don't click here

ShTH Final Haunt question

Print

Author Topic: ShTH Final Haunt question  (Read 6753 times)

Offline Shadow Link

« on: January 01, 2006, 05:03:56 pm »
Ok. This is just a quick question. How do you get rid of the barrier at the end. I got ticked fo you couldn't chaos control past it. sega are quite smart.

I do like the new styled Eclipse Cannon. green blast instead of blue.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 05:10:32 pm »
Yeah, Chaos Control is a big no no in that stage. Using it activates the switches which is why I had to go Dark when I first played the stage. Just play though the stage, never activating any switches, if even one is active, you'll fail and have to backtrack and deactivate it. Just don't use Chaos Control unless you are sure there is no switch in the way or you can easily press X (cuz when you first start CC, pressing X does nothing for a few seconds). To A Rank it, kill as many enemies as possible.
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 05:02:16 am »
if even one is active, you'll fail and have to backtrack and deactivate it
[snapback]8546[/snapback]

Or jump around the barrier.

I've only ever successfully jump around one barrier. I am sure skilled players could jump around them all. And I believe the Dark path is faster... but I'm not sure. Dark path is easier to get Chaos Control on, that's for sure.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Shadow Link

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 05:03:13 am »
SO it was them shields! i thought it was one big secret switch because in past levels doing something on the darkside doesn't affect the hero mission. I won't to ride on one of the black howk (Is that there name?) to the end because i prefered that route. then i tryed to chaos control past the barrier but it didn't allow me. thanks.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 08:51:42 am »
Hmm...,  didn't think you can jump the barriers, when I first came to the barrier room, I saw the entire area surrounded with shields so I didn't think to jump or spindash jump to the goal, meh, maybe SJ can shed some light on this. :o
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 10:53:42 am »
If you prefer the route for the Black Hawk, which I used twice to get my high score for the hero mission of this level, shoot the switch, go behind the door that the switch would have otherwise blocked, and shoot the switch again. You can now use the Black Hawk ride without it stopping you from getting to Black Doom.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 01:35:11 pm »
If you prefer the route for the Black Hawk, which I used twice to get my high score for the hero mission of this level, shoot the switch, go behind the door that the switch would have otherwise blocked, and shoot the switch again. You can now use the Black Hawk ride without it stopping you from getting to Black Doom.
[snapback]8562[/snapback]

It's so obvious. XD I dunno why I didn't think of this. Still, that makes it a toss up between which you are better at or can do faster: marksmanship, or (spindash) jumping.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 01:49:15 pm »
Well, I used this trick on the first two, because those involve using the alien version of the suck-in gun and don't have a lot of enemies, resulting in a lower score. The first one will get you a LOT of points, while the second one provides a shortcut. The two afterward are killjobs, so you get a good amount of points from those. That's why I use the Black Hawk paths twice.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 06:50:03 pm »
I'd go with what CF suggested, with jumping around the shield. That's what I did on my first play-through. It's not that hard, really.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Print

Hits: 138 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.09 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.