need to stop this, because if we don't we will all paraish.

I'm not trying to be a hippie, but i'm just telling what will happen to this earth because of us. Knowing now your pissed off at me... But the truth isn't always sweet and nice. This is all i'm doing, telling the truth.

Thanks for listening,

Supergenesisman
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:35:31 pm by supergenesisman »
Uhhhhh........Yah......Ok then.....WOOT!

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
The world is dying....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 11:50:05 pm »
It's like what agent smith says about human beings in the Matrix. <_<

I think it's kind of silly to think that you are the only one that has noticed or even cares about Earth. Many people out there dedicate their entire lives to making the world a better place.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
The world is dying....
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 02:03:09 am »
Yeah, that was the first thing I was going to say.

"Where did you steal this from?"

Meh, probably too confrontational... but at any rate it still applies.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
The world is dying....
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 03:09:06 am »
If you want to help, you can sit in a dark room by yourself and not move. This cuts out electricity, which is probably being generated by various fossil fuel power plants, which harm the atmosphere.

As for not moving, that way you wont generate excess heat energy from moving which could potentially add to global warming.

Try that out, and if after a week you dont like it, come back here and let us know!
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline CosmicFalcon

The world is dying....
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 02:23:35 pm »
Oh my gosh. You are the only one to have noticed this ever. Nothing about damaging the environment has ever been said by anyone else. In the world. Ever.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

The world is dying....
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 04:51:38 pm »
Well i have disterbing thoughts like this... But i can't sit in a dark room and wait for the world to end. I have to inform, i see myself in 15-20 years telling people this, if only people knew.... Thats why you live today like no tomarrow, because there be no tomarrow... But we all have to face the fact we all die, and face that the world will end. This whole thoght is actually thought up by myself (witch is disterbing) So think about it... We could all die tomarrow and no one would know the cause execpt me.... We shall be the saveures to this earth and everything around it......
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 04:58:01 pm by supergenesisman »

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
The world is dying....
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 05:32:42 pm »
You're the only person concerned about the environment.  That's why Greenpeace, the Kyoto Agreement, recycling schemes, etc etc don't really exist, people just made them up.

Seriously, if you believe only you can see a potentially catastrophic human influence on earth, you are both deluded and incredibly patronising.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

The world is dying....
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 06:31:29 pm »
I'm not trying to be a hippie, but i'm just telling what will happen to this earth because of us. Knowing now your pissed off at me... But the truth isn't always sweet and nice. This is all i'm doing, telling the truth.

Does not trying to be a hippie, and not being a gay prostester not mean enything to you?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:32:20 pm by supergenesisman »

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
The world is dying....
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 06:53:47 pm »
I'm not annoyed about your opinion, although you've given no supporting evidence and I can't for the life of me find an argument.  Nor can I find a feasible solution you're presenting, unless you're advocating wiping out the human race (if so, start with yourself and we'll see where we get to).

What annoys me is you suggesting only you have ever had this idea.  Many people have, and unlike you some actually know something about it.  Stop insulting us by inferring we can't think about our environment impact.

Now either go draw up a new version of Kyoto that everyone will agree to and that takes social and economic factors into account too, or stfu.

Edit: what do you mean by "gay protestor"?  If you're talking about campaigning for homosexual rights I'm all for that.  If you're asserting that protestors are all gay, then you neither appreciate the social and political power of protest nor are able to form decent put-downs; being gay is not a bad thing.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:58:48 pm by douglas »
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

The world is dying....
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 07:17:56 pm »
Ok, douglas i will now shut up, and now this topic means nothing to me because i'm just getting shit out of all this so someone can close this topic. Why did i make this topic anyway.... Sorry guys it's just my mind is F***'d up (not the retarded way) So, i will now shut the hell up, because i fell like i'm being a nusince. So go on with this or close this topic. This topic now means nothing to me.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 07:19:21 pm by supergenesisman »

Offline Rolken

The world is dying....
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 07:35:43 pm »
OK, he didn't think through his post very much. I think we've established that.

But it's quite true that we ARE causing irrevocable damage to the environment that will probably come back to bite us in the rear. If you look at any statistics on the state of ecosystems in general and the tropics and sea in particular, you'll find lots to be pessimistic about; life is dying off like you wouldn't believe. And that's ignoring the whole pollution/global warming debacle.

