don't click here

Circus Park: Dark mission

Print

Author Topic: Circus Park: Dark mission  (Read 27067 times)

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« on: December 29, 2005, 08:58:08 am »
I know this mission inside and out, yet there is NO way that I know of that could get me winning in less than two minutes. Anyone care to explain how? Because yoshifan's and Shadow Jacky's times seem reaaaalllly fishy to me.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 11:22:02 am »
Care to explain your boss times... :(
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:35:28 am »
Just because people have times better than yours doesn't mean that they are cheating.

Also just because you think that you know the level "inside and out" doesn't mean you do know the level super well.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 01:16:58 pm »
Actually, sonicam, I'm making a boss guide, fyi. You should read commentary, my friend. :P But if you want me to explain a time ASAP, just PM me about it.

Anyway, I have been on the level for quite a while, and I'm very sure that this needs some explanation. I just did this stage again with the Shadow Gun at killer speed, which I'm sure could NOT have gone faster. I ended up with 2:03:63. I think this one needs explanation, seeing as there are no shortcuts for this one.

And Tails47 2, I know the thing about "they have better times than yours doesn't mean they're cheating", but the times seem non-legit. Bear in mind that I am a good player, not simply some n00b saying "OMG OMG OMG HAX :(:(" to everything they can't do. I simply don't find this one possible to complete over a period of less than two minutes, and I want a good or at least brief explanation of how they did it if the time is indeed real.

Oh, and if I knew how to record video on TV and put it up on the internet, I would. But then again, Mac computers have their limitations, and basically no one uses them, so it's rather unlikely that I'll be posting videos of me doing my best.

P.S. And let's not take the topic to a discussion of word choice, shall we, Tails47 2?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 01:17:41 pm by PsyBorg »
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 02:10:48 pm »
Actually, sonicam, I'm making a boss guide, fyi. You should read commentary, my friend. :P But if you want me to explain a time ASAP, just PM me about it.

Anyway, I have been on the level for quite a while, and I'm very sure that this needs some explanation. I just did this stage again with the Shadow Gun at killer speed, which I'm sure could NOT have gone faster. I ended up with 2:03:63. I think this one needs explanation, seeing as there are no shortcuts for this one.

And Tails47 2, I know the thing about "they have better times than yours doesn't mean they're cheating", but the times seem non-legit. Bear in mind that I am a good player, not simply some n00b saying "OMG OMG OMG HAX :(:(" to everything they can't do. I simply don't find this one possible to complete over a period of less than two minutes, and I want a good or at least brief explanation of how they did it if the time is indeed real.

Oh, and if I knew how to record video on TV and put it up on the internet, I would. But then again, Mac computers have their limitations, and basically no one uses them, so it's rather unlikely that I'll be posting videos of me doing my best.

P.S. And let's not take the topic to a discussion of word choice, shall we, Tails47 2?
[snapback]8457[/snapback]

I do read commentary... :( All they really say is "I get it now" or "That's a little better" Meh.

I've been on Iron Jungle for a while too and I pretty much gave up, there was no way I could sub 1:40, I'll get it another go, besides, I haven't even beaten the entire story yet... :P

Meh, if SJ decides to come here (chances are slim... :(), let him do what he wants.

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 02:36:34 pm »
K, I'm about to take back what I said about those boss times, I'm starting to get the bosses now... :o

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 02:42:11 pm »
I look forward to your records, Sonicam. Although I am still making the Boss Guide as we speak, I'm glad that I'm getting some competition in the bosses section. ;O

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 02:47:03 pm »
:D

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 04:00:21 pm »
I used the Omochao gun for 1:47.  Come to think of it, though, the Shadow Rifle is probably about as good for this level.  I suppose I'll briefly explain what I did:

-I miss the first gong by avoiding the center of the target.  I homing attack one of Eggman's robots twice, and grab its gun.  I then shoot up the robot on the ball so that I can proceed.
-Skip to the part with the first GUN robots... after bouncing up out of the tower, I shoot the first beetle (1), then I homing attack through the other beetles (2, 3, 4), and the ring container afterwards.  Then I get onto the ride.
-After the ride, I shoot the special weapons box in front of me, and I switch to the Omochao gun.  I go left and fire 3-4 times to make sure both the beetle (5) and the mech (6) are destroyed.
-Next, instead of using the rocket, I take the low road.  I fire at the mech (7) at a slight angle so that the bullet destroys it, but doesn't go for the beetles ahead.  I need to use homing attacks on the beetles (8, 9, 10) to proceed quickly.  Then, I run between the two Eggman robots and light dash to get to the slide.
-Skip to the second gong, which I again purposely miss by hitting the side of the target.  I fire at the beetle (11) and hope that the bullet bounces over to one of the mechs as well; it's usually the one on the right for me (12).  I then shoot the other mech (13) while running to one of the springs ahead.
-After the next stretch, I take the low road, where the mechs are.  I shoot the next mech (14) while running to the opening in the floor, then I jump down and avoid the pole.  After landing, I shoot the mech (15) and proceed.
-Skip to the tightrope.  As I slide off of the tightrope, I fire madly at the two beetles, since I have infinite ammo at this point (16, 17).  I hope that I get them quickly so I can land right onto the spring.  Then I grab the rocket and let go of it as soon as possible.  I drop down and shoot the mech there (18), then I proceed to the last two mechs...
-When I get to the part with all the crates, I just fire madly to take out the last 2 mechs quickly (19, 20).

Hope that helps somewhat.  If further explanation is needed, let me know.

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 05:03:01 pm »
Word Choice? I don't even know what that is, but I think I can infer.

After re-reading my post, it made me sound totally snooty, which I am not. Sorry if I sounded obnoxious.

Offline booo95

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 12:54:10 pm »
I know this mission inside and out, yet there is NO way that I know of that could get me winning in less than two minutes. Anyone care to explain how? Because yoshifan's and Shadow Jacky's times seem reaaaalllly fishy to me.
[snapback]8452[/snapback]
Dude, I've been wondering about shadow jacky's times ever since I saw his stats. As for yoshifan, he's just really good, I've seen yoshifan beat westopolis in 1:20 in a video.
Sonic rules

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 12:57:25 pm »
Dude, I was wondering who told you it was a good idea to bump month-old dead topics?
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 01:40:55 pm »
It was the Jee-man himself :(
Did you not think I had a mind?

Re: Circus Park: Dark mission
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 05:56:55 pm »
yo is this the big mistake you made on boos cheating post? on what I notce about shadowjakys stats?

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 05:59:22 pm »
Word Choice? I don't even know what that is, but I think I can infer.

After re-reading my post, it made me sound totally snooty, which I am not. Sorry if I sounded obnoxious.
no prob

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 06:04:00 pm »
...why must old topics from my past be bumped?

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 07:10:41 pm »
I call for the banhammer.

<3 Thorn.

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 07:17:23 pm »
I call for the banhammer.

BANHAMMER?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 09:48:02 pm »
The BANHAMMER.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 05:38:51 pm »
-Seriously, Thread necromancy is bad.
-Since somebody called for the banhammer, I'm going to have a little humor with it. *Gets on WoW, pulls out dwarf character named Molewhacker, and gets to work on forging the hammer. When its done, it resembles a 6 foot long, two handed hammer with a silver and gold finish and twin sides. On the head of the hammer is some writing with arrows pointing to the business ends that reads: "Heads of n00bs goes here!"* If someone can make a funny picture of this hammer and post it, it would make my day.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 10:30:22 am »
The BANHAMMER.

Yes.

In your FACE.

Kthx.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 10:54:00 am »
The BANHAMMER in my face? D:

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 12:43:23 pm »
lock this topic

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 12:45:23 pm »
...why must old topics from my past be bumped?

bannhammer!!!!

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 01:34:55 pm »
Wait . . . now you're explicitly asking to be banned?
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 11:36:32 am »

I call h4x. As inI totally quoted the wrong post. gg
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2006, 10:07:33 pm »
Wait . . . now you're explicitly asking to be banned?
no

Offline booo95

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2006, 11:36:41 pm »
Please lock Topic.
Sonic rules

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2006, 11:39:23 pm »
omfg die noobs

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 08:49:26 pm »
LOCK THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Print

Hits: 226 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.22 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.