don't click here

ATTN: SprintGod

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: SprintGod  (Read 5069 times)

Offline qubit

« on: December 17, 2005, 10:51:21 am »
I've been trying to encode your vids to WMV using that VLC player you suggested, but something seems to be going wrong.

Any suggestions?
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline SprintGod

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 09:57:55 pm »
No, because WMV sucks. You'll only succeed in doubling the filesize and significantly reducing the image quality.

In future I think I might start encoding into OGM or MKV containers to make things even more awkward for users of crappy software, and also so I can use VBR audio without having to deal with synchronisation issues.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 10:01:56 pm by SprintGod »
If you don't want people to treat you like you're stupid, then your best defence is to not be stupid.

Offline qubit

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 10:00:12 pm »
No, because WMV sucks. You'll only succeed in doubling the filesize and significantly reducing the image quality.
[snapback]8246[/snapback]

Alrighty...MPG then?
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline SprintGod

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 10:03:48 pm »
MPEG is an obsolete format that produces even poorer results than WMV.
If you don't want people to treat you like you're stupid, then your best defence is to not be stupid.

Offline qubit

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 08:12:03 pm »
MPEG is an obsolete format that produces even poorer results than WMV.
[snapback]8248[/snapback]

I'm trying to work with Movie Maker 2 which only accepts WMV or MPG.  I would appreciate encoding tips, not criticism of the movie files.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 08:27:04 pm »
Good luck not getting insults and critism from Sprint, chances of that happening defy all odds. D: Also, MPG is full of shit. :o
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 08:55:23 pm »
sonicam wins on both counts whilst contradicting himself. Very impressive performance.

<3 Thorn.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 09:04:14 pm »
sonicam wins on both counts whilst contradicting himself.
[snapback]8267[/snapback]

Why thank you! :D sonicam is a winnar. :o Also, what, there was no other part of your post... There wasn't I tell you!
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 11:16:21 am »
sonicam wins on both counts whilst contradicting himself. Very impressive performance.

I give him 9.7

sonicam wins on both counts whilst contradicting himself.

Why thank you! :D sonicam is a winnar. :o Also, what, there was no other part of your post... There wasn't I tell you!
[snapback]8268[/snapback]

Is it just me, or did sonicam eliminate the wrong part of mike's post? More like I give him 5.4 now. Laaame.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Print

Hits: 140 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.