So, can we agree that genesisman was silly and get past that?

Maybe it should be in a new topic now that this one's been filled with bad karma, iono.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
The world is dying....
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 07:48:22 pm »
Yes, the human race is screwing things up. We're killing ourselves.

Woo-hoo.

I'm not going to fight this with conventional logic. That's overdone. So is sarcasm. I wish to preserve some semblance of originality. Which is, ironically, itself not original I suppose because many people are original, so average is the most unique you can be.For thousands of other similair arguments, go to google and search "debates human influence environment". You'll find much more compelling arguments on both sides than I could ever hope to convey with original, more akin to conventional, ideas.

The Earth is a soup. Alphabet soup, because that's easiest to work with. The bowl is the atmosphere, the broth represents natural resources, the one eating the soup nature and the letters the different life on Earth. For arguments sake, humanity is the letter X. The spoon is demand. The spoon is dipped into the soup, and it takes some broth and letters. Gradually, the broth and letters are depleted. More soup is poured, and more letters enter the soup. Among them X, a letter which is capable of constructing thoughts that go against instinct. A spoonful of soup is eaten. X notices the broth and letters going away, and thinks "Surely I have caused this because  I am absorbing the broth. I must not absorb the broth". It no longer absorbs the broth, and is quickly found by the spoon, the wielder of whom noticed the pasty color of a drying letter. X is eaten, thinking he has caused his own demise, unknowing of the deeper forces of the spoon and his eventual killer. The soup is eaten and the bowl rinsed. Eventually, more soup is poured, and the cycle continues.The bowl breaks, and it is replaced.

Just my two cents, for what it is (or isn't) worth.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 07:53:33 pm by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

The world is dying....
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 08:25:15 pm »
Thanks Rolken, yes i am silly and scew up A-LOT!

Blueblaze, that was a good, statment but the soup thing, kinda weird but i get it...sorta

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
The world is dying....
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 05:20:58 am »
Blueblaze, that was a good, statment but the soup thing, kinda weird but i get it...sorta
[snapback]10767[/snapback]

Basically, what he's trying to say is, on Judgement Day, we will all be scooped up in spoons by a higher power and eaten.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Re: The world is dying....
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 01:17:00 pm »
Well i have disterbing thoughts like this... But i can't sit in a dark room and wait for the world to end. I have to inform, i see myself in 15-20 years telling people this, if only people knew.... Thats why you live today like no tomarrow, because there be no tomarrow... But we all have to face the fact we all die, and face that the world will end. This whole thoght is actually thought up by myself (witch is disterbing) So think about it... We could all die tomarrow and no one would know the cause execpt me.... We shall be the saveures to this earth and everything around it......
your right good for you ^_^

Re: The world is dying....
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 01:31:57 pm »
Yes, the human race is screwing things up. We're killing ourselves.

Woo-hoo.

I'm not going to fight this with conventional logic. That's overdone. So is sarcasm. I wish to preserve some semblance of originality. Which is, ironically, itself not original I suppose because many people are original, so average is the most unique you can be.For thousands of other similair arguments, go to google and search "debates human influence environment". You'll find much more compelling arguments on both sides than I could ever hope to convey with original, more akin to conventional, ideas.

The Earth is a soup. Alphabet soup, because that's easiest to work with. The bowl is the atmosphere, the broth represents natural resources, the one eating the soup nature and the letters the different life on Earth. For arguments sake, humanity is the letter X. The spoon is demand. The spoon is dipped into the soup, and it takes some broth and letters. Gradually, the broth and letters are depleted. More soup is poured, and more letters enter the soup. Among them X, a letter which is capable of constructing thoughts that go against instinct. A spoonful of soup is eaten. X notices the broth and letters going away, and thinks "Surely I have caused this because  I am absorbing the broth. I must not absorb the broth". It no longer absorbs the broth, and is quickly found by the spoon, the wielder of whom noticed the pasty color of a drying letter. X is eaten, thinking he has caused his own demise, unknowing of the deeper forces of the spoon and his eventual killer. The soup is eaten and the bowl rinsed. Eventually, more soup is poured, and the cycle continues.The bowl breaks, and it is replaced.

Just my two cents, for what it is (or isn't) worth.
the soup thing makes me hungry

Print

Hits: 98 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.18 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